What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

I caught the first two episodes of Forever.

One of the things I did like was that the homicide detective actually has a dozen or so cases, and gets yelled at for focusing on one case over the others.

Has a lot of nice, dry wit running around, especially from the protagonist - the immortal who keeps waking up naked in water whenever something kills him. In a search for a "cure" that will allow him to finally die for real, he's ended up becoming a Forensic Medical doctor...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Agents of SHIELD was good. They even gave Absorbing Man his ball and chain. Lots of repercussions from last season. Poor Fitz.

Yeah, my socks came right off. I even like what they're doing with Ward. He seems to be in an interesting place, not an agent, not with Hydra, no longer lying to anyone, including himself. 

Definitely did not see it coming, with Fitz and Simmons. Which says a lot, since most 'newly outed relationships' take a turn off the interesting cliff. The reason she left seems out of character, though. 

Some good fights, too. Agent May kicked Creel to the ground like a street thug chump. 

All Stop. On Screen.

It was basically everything people wanted last season to be. Lots of spy action, lots of Marvel references, and characters that are interesting and you care about. I hope it keeps it up. Putting the team in the shadows and showing that Hydra are still a major force, but that no one else takes them seriously means that Coulson's SHIELD has a real nemesis.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I started watching the latest and final season of Sons of Anarchy, as usual really good. But a very violent series, definitely not for the young ones

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I started watching the latest and final season of Sons of Anarchy, as usual really good. But a very violent series, definitely not for the young ones

On the contrary. Show your young children how things can end if violence. Once an exceptionally violent seen is over, you tell your kid: See what happens when people don't get along? What's better this? Or trying to talk things through.

Yeah, I'd be a great parent. 

• Like 1

They aren't called Men of Mayhem for nothing.  Bloodiest season of them all. 

About 1/2 of the way thru Season 2 of Arrow.   Just finished watching the episodes with Barry Allen in them.  Nice intro for the Flash.  :)

Edited by kgambit

It was basically everything people wanted last season to be. Lots of spy action, lots of Marvel references, and characters that are interesting and you care about. I hope it keeps it up. Putting the team in the shadows and showing that Hydra are still a major force, but that no one else takes them seriously means that Coulson's SHIELD has a real nemesis.

If it's still around, seeing the aftermath of Avengers 3(probably something involving Thanos) will be cool.

Tried Gotham. Hated it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Been watching through a few episodes of Crossing Lines on Amazon Prime.

If you ignore the utter silliness of how they use the ICC, it's not a bad crime show, with some interesting characters and moments of quite good lines.

"This better be good mate. You called me away from a woman of questionable morals and a staggering imagination..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I thought the first ep of Gotham was OK. Too 'bitty' and too many random name drops for it to be good, but that has to be expected in a first episode of that type where there are already a bunch of 'known' characters to establish. Very much an open question as to whether it's going to build on and benefit from the lore and established characters or drown unceremoniously under the weight of the lore and expectations though.

• Like 1

If it's still around, seeing the aftermath of Avengers 3(probably something involving Thanos) will be cool.

Tried Gotham. Hated it.

Bullock and Montoya pissed me off, I really like the Burton/Nolan combo style of the city though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Star Wars: Rebels was renewed for a 2nd season before the first episode aired. But without Greg Weisman. From his tweets its sounding to me like they either gave him a spinoff series, or something else star wars. His response to "We'll miss you" tweets is " Or not, wait and see" and to "come back!" Tweets is "I haven't gone far" everything else is #Nospoilers

Devastatorsig.jpg

Huh, Greg Weisman was kindof the main selling point on that project to me. : / Then again, Dave Filoni is pretty darn awesome too.

He's still on board the first season, and losing a guy like Weisman before season 2 means either he had a better offer, or they wanted him on something else. So either he's doing something he wants to do more, or he's running another show rather than playing second fiddle to Filoni. Either way good news.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Been bingeing on Fringe.

Hugely fun.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

slowly chipping away at season 6 of clone wars. Did they seriously devote 3 episides to corruptiin in the banking clan at the expense of not having any episodes with Ahsoka or Darth Maul? like 8 episodes in and I question why they even bothered.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched 2 episodes of the latest season of suits. As the rpgcodex would say: Decline.

I disagree, good sir.  I did a binge watch of the first four seasons over the past two weeks and I must say I really enjoyed the show.  And I detest lawyer shows. 

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

in comics the hero is only as good as his villains, Comic book tv seems the same, because having Hydra has made Agents of SHIELD so much better.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

American Horror Story: Freak Show

Tonight on FX. Be there or be square.

:dancing:  

Nice, very excited

I'm going to try to wait till the whole season has been released before I watch it. I'm just not sure if I can restrain myself ..... :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela