What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Coming home, being happy that it's finally weekend, thinking of nothing evil...

... got a letter from my renter, my rent will increase on 01.01.2015 by quite a margin. Probably won't be able to cover it, so after 8 years, I'll guess now I have to find a new place where I can deploy all my shait. And I don't have a good feeling about it, because everywhere else around here the rent is even higher already. Unless, of course, you want to live in certain areas, where you don't really feel motivated to go outside when it's dark.

Heh, I'm still technically homeless. Finding an Apartment or a townhouse in Berlin is harder by a Magnitude than in Australia. Biggest obstacle is not having a history (which you don't have for obvious reasons after 4 weeks in a new country).

Ah well, some day I'll get a roof over my head and not live in the hotel special offer the day/week.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Welp, it all depends on where you are. Here in ames it's anywhere between 4 and 800 bucks a month. Although this is for somewhere else I shall now curl up in my corner again

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In Berlin though? I assume it's gonna be somewhere between 700-1k.

Here in DC, the starting point for a 1BR is probably double that. 

Today I found out that I'm going to be getting an award at work.  The team within my agency to which I spend most of my time providing legal advice is recognizing my customer service. 

• Like 2

Bar exam today. I've never felt so drained in my life and I've never had so much trouble motivating myself (I can practice without the exam due to my other qualifications, so I need to do it just to be accepted into the bar association). ****ing ****.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Bar exam today. I've never felt so drained in my life and I've never had so much trouble motivating myself (I can practice without the exam due to my other qualifications, so I need to do it just to be accepted into the bar association). ****ing ****.

You'll pass. If you don't, blame the time you spent at Finnish Innsmouth for screwing with your mind.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Whats the ballpark monthly rent of a one bedroom apartment in a decent part of town?

I didnt check the one bedroom apartments to be honest, but something that is large enough for the container full furniture on its way, monthly rent is about 1200-1500 Euros depending on suburb.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In Philadelphia I pay 1275USD/month for a pretty good apartment in a central location, easy to hit 800-1000 but with various drawbacks. I know one bedrooms here would hit those Berlin prices (1200-1500 euros) easily.

If you are looking to rent in Copenhagen you are in for a long wait. There's basically nothing available except hotels or high end high turnover luxury appartments or maybe one of those apparment sharing apps. 

Every year thousands of students end up with nothing and have to commute for hours from the burbs. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Good luck. Though by now you're done writing it most likely so kind of a moot sentiment.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anti-anxiety exercise?  Like dancing naked in front of a crowd? 

Cognitive therapy.

Oh, this sounds so very unspectacular.  :p

What I did today: I lifted so hard that I'm now unable to pick up let alone hold a mug. Which kind of sucks because I had planned to play UT online but I can hardly use the keyboard since my forearms and biceps are completely trashed, lol. 

Also I'm re-installing FEAR, still the best FPS ever created, I love this game so much. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I worked 10 hours and am now going to treat myself by getting drunk, playing videogames, and watching horror movies.

Today I truely realized I loved my SO, it's a distinction I've often heard others talk about - but today I really felt it. What a wonderful feeling...

Pregnancy test came up positive?  :banana:

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ah crap, my favorite neighbor is in the hospital because he has leukemia. He isn't that old and he always appeared healthy and very happy for his age (65), and now this. :unsure:

The strange thing is, his father died from the same thing and two of his dogs died from blood poisoning, I suspect they all came in contact with very unhealthy materials very frequently. I told him that but he doesn't what it could be.  

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I truely realized I loved my SO, it's a distinction I've often heard others talk about - but today I really felt it. What a wonderful feeling...

Why did you let use your forum account ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm, it is surprisingly coherent now that you mention it - something I definitely wasn't at that time.

But probably just drunk me anyway - I tend to get all touchy-lovey feely when I've had 10+ sambuka shots. Much to the amusement of my friends, who has now learned to take advantage of that.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm still trying to puzzle out what SO means.

Also my daughter carved a heart into my wife's car.  It's a bit of a debacle.

Significant Other.