Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
820 replies to this topic

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8610 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Wasn't the original console only?

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Interesting that you have to get it via the battle.net client. Apparently you can buy it with WoW gold too through the WoW token

First I was like "Huh? You drunk, mate?" then I was like :blink: and now I'm like :banghead: **** that noise.

I'm lost

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7003 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Interesting that you have to get it via the battle.net client. Apparently you can buy it with WoW gold too through the WoW token

First I was like "Huh? You drunk, mate?" then I was like :blink: and now I'm like :banghead:  **** that noise.

Well, at least now, I think you can pay for the game with your Blizzard Battle.net Balance, and you can buy WoW tokens with gold and redeem it for a Battle.net Balance. That's how that works, sort of. You'd need to get like 400k gold though, or something large like that

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What are y'all talking about?

Vaeliorin

Vaeliorin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Destiny 2 is apparently exclusive to Battle.net on PC.  Which makes a certain amount of sense, but still...

• Belle Sorciere likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
From the creators of This War Of Mine comes FROSTPUNK. A Steampunk survival game in the Arctic? It appears so. Check it!

• sorophx likes this

Katphood

Katphood

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1605 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wasn't the original console only?

Yes, it was console exclusive.

Destiny 2 is apparently exclusive to Battle.net on PC.  Which makes a certain amount of sense, but still...

Well, they are doing because they need a stronger player-base. Titanfall 2 has awesome multiplayer but on the PC it's pretty much dead. That's what they are trying to avoid I think.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Well, at least now, I think you can pay for the game with your Blizzard Battle.net Balance, and you can buy WoW tokens with gold and redeem it for a Battle.net Balance. That's how that works, sort of. You'd need to get like 400k gold though, or something large like that

I've got a mate of mine that has about 15million gold, the little AH manipulator that he is. Should probably ask him about it and see if it is possible.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7333 posts

From the creators of This War Of Mine comes FROSTPUNK. A Steampunk survival game in the Arctic? It appears so. Check it!

They don't use safety lines to prevent falling, they don't climb together to make it easier on the group, the ones on top don't help the peeople still climbing...

I don't climb or hike mountains but even so this staggering incompetence pisses me off.

• Mamoulian War, Lexx and Chilloutman like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

https://youtu.be/PSyDcBMjbVQ

They don't use safety lines to prevent falling, they don't climb together to make it easier on the group, the ones on top don't help the peeople still climbing...

I don't climb or hike mountains but even so this staggering incompetence pisses me off.
It's happening more and more irl these days though...

https://youtu.be/SR1jwwagtaQ

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2821 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

First I was like "Huh? You drunk, mate?" then I was like :blink: and now I'm like :banghead:  **** that noise.

That is all correct.  But PC version will come out later or so the internetz sez.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8893 posts

"Frostpunk"

thats a pretty dumb title

latest Tomb Raider already did the ice pseudo open world well

Edited by HoonDing, 19 May 2017 - 01:03 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I agree that it's a horrible name, but it's short and memorable. I think Rise Of The Tomb Raider was a great game, the newer Tomb Raider games, I find, are much better than the old games. Well, I'm going to be honest, while the older games were good, they've aged horrbly and I wouldn't touch them now, while the newer games will age very well. Anyways, I'll be keeping an eye out for Frostpunk, maybe it will be better than the overrated Don't Starve or The Forest. I've yet to find a good survival game and hopefully this one will be decent enough.

There are people who rock climb and ice climb without safety lines/ropes so I'm not sure how it adds a factor of unrealism to the games when there are people doing it in real life. It's just most people don't really know that there is a community of hardcore sportsmen/women who take danger to the extreme because they are that good.

Check this out:

• Belle Sorciere likes this

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7333 posts

There are people who rock climb and ice climb without safety lines/ropes so I'm not sure how it adds a factor of unrealism to the games when there are people doing it in real life. It's just most people don't really know that there is a community of hardcore sportsmen/women who take danger to the extreme because they are that good.

It's not about realism, it's about being stupid. If they climbed properly, there would be a safety line the people climbing later could use, reducing the casualty rate of the climbers. And what do hardcore sportsmen have to do with dozens of people climbing for survival? Clearly they'd want to maximize their chances, not show off.

• SonicMage117 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's not about realism, it's about being stupid. If they climbed properly, there would be a safety line the people climbing later could use, reducing the casualty rate of the climbers. And what do hardcore sportsmen have to do with dozens of people climbing for survival? Clearly they'd want to maximize their chances, not show off.
My comments wasn't to start an argument, I was just simply stating a fact that people tend to overlook. Being a hardcore sportsmen has everything to do with Survivalism and is right to be put in games as it has been lately because that's what people would have to do in order to live.

Please, allow me to explain: In extreme situations, you won't have time to do everything like set your ropes, clamps, especially if someone is trying to kill you or you lose a backpack, etc. You have to act fast on the fly, if you're in a life and death situation, chances are you won't be mentally or physically prepared either. You won't even have the proper tools to make things safer and easier in the first place and that's the mindset of the extreme sportsmen "Would I be able to do it if I was alone and not prepared? Let's see just how far I can pi sh the envelope today" fully coming to peace with dying, acknowledging the risk just for 3 words. "I did it".

You're right, it's stupid but then again so is climbing Everest or K2, even with all the help in the world and every life saving gadget, a good number of people who attempt it still die yet they continue to do it... skydiving or any other extreme sport with life threatening situations may be just as stupid but I'm glad they put these kind of things in games because I won't ever do them in real life lol

Edited by SonicMage117, 19 May 2017 - 04:39 PM.

• Oner and Belle Sorciere like this

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7333 posts

In other news, Life is Strange S2 got announced.
http://lifeisstrange...d-entertainment

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I can't wait!

I wonder if Chloe and Max will return or if it will be with all new characters. What do you guys think?

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3345 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hopefully new characters. Else it will likely just end up being fan service crap.

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have a hard time seeing how they could build upon the possible endings of Life is Strange and be true to the characters.

But maybe they'll surprise me.

I'll check the game out either way, though.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7333 posts

I can't wait!

I wonder if Chloe and Max will return or if it will be with all new characters. What do you guys think?

DONTNOD already said at the end of Ep5 that if they were to make a sequel it would be with a new cast. Old characters might get cameos but that may be just wishful thinking on my part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users