What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Forgot to eat, damn Wasteland 2. :(

I'm trembling from hunger ;_;

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Forgot to eat, damn Wasteland 2. :(

I'm trembling from hunger ;_;

I ate a blood sausage.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Played Wolfenstein ET in my favorite server, for 12 hours straight. Now I feel sick and nauseous. I'm getting old, I remember when I was a kid I could play all day long without ever getting tired. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Got my priorities straight. No girlfriend. 8)

• Like 1

Heh, I just noticed how much free time everyone from us has. 12 hours, that's kinda madness, man. :>

I love all the free time I have during the summer.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

As I was trying to go to sleep I woke up to a text from one of my friends at the airport asking if we'd left yet. I personally was home, and I told him this. He asked if he driver who was supposed to do the late night run was gone and I had no idea. Get a hold of that person, turns out yeah, she'd left early. 

Once the dust settles from texts and phone calls, a passenger from our 1030 run hadn't shown up for that one (her flight landing later than 10:30) so she'd waited until the 12:15, but nobody made a note like this in the computer, so the driver of the 12:15 had just taken off when she had her one person on her manifest. And because I'm the only guy who's phone is known by the guys at the airport, I get to be the main touchpoint for all of this while I'm trying to get to sleep.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm having trouble sleeping.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, I've slid back into that zone of not falling asleep till some point after 3am, then being stuck in that not fully awake, but not quite sleeping doze for a few hours before managing to get up.

And my attention span for anything non-escapist is shot to hell. Okay, even with the escapist stuff of reading some books or playing games it's still being somewhat scattered.

Try to do some research and it gets a few google searches in and things chased up before "oo shiny" happens.

Just seem to be having trouble focusing and getting in gear on things at the moment. Which is annoying.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, I've slid back into that zone of not falling asleep till some point after 3am, then being stuck in that not fully awake, but not quite sleeping doze for a few hours before managing to get up.

And my attention span for anything non-escapist is shot to hell. Okay, even with the escapist stuff of reading some books or playing games it's still being somewhat scattered.

Try to do some research and it gets a few google searches in and things chased up before "oo shiny" happens.

Just seem to be having trouble focusing and getting in gear on things at the moment. Which is annoying.

Did you find with all your training you were doing it helped you sleep?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I've been celebrating the beginning of my favorite time of the year, autumn / fall / Herbst! Comfortable temperatures, beautiful changeable weather, colorful leaves, harvest time! 

Autumn is ten times better than summer, spring and winter combined, I wish it was autumn all year long. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

It's cold outside and I'm studying.

Did you find with all your training you were doing it helped you sleep?

Not as much. But then I'm still keeping up with some of the training post Tough Mudder. No sense in letting it all drop.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today is a public holiday in South Africa, its called Heritage Day. Its a day where we celebrate our diversity and the fact we all come from different cultures but we are all South African

Its also called Braai ( Barbeque) Day so the idea is people spend the day around the braai with friends and family. And that's always a good time to have a public holiday

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have a headache and it feels like my head is about to explode. I have felt this way since yesterday. I also went to the dentist and he violated my mouth and took an extraordinary amount of money for it. 

That's pretty much what has happened to me too. Running at peak stress levels all week, some fairly important things re the rest of my life are probably gonna get sorted out one way or the other soonish.

Oh, and heard that season 2 of true detective with Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn confirmed. \m/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I haven't listened to the radio in over a year. I've been listening to writing podcasts and then an audiobook the entire time.

So what do I find when I finally start listening to it again yesterday? All the same freaking songs.

How am I supposed to develop into an out-of-touch curmudgeon who hates modern music if the radio never plays anything different?

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I should have gotten some work done at home but instead I played Unreal Tournament 99' with bots at ''inhuman'' difficulty setting.  ASMD SHOCK RIFLE COMBO KILLING SPREE MULTI KILL RAMPAGE! 

The ASMD shock rifle is just too much fun. 

Edited by Woldan

*Sigh* Unable to sleep, chest hurts too much. My doctor has assured me it's probably from this virus I've caught not too long ago, but I can't shake off the nagging doubt that it's something heart-related even though I know it's exceedingly unlikely with my age/lifestyle/family history and the symptoms aren't matching either. The sadly unavoidable fate of the med student is to descend into paranoia, it seems.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Took an exam, have to get several reports in, and am running on 3 hours of sleep, caffeine, and various energy supplements. I'm considering bombarding myself with gamma rays and hoping for the best.

• Like 2