RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

I see they definitely got you enchanted.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

There must be some divine justice that must strike EA, like with downfall of Baldur's Gate: Enchanted Edition and Trent Oscar's demise.

???  Are you referring to Atari's legal issues?  Maybe the rest of EA is licking their chops (skeptical) though the only thing you'll hear from BioWare staffers is "Man that sucks."

If you're implying that EA is somehow responsible, however, you'd be incorrect.

There must be some divine justice that must strike EA, like with downfall of Baldur's Gate: Enchanted Edition and Trent Oscar's demise.

???  Are you referring to Atari's legal issues?  Maybe the rest of EA is licking their chops (skeptical) though the only thing you'll hear from BioWare staffers is "Man that sucks."

If you're implying that EA is somehow responsible, however, you'd be incorrect.

Suspect is has to do with the Darkspore fiasco, which genuinely does stink. It also has implications, real or perceived, on other games with artificial online-only requirements in terms of how much the empty promises of "we'll patch the requirement out if we shut down the servers" is worth.

EDIT: But then I'm more reading that the quoted statement means "may EA be struck down just as BGEE was struck down, rightfully", as opposed to a lament about its disappearance.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think the fundamental question must be asked: if a bad game stops working should you feel sorry for a purchaser from the point at which they bought the game or the point at which it stopped working? Indeed, is the lack of working actually a net positive as it will prevent anyone accidentally replaying it?

Hmm. This needs some pondering.

It wasn't all that bad. I got my money's worth out of it fun wise. Far more than I did out of some of the games others here would deem "good" games ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well if they marketed it as an online game, like Blizzard did with Diablo 3, then I'm not all that shocked by it.  We all know when we buy an MMO that eventually it may not be playable.  

But I don't remember much about Darkspore, so it's hard for me to judge.  You would think EA could spare a programmer to fix the gamebreaking bug though, it isn't that old of a game.  Apparently you can get some sort of refund from EA customer support.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA - Beamdog and Overhaul Games proudly announce their newest side-company, Overhaul Art. The team is eager to bring the world enhanced editions of classic art pieces from all periods up to and including modern art.

Their first release, Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition strives to modernize this classic art piece and bring it up to date with modern standards. In order to do so, Oster and team have devised a state-of-the-art computer algorithm to systematically enhance each art piece. Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition is just the first of many classic art pieces the team plans to bring you over the years to come.

Overhaul Art is eager to bring these classic art pieces back to life on your mobile devices, too. Owners of Apple's iPad™ or any Android