RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Who says they didn't know. This was an open secret.

I knew, i still pledged, but i'm not going to go ape**** if nothing is ever made. I knew the risks of Kickstarting. It's not investment, it's not preorder. It's just giving money and hope you get  something in return when/if the create it.

Strange that you feel companies like Bioware rip us off, don't deliver on the final product and you say you won't support them. But you are fine paying for a game that may not be finished and has now become apparent that the development company doesn't know how to manage a basic balance sheet?

At least with Bioware gives us something we can play, yay for the big publisher business model :p

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm a bit surprised that such an established studio is having so much difficulty balancing their budget.  It does make me worry for Obsidian.

I assume this type of screw up is more common than not, just due to nature of things. But, Obsidian might have better business management than DF. Also assuming Schafer and crew didn't all make house payments or get new cars with the money :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Better than the speech from Independence Day.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Unless we get some leakers or a frank postmortem, we won't ever really see a proper postmortem-audit of how DF's funds were managed, whether they 'overspent' on certain things or it was always an unrealistic proposition, etc., etc. I think as a backer I ultimately won't mind if (1) DF doesn't run themselves aground over this, and (2) they do produce a game of Grim Fandango's scale that is as good or almost as good. I remain fairly confident about 2, though I haven't played any of DF's recent output, but actually less confident of 1. Massive Chalice was a terrible, terrible campaign that screams of lack of ideas, and it is going to be an albatross for them as they try and finish Broken Age. (How will they do pricing? If the original was meant to be, say, $30, do they now charge 15&15? 20&20? 30&30?)

Better than the speech from Independence Day.

Keith Mutha ****ing David delivers the goods yet again.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't played any of DF's recent output

Costume Quest was a lot of fun but very very short.

The Cave was shorter, lacking in fun, lacking in writing but did have some not-very-good-bordering-on-the-bad gameplay and tried to get players to replay it multiple times without truly offering anything through those replays other than getting tired of the narrator's voice.

The unskippable intro narration convinced me to uninstal when I realized that even though I could try to play it again, I could not listen to that again.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Oh gawd, Kinzie is romancable.

Possible first day buy.

I'm hoping for a possible Oleg love scene.  Tastefully done, of course.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Or both Shaundis.

Lol at the voiceover.  How many times were they going to go for "day" in that opening sentence?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Strange that you feel companies like Bioware rip us off, don't deliver on the final product and you say you won't support them. But you are fine paying for a game that may not be finished and has now become apparent that the development company doesn't know how to manage a basic balance sheet?

At least with Bioware gives us something we can play, yay for the big publisher business model :p

You're the strange one. Supporting (interesting) ideas with money has always been here. It will never go away.

And hope is a much better emotion than despair. I still have hope that DFA will be okay since the documentary episodes have been a nice experience. But whenever i think of recent Bioware products all i feel is despair. So why should i hurt myself ?

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I bet you can get Sasha Grey too, right?

Added to my preorder list.

Is Viola even confirmed?
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Man, if what I'm reading on other forums, Laura Bailey is the only returning female voice for SRIV. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Man, if what I'm reading on other forums, Laura Bailey is the only returning female voice for SRIV. :(

I know, I'm bummed that it seems the Russian female voice isn't coming back, unless they're getting someone other than Tara Platt to do it.  The prospect of a female American President with a thick Russian accent had me feeling all sorts of tingly inside.  The "Southern Belle" voice better be a super over the top southern drawl to make up for it.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I know, I'm bummed that it seems the Russian female voice isn't coming back, unless they're getting someone other than Tara Platt to do it.  The prospect of a female American President with a thick Russian accent had me feeling all sorts of tingly inside.  The "Southern Belle" voice better be a super over the top southern drawl to make up for it.

I used the Latina voice for my primary character in SR2 and 3, so it'll be a big difference without that voice for me. (I'll probably just assume that she was chopped in the throat in a fight and her accent changed or something that fits the setting :))

So far the information (no clue on accuracy, but it seems to be fairly accepted knowledge on the SRIV forums) is that the third voice is French (giving us Normal (Bailey), French and Southern Belle).

Edited by Amentep

I hope they bring back the President Skroob greeting:

PresidentSkroobGreeting.gif

Edit:  Also, I hope they have better tattoos, like in SR2.  The selection and quality of tattoos really dropped off between SR2 and SR3.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well there appears to be 100+ hairstyles and some returning SR2 cars.  Wouldn't be surprised to see more tats.

Outter/inner clothes (separate shirt and coat) seems to still be out, though.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125596-Ubisoft-Reveals-Online-Security-Breach

Someone has hacked into Ubisoft. They might have your user name/email address and encrypted password.

Oh **** you Ubisoft. I have a sufficiently long password, if Ubisoft properly salted and hashed the passwords then I shouldn't need to change it.

Then I think you should read this and hope that Ubi is not one of the lazy companies, which still uses MD5, SHA1 or similar simple fast hashing algorhytms...

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/05/how-crackers-make-minced-meat-out-of-your-passwords/

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It seems that Chris Priestly is leaving BioWare

@BioEvilChris leaving Bioware. I wish this was April's Fools Day. :(

Alan, can you tell us is this true or fake? Judging that Chris himself answered at that twit it looks like it's true after all but better be sure.

Lateral move within EA?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif