What you did today.

Rosbjerg

And now a ride in the back of a cop car for a psych evaluation at the hospital.

I hope you get better soon Calax.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So, today was my last session of occupational therapy for my right hand. Turns out I have a strength of 19,2kg in my right hand. 37kg is considered normal for people of my age. This will still take a while to recover...

Tomorrow the last date with the doctor, then next week I finally will be working again. Damn, that's 13 weeks of doing nothing now. Time to do something useful again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, today was my last session of occupational therapy for my right hand. Turns out I have a strength of 19,2kg in my right hand. 37kg is considered normal for people of my age. This will still take a while to recover...

Tomorrow the last date with the doctor, then next week I finally will be working again. Damn, that's 13 weeks of doing nothing now. Time to do something useful again.

13 weeks off for a broken hand! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living that caused you to be off because of a broken hand? Also, Im jealous.

• Like 1

And held by the hospital for at least the night

As always my advice to not die applies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First 2 weeks was regular holidays. :) Then I had a normal plastic cast for 2 weeks- here they then noticed that the fracture got worse and I'll need to have the medical intervention or my finger bones might rotate and become out of alignment. After the operation happened I got a cast for another full 3 weeks. The doctor said it is a very instable fracture and then I had additional 3 weeks to recover: Gaining back the ability to move my fingers, make a fist, etc. It took me approx 1 week to reach this, since then I am pretty much just training to move my fingers + waiting for the swell to get away.

I am an office clerk who writes a lot through the day and I am right hander, so obviously I was unable to do pretty much anything. I couldn't even work with telephone only, because I'll have to make notes all the time. I mean, I *could* do this with only the left hand too, but it would be really slow and tedious over the day. So yeah, it's better (and less painful) to let the hand heal correctly in my case.

Rule of thumb: Better don't break your hand. It's not worth it, because in all of the free time you can do only little anyway. Well, except if you love to watch tv or such things. :p

/Edit: The only good thing was that it is really, really easy to get into a talk with girls if you have a huge cast around your hand. It looks painful and pretty much everyone approached me because of it. :p

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm working in an office too and I know that if I couldn't work because of a broken hand I'd be fired within 3 weeks. 

Anyway, what I did: went cycling, completely obliterated 10 or so cyclists with their stupid E-bikes, uphill and downhill.  Those stupid electronic bikes are against everything sport stands for, whenever I see one in front of me I get a significant rage-induced power boost and overtake them like a jet fighter. 

What a stupid invention, if you are too f*cked up to use a normal bicycle get in shape or buy a motorbike and stop pretending that you're cycling for gods sake.  

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm working in an office too and I know that if I couldn't work because of a broken hand I'd be fired within 3 weeks.

Indeed, would've been possible for me too. Had some good luck, though: After my 2 weeks of vacation my boss started her 5 weeks of vacation, so in this time not much happened. Then it was planned for me to be on sick leave only for 1 more week, so it would be stupid to look for someone new. Of course the doc added a few more weeks after that... but then it wasn't really worth it anymore to replace me.

Beside this, it is not exactly easy to find someone for this kind of job (it is logistic with a very short schedule time. We pretty much manage medical delieveries from today to tomorrow and they already tried for a while to find a new co-worker. The job can be very stressful at times). Also it requires at least 1 month of training until you can *really* start to work on your own. I was working on my own already after approx 2 weeks, as I am a fast learner. :>

All of this helped me to keep the job, and I am happy about it. It's good pay and I actually like the job. It's the best job I've had in the past 7 years. Loosing it probably would have pushed me right back into depression-town.

@E-Bikes: Maybe they only cycle for the chilling & landscape and less for sports? Though, I've also seen only old people with E-Bikes so far.

Edited by Lexx

When I see people out walking, I don't lambast them for not running. Everyone has their own thing going on.

When I see people jogging, I usually shout "You can't outrun yourself".

They usually pick up the pace, so I assume I'm helping.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

. No great achievement in overtaking them, they are built for endurance not speed after all. 

So am I, though I blast them both in speed and endurance by a huge margin. E-bikes are pathetic machines for pathetic pretenders. 

Edited by Woldan

. No great achievement in overtaking them, they are built for endurance not speed after all. 

So am I, though I blast them both in speed and endurance by a huge margin. E-bikes are pathetic machines for pathetic pretenders. 

Just like e-peens.

• Like 1

Welcome back man, what's up?

I'm tired as heck because they had me on hourly vitals so Every hour at night they checked my pulse and my temperature. Also they were worried about seizures so I had to sleep in the "secure" section (basically a dolled up jail cell) on a mattress on the floor because they didn't have any medical beds that would hold me in the bed if I had a seizure.

Today it took five hours to see a psyciatrist and the doc basically said "Well, you seem to be doing better so I'm gonna get you discharged".

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

When I see people out walking, I don't lambast them for not running.  Everyone has their own thing going on.

This is obviously why you are not an Alpha Male, man. You must show dominance, always!

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm off to the hospital, woke up with sharp pain in my upper lungs (behind the sternum), have troubles breathing and I'm very tired, also dizzy.  I'm very sure its mild pneumothorax (air in chest cavity, that is what makes the lung shot so dangerous ). Which apparently can happen spontaneously to anyone for no reason at all, no injury or illness required. It just happens sometimes.   :blink:

Bah, I hate hospitals. They're full of ugly things. 

Edited by Woldan

I'm off to the hospital, woke up with sharp pain in my upper lungs (behind the sternum), have troubles breathing and I'm very tired, also dizzy.  I'm very sure its mild pneumothorax (air in chest cavity, that is what makes the lung shot so dangerous ). Which apparently can happen spontaneously to anyone for no reason at all, no injury or illness required. It just happens sometimes.   :blink:

Bah, I hate hospitals. They're full of ugly things. 

Well get better and I hope its nothing serious

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela