What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Good luck Woldan.

Welcome back man, what's up?

I'm tired as heck because they had me on hourly vitals so Every hour at night they checked my pulse and my temperature. Also they were worried about seizures so I had to sleep in the "secure" section (basically a dolled up jail cell) on a mattress on the floor because they didn't have any medical beds that would hold me in the bed if I had a seizure.

Today it took five hours to see a psyciatrist and the doc basically said "Well, you seem to be doing better so I'm gonna get you discharged".

Well, I'm glad you're back and at least "seem to be doing better".

Looks like everyone in this thread is doing hospital or doctor stuff. My last hospital visit (I've mentioned it before) included taking blood for testing and now I've got a giant bruise where the blood was tapped.

Well, I might as well add my medical concerns.  Silly baby keeps giving us back all the food we give him.  Which, at least, explains why he was fighting so much when we tried to give it to him in the first place. 

He doesn't seem especially unwell, otherwise.  He just seems to think that his food is much better off sprayed all over my chest than in his stomach. 

Anyhow, I've taken a sick day and am waiting for the pediatrician to call back to talk it over (and to see whether we should bring him in for a look). 

Edited by Enoch

Well, I might as well add my medical concerns.  Silly baby keeps giving us back all the food we give him.  Which, at least, explains why he was fighting so much when we tried to give it to him in the first place. 

He doesn't seem especially unwell, otherwise.  He just seems to think that his food is much better off sprayed all over my chest than in his stomach. 

Anyhow, I've taken a sick day and am waiting for the pediatrician to call back to talk it over (and to see whether we should bring him in for a look). 

Is he like:

the_most_hilarious_come_at_me_bro_memes_

Always amazed at how parents put up with babies. :p

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Feh, too much work. I'll stick to The Sims.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The only way my kid could ever make me proud would be if he became the ruler of the entire world. The problem is that I am planning to become the ruler, so he or she would have to kill me in their rise for power.

I think that I will not get kids.

Feh, too much work. I'll stick to The Sims.

It would totally interfere with your committed relationship with apathy as well. :biggrin:

Apathy is a high maintenance mistress.

• Like 1

Come now, I can think of a couple of people who with a more apathetic lifestyle could have made the world a better place. Why, if I could travel back in time I would certainly try to convince young Dolfie that he should just give in to bumming around, that he should stop obsessing at getting to be any good at painting and that, how patriotic it might seem, he certainly shouldn't go and join the army.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I'm still two paychecks behind at my current job. And it's beginning to get annoying.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Always amazed at how parents put up with babies. :p

It's pretty worth it, they are super cool to watch grow up.  Plus we get to corrupt them with all our odd ideas.  

Yeah, I totally can't wait until he's able to communicate beyond gestures, cries, and expulsion of fluids. 

We did end up seeing the doctor, but probably didn't need to.  The doc took a look at how cheerful the little guy is and pretty quickly concluded that he's already getting better.  Was told to go slow re-introducing his normal food, and to try some electrolyte solution and eat more fruit/veg purees in the interim.  (His reaction to the electrolyte solution would've made a good "What the hell is this ****?" image macro if I were quick with a camera.) 

The "stage 1" solid food experimentation has been kinda fun, by the way.  Good:  Green beans, butternut squash, apple, carrot.  Less Good:  Peas, sweet potato, mango.  Still uncertain on pears. 

• Like 1

In the hospital they put a valve into my chest and released the air that was trapped inside my chest cavity. Don't know where that came from, docs suspect it might be leaking from a tiny lung fissure, nothing lethal unfortunately. Should fix itself without surgical intervention but I may need to come again to release some air. Maybe I hurt myself in the cycling accident and didn't notice it right away. 

Anyway, I just hand loaded 100 rounds of high quality ammo. Here it is! Only took me 6 hours. OCD can be bad when making ammo lol. 

100ammomichael_zps8461f206.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Need to mow the lawn, but I've got an ingrown toenail that is hurting. One of the electrical phases is dead, and I can't find any error on the fuses so my waterpump and heat does'nt work - even better, it's the main phase for the kitchen, so I can't make any food.

But atleast I've managed to wrangle an extension cord to power the fridge, so I've got that going for me, wich is nice.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tried to fix my dumb PS3 which stuck in update installation hell because WTF. Had to delete and re-download and install 5gb's of updates and the 15gb game, and the problem still persists. And the installation process took me 15 hours because that ugly thing is so slow. Even the patience of a saint has an end. 

If there is one thing that truly deserves a holocaust its consoles. The console is the ugly and mentally retarded brother of the PC. Seriously, with consoles I had like 100 times more troubles than with PC's, ever, plus PC problems have always been relatively easy to fix. 

PS3 so far: 3x red and yellow ring of death. Countless firmware errors. Failed updates. Burned gfx cards. Screen freezes. Sudden frame rate drops. 

I'm never gonna buy a console again, ever, not even to play my favorite console exclusive game, its just not worth the troubles and frustration. I'm really tempted to shoot it with my 12 gauge because right now nothing would be more satisfying than sending some heavy lead into that thing and seeing its internal parts splatter across the room. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Noticed that I somehow accidentally deleted huge parts of my hdd. Which means that I am trying to recover files right now... Lots of stuff is lost, lots of important stuff...

I could cry right now.

I just wanted to play games the full day, because tomorrow I am working again. And now this. God, please help me.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Noticed that I somehow accidentally deleted huge parts of my hdd. Which means that I am trying to recover files right now... Lots of stuff is lost, lots of important stuff...

I could cry right now.

I just wanted to play games the full day, because tomorrow I am working again. And now this. God, please help me.

Why haven't you been making backups? Its one of the most important rules if you have pertinent data

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I'm going to study and play videogames. Will probably do more of the latter and start losing my **** around 8 pm.

I could cry right now.

**** dude that sucks. Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I had backups, but a few weeks ago my backup server went belly up. I was about to make new backups when this shait happened now.

That sux, never nice when that happens

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah. Luckily I could recover one partition already with most of the stuff being back now. Working on the second partition, but this one has quite a lot missing stuff already. Though, it looks like I can get the most important files back. After this is done, I'll just have my third partition left to do.... it's the least important one, so let's hope for the best.

In any case I probably won't be playing Wasteland 2 today... bleh. Also my Fallout New Vegas mod collection is gone, which hurts a bit too, because I used lots of custom mini-tweaks that I never uploaded anywhere.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Today I have been mostly haranguing Calax on Steam.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.