RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

- Far Cry 5 trailer -

As someone who lives in the US, this is about the least compelling location they could have chosen, even if I've never been to Big Sky Country.  Obviously, for people living in other countries, or even other people living in the US, this may be different.  The crazy Christian cult is a fine take on Far Cry's usual fight against the evil totalitarian regime trope, granted, you've dealt with religious zealots before in the series.  Ultimately, it's going to come down to how interesting and charismatic the antagonist and major characters in the game are and if the story is strong enough to carry you through the tedium of Ubi's infamous open world grind.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I will be pissed it its not black feminist as main antagonist xD

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I will be pissed it its not black feminist as main antagonist xD

Even better if they are from another country and English is their second language. It would definitely make things more interesting lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Trailer looks stupid. At first I was intrigued, but now not much anymore. Besides, it's just going to be exactly the same as always before anyway... so no loss for me, I guess.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm going to laugh so hard if the main character doesn't have a beard!!!! It's going to be saying something lol

Obviously the main character will be a babyfaced, inexperienced youth that will have his notions of the world challenged by a more charismatic villain. He will also chase collectibles endlessly across an open world for no reason whatsoever. I mean; this is an Ubisoft game, I know what to expect.
Or you know... it could be an older man, still in the military, therefore has to keep a clean cut for service and his wife and has survival experience ;)

Did anyone expect Far Cry 5 to be in Montana and the enemies to be Duck Dynasty clones? I think not, either way, we'll find out soon enough. I'll laugh even harder if it's a female character. Im sure people would start whining about Ubisoft being feminists all over the net then lol Either way, I'm going to buy it regardless of what the SJW's and ubi haters say on Twitter and Ign, I'm thankful that Ubisoft is always pushing the envelope. That's what makes the Far Cry games so great (except Primal which did suck bad for alot of reasons)

Edit: Here's something that was also interesting:

Oh man, here's comes the heat! :D

If it's on the west side of merica, those need to be Mormons. Very religious military armed isolationists with own compounds that defy govt from sticking nose in. I REALLY hope it's that and we deal with cults.

If it's the east coast, then those need to be Tennessee or Georgia mountain, but the isolated good ole boys (squeal for me piggy!) aren't as zeolous or military as the Mormons though.

Mormons be a much better choice bc it's already there.

To be fair, the US has had its share of isolationist religious cults that aren't Mormon. It's not unrealistic for the game to give us one that isn't.

Just for one example: David Koresh.

As far as the game's premise, it seems interesting to me. I'm not sure if I'll buy it since I don't usually buy Ubisoft games.

Edited by Belle Sorciere
  • Like 1

I have to be honest, when I first saw Pagan, I thought he was going to he the worst antogonist ever but played through the game and loved how different the story and characters were from Far Cry 3. It took me awhile to like Pagan as an antogonist while Vaas made me laugh and is a BA from the start.

Thr main difference being how Vaas from Far Cry 3 was a "bad guy" who's sole purpose was to hunt you down and make your life a living hell, while Pagan Min was a "misunderstood" guy who played pychological games with the protagonist, not making his true intentions clear. I think it's those differences that ultimately create a totally different experience despite the open world mechanics remaining very much the same.

The "Welcome to the family" or "religeous cult" premise is being used in gaming more .. Outlast 2, Resident Evil VII and overused in cinema... Rob Zombie movies and so on. We have probably hundreds of them but I'm looking forward to what this will bring to the table. I'm just unsure why Ubi is getting hate for this type of thing when others have been already doing it the last few years. Maybe because it isn't horror? Or maybe this new Far Cry will have horror elements and we just don't know? It's got me oveethinking alot on the possibilities of where they want to go. I expect to be surprised and if I'm not, it will be underwhelming as someone who wants Far Cry to do well.

I want to know more technical things about the game like map size, weapons, if hunting animals and skinning them will remain or if crafting will go another way, if upgrading is the same, ect. Visuals don't look much improved over FC4 or Primal. From the trailer, looks like the same old Dunia engine with not as great optimization as FC4.

Edit:

Uggghhh. Announcement for customizable character here...

Now all we need is base building and slow-mo anti-targeting ;)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Was just being playful lol. I usually prefer pre-made/forced character in Far Cry games but I think this will be nice. I will finally be able to be a female character in a Far Cry game which makes me happy :) hopefully it has alot of options like Saints Row!

