What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Ppl care about achievements?

in a sense, yes, more for progression.  Also, yes, found and mod.  For anyone who cares.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D245%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Edited by SadExchange
  • Like 1

Edit: And yes, Bethesda made sure that unofficial patch is available since day 1! As opposed to... Y'know... Incorporating the fixes. Nobody's got time to do that.

There is actually a bit of a reason for this...or at least, there may be a bit of a reason that I learned from when this issue was being discussed in regards to the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions: ownership of the fixes. Unofficial mega-patches are typically the work of a bunch of different modders who have agreed to have their work featured in that mega-patch...but as the years go by, many of them disappear or change names and are otherwise uncontactable, making it difficult for Bethesda to incorporate their fixes without potentially running into ownership issues. While these modders may have given permission for their work to be featured in that particular mod, they probably didn't give the company itself explicit permission to use their work in an official and commercial capacity, and when unofficial patches like that involve perhaps dozens of contributors, or even more, fixing hundreds of different issues where credit to each individual modder may or may not be given, it's a sort of landmine that companies tend to want to avoid lest they be financially liable for unrightfully using another person's work. Instead, they'll probably just focus their manhours implementing their own fixes of some of the worst issues instead of trying to incorporate other people's work.

This is, at least, how I understood the situation to be for the Enhanced Editions. BeamDog still got more done with the help of modders than most companies, though - or at least I think so - because they tried to reach out to the community and get as much collaboration, being a small company, as they could.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Final boss in MKX would've been much easier if I could reliably perform combos

Jax is best character because X,X,X combo I can still perform easily

X,X,Y and Y,X,Y seemed very problematic

im too old for this malarkey

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just wanted to pop in for a quick word. I lurk in these forums a lot and I take the advice on what to buy. I don't have as much time as I'd like and it's typical for me to start a game and leave it running while I do other things that need doing. I would say this community is better than others, but I've really only lurked here for some time. I don't know about other places, but I get good advice here. There are several I could cite, but those would only serve to arouse suspicion. Let me point out two people whom I've grown to trust, melkathi and Fenixp. Now this won't be a bromance sort of thing. Sorry, I'm a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy... not only in real life but on the interwebs also. Still, gotta give thanks. I probably won't be around much, but I think I might pop in from time to get more of the good advice I've enjoyed so far. So... thanks? Wait. Erase that. So, thank you.

Steam Halloween Sales are on, bought these:

-  Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000  
-  Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition  
-  Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition  
-  Knock-knock  
-  Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder  
-  Darkness Within 2: The Dark Lineage  
-  Dropsy  
-  Theatre Of The Absurd  
-  NAM  
-  Darklands  
-  Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet  
-  Stalingrad  
-  Albert and Otto  
-  Bulb Boy  
-  System Shock: Enhanced Edition  
-  Dinosaur Hunt  
-  Space Pilgrim Episode I: Alpha Centauri  
-  Space Pilgrim Episode II: Epsilon Indi 
-  Space Pilgrim Episode III: Delta Pavonis  
-  Toby: The Secret Mine

Amazing how much entertainment you can get out of a mere 36 Euros.  :p

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

ownership of the fixes

I think that, somewhere in the EULA, you agree that Bethesda has ownership of all user modifications. But let's say that EULAs are not really legal documents and won't necessarily stand up in court. What I would expect Bethesda to do is to take a look at the bugs unofficial patch fixes, all described in the wiki and I'm pretty sure bug tracker of the patch itself, and fix the bloody things for themselves. I'm not even asking them to fix everything, just the progress-stopping stuff (and there's not even that much of it left in the game, incidentally.) You know, so that people who don't want to play with mods don't bump into these well-known and documented problems.

Now this won't be a bromance sort of thing.

Not your choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcIjFeWE4fE

• Like 1

Because I seemingly have an attention deficit problem, I'm playing League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Starcraft 2 Visual Novel (it's free on Steam, check it out), Banner Saga, Black Mesa and The Saboteur. Plus some other games I have installed but am not actively playing currently.

• Like 1

hoo Big Picture Mode is the business.

Forgot how amazing the Skyrim music score is.

Yeah. Big picture mode has been working splendid however as I understand a patch will be coming next week due to the audio being extremely compressed and not sounding as good as the original but overall, really digging the five or so hours I've spent with the game. I do hope some modders come up with a LOD fix soon enough. Overall happy with the free copy and love the exploration

hoo Big Picture Mode is the business.

Forgot how amazing the Skyrim music score is.

Yeah. Big picture mode has been working splendid however as I understand a patch will be coming next week due to the audio being extremely compressed and not sounding as good as the original but overall, really digging the five or so hours I've spent with the game. I do hope some modders come up with a LOD fix soon enough. Overall happy with the free copy and love the exploration

I didn't notice the sound at first, apart from quieter shouts and spells.  Now I've heard direct comparisons there's a definite downgrade.  Have Bethesda made a statement about a patch?

I had just read somewhere they'll be addressing the sound in the next patch. Sorry I don't have a link.

Ahh hopefully they will.  Apparently another solution is to extract and repack the original sounds so it wouldn't surprise me if Bethesda don't update it  :getlost:

I'd like to point out that one thing Special Edition really improved is how rain and snow is handled. In other words, that they don't pass through terrain. So if wind blows in a certain direction and you step under a cliff, it'll block the snow. If you stand beneath a roof, it'll block the rain. It's really old tech of course and should have been in the game in the first place, but it finally bloody is and it feels great.

• Like 1

I'll wait with the DS3 dlcs until they all have been released. People saying the current one is rather short- and I don't feel like stopping already just when I got warm again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

PoE, I love how the game tries to tell you that you're overleveled for an area and you still have trouble beating the ****ing dragon on the White March.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

As it turns out, quitting playing Skyrim until more essential mods get released is easier said than done.

PoE, I love how the game tries to tell you that you're overleveled for an area and you still have trouble beating the ****ing dragon on the White March.

Well the dragons are supposed to be pretty much the most powerful creatures in that world.

I'd say the succeeded portraying that, to frustration of many.

More Mad Max.  Finally managed to get the threat down to zero in Jeet's territories.  I also busted through The Jaw and reached Pink Eye's stronghold.  I'm currently mostly mucking about in Gutgash's and Pink Eye's territories and have their threat down to 2 and 3 respectively, but I'm going to hop back on the main story for a bit to get the V8 engine.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks