Politics 2017 part V

Amentep

House passes the healthcare bill. Don't know if it's good or not or good for the country, but it is a tremendous political achievement. Not sure what's going to happen in the Senate.

Edit: Ha, ha, this is funny - Marine Le Pen: "France will be led by a woman, either me or Angela Merkel!"

Edit2: VENEZUELA-526x600.png

Bernie bros.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Holy ****, reading about the new health bill. Republicans are going full cartoon villain. Trump needs to show his birth certificate to prove he's ****ing human.

Anyone here who voted for Trump, I hold you personally responsible for EVERY death that occurs as result of this. You are straight up murderers.

He is not.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Holy ****, reading about the new health bill. Republicans are going full cartoon villain. Trump needs to show his birth certificate to prove he's ****ing human.

Anyone here who voted for Trump, I hold you personally responsible for EVERY death that occurs as result of this. You are straight up murderers.

Well, thanks. I assume you're reading Democrat's propaganda. It's illegal in US not to treat someone with a life-threatening condition btw.
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

" I hold you personally responsible for EVERY death that occurs as result of this."

And, exactly, how are you going to hold them repsonsible? By wgaging your pathetic little finge rat them? You can't do no such thing.  All talk no action. Unless youa re trhetaneing them? If so, I'm sure Obsidian would not approve of you ujsing their forums to trheaten other posters. LMAO

You, sir, are a tool. A good old fahsion tool. PATHETIC.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, thanks. I assume you're reading Democrat's propaganda. It's illegal in US not to treat someone with a life-threatening condition btw.

True but people may be less willing to seek treatment and preventative care since they can't afford it and when something catastrophic happens they will get treated but will also get a bill that could very well bankrupt them

Free games updated 3/4/21

True but people may be less willing to seek treatment and preventative care since they can't afford it and when something catastrophic happens they will get treated but will also get a bill that could very well bankrupt them

If they survive said catastrophic thing in the first place.

I'm going to wait to read some independent analysis until I decide if the bill is more good than bad. But I'll point out even with Obamacare there are still lots of uninsured. And there are lots of people who are not subsidized under Obamacare who still can't afford the rising health insurance premiums. Also most places in US do have some kind of public healthcare option for those who can't afford private healthcare.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

A little more than 100 days, and already there's no rational reason left to support Trump in any way, shape or form. I hope he will not step down, because I want to feel the satisfaction of him getting impeached.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Still a bill even if they don't

So if you die now your relatives get the bill? Beautiful.

A little more than 100 days, and already there's no rational reason left to support Trump in any way, shape or form.

Yes there is, Accelerationism. Trump will cause the burgeoning nationalist movement to miscarry before it has a chance to live while letting the most destructive forces of capital run unchecked. You're a ****ty commie if you don't understand this concept.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

But I'll point out even with Obamacare there are still lots of uninsured. And there are lots of people who are not subsidized under Obamacare who still can't afford the rising health insurance premiums.

Yeah, but that's a fundamental problem with your system. Do insurance premiums ever go down in cost but coverage go up? In order to be an effective/ efficient system that ought to happen at some point yet all that has been heard for decades is how the costs are always increasing and fewer people have insurance.

The problem with a for profit approach remain the same as last time we had this discussion- insurance will always want to minimise costs and maximise profits; either by not insuring risky people/ cutting coverage to those who become sick or by gouging those who are not sick but have to have insurance. Realistically they do both to an extent. Those are the economic imperatives involved in a capitalistic health system and they're not conducive to a well functioning health system, aren't efficient and aren't economically sensible to anyone except the insurers. They also cannot be changed with the way the US political system works and with US attitudes as they are which makes any modifications an exercise in damage limitation rather than an actual fix.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

But I'll point out even with Obamacare there are still lots of uninsured. And there are lots of people who are not subsidized under Obamacare who still can't afford the rising health insurance premiums.

Yeah, but that's a fundamental problem with your system. Do insurance premiums ever go down in cost but coverage go up? In order to be an effective/ efficient system that ought to happen at some point yet all that has been heard for decades is how the costs are always increasing and fewer people have insurance.

The problem with a for profit approach remain the same as last time we had this discussion- insurance will always want to minimise costs and maximise profits; either by not insuring risky people/ cutting coverage to those who become sick or by gouging those who are not sick but have to have insurance. Realistically they do both to an extent. Those are the economic imperatives involved in a capitalistic health system and they're not conducive to a well functioning health system, aren't efficient and aren't economically sensible to anyone except the insurers. They also cannot be changed with the way the US political system works and with US attitudes as they are which makes any modifications an exercise in damage limitation rather than an actual fix.

The problem with our system isn't the insurance companies, popular as that view may be. The problem is there's no competition between providers, thus they can charge whatever they can get away with. Further, since a third party normally pays instead of the consumer, the consumer doesn't care about costs. But I'm curious, is there a health system where costs go down while quality and coverage go up?

The problem with our system isn't the insurance companies, popular as that view may be. The problem is there's no competition between providers, thus they can charge whatever they can get away with. Further, since a third party normally pays instead of the consumer, the consumer doesn't care about costs. But I'm curious, is there a health system where costs go down while quality and coverage go up?

Well the US is paying more than everyone else, so we should expect to have the best coverage and care. I'm pretty sure we looked at a bunch of data that showed that wasn't true recently. So yes, there are a number of examples of health systems with less cost and better quality and coverage.

C_AesPBVYAAKXeE.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well the US is paying more than everyone else, so we should expect to have the best coverage and care. I'm pretty sure we looked at a bunch of data that showed that wasn't true recently. So yes, there are a number of examples of health systems with less cost and better quality and coverage.

*Rising hand*

That wasn't what he asked, Mr. Teacher.

I'm concerned about your reading comprehension marks, student.