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

I kind of figured you were being playful but it's early and sometimes I take things literally.

Before anyone says anything, I also think that pre-generated protagonists have a lot of advantages over customizable protagonists. :)

And then we get games that hybridize the two.

• Like 1

Some time ago a buddy of mine once opined that Ubisoft should have looked to the Revenant for inspiration for their next effort in the series if the modern setting was no limitation in light of Primal. I suppose now that we have a better idea of what the game is Ubisoft met him half-way on the concept, and they may yet do a spin-off that takes place back in time.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Was just being playful lol. I usually prefer pre-made/forced character in Far Cry games but I think this will be nice. I will finally be able to be a female character in a Far Cry game which makes me happy :) hopefully it has alot of options like Saints Row!

Apparently the character will be customizable, maybe there will be female option.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently the character will be customizable, maybe there will be female option.

Yeah, that's what we were talking about. :)

Yeah, that's what we were talking about. :)

Totally missed it.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

by the looks of it it will be exactly like Wildlands. not a bad thing, necessarily, since Wildlands itself plays a lot like the first Far Cry

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's a really long neck.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

As thin people tend to have I suppose.

Here's something else...

https://youtu.be/ZGrF9kp3ixY

I'm betting this is true.

snip

Oh you have no ****ing clue mate!

I'm actually in a position at my work that I get a look at assets from Ubisoft; all their neck are like freaking giraffes, specially in the AC series from 3 onward. I assumed that it had to with the fact that in AC the characters had a lot of gear around their neck and they needed the extra space to make it look pleasing. Now I'm not so sure, maybe one of the owners has a thing for long necks and demands that his/her fetish be catered to?

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Lol What about the brontosaurus necks in FO3, New Vegas, Skyrim and FO4? :p I loved playing with them in character creation tbh...

post-173997-0-69915400-1495942678_thumb.jpg

Hmmm... so it's going to be soon!

Edited by SonicMage117

Trailer looks stupid. At first I was intrigued, but now not much anymore. Besides, it's just going to be exactly the same as always before anyway... so no loss for me, I guess.

Yup.

Instead of American frat boy goes to Laos or whatever it's American frat boy drives out to the sticks. Aaand there will radio towers and cougars and black bears and whatever else they can cram in there.  A Jared Leto-ish preacher bad guy by the look of things, who is going to be overly familiar with the protagonist for no reason.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

FC5 has character creation this time though, so that means no more frat boy I guess.

I honestly thought the protagonist for this one was going to be a high school girl who runs away from home, then the main antagonist, the leader of the cult would fall instantly in love with her at first sight and try to force her to be his bride but the girl refuses so the cult gets mad and imprisons her, and she escapes so they hunt her down. I thought that premise would be logical since this is type of situation is not uncommon in cults and yet it would make the game even more controversial. Which would only be good for sales as controversy only would drive up the sales.

I cant wait to see the newest addition to animals.... the cow :p

I honestly thought the protagonist for this one was going to be a high school girl who runs away from home, then the main antagonist, the leader of the cult would fall instantly in love with her at first sight and try to force her to be his bride but the girl refuses so the cult gets mad and imprisons her, and she escapes so they hunt her down. I thought that premise would be logical since this is type of situation is not uncommon in cults and yet it would make the game even more controversial. Which would only be good for sales as controversy only would drive up the sales.

I am not sure right now if you're serious or just make stuff up for lolz.

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

FC5 has character creation this time though, so that means no more frat boy I guess.

I cant wait to see the newest addition to animals.... the cow :p

Nah, the most dangerous beast in the wilderness is the deer. Just ask anybody.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Speaking of...

Ubisoft released a new trailer today to stir the pot even further by saying "We actually went to Montana and what we met alot of people that didn't want to be bothered, they just wanted to be left alone" and "We don't trust the government, we'll do it ourselves."

And goes on to saying at the end of the trailer: "I think that bar is actually in Montana" impyling that bars like the one in the game exists, where the owner openly pulls guns on customers and such.

What I really want to know is what exactly did he mean when he said: "Each character has their own opinions, you'll see that they're just not a.i. they have personalities"

... Will they be as good as the townfolk will be in Deadfire I wonder?

https://youtu.be/dTW-fMr24d8

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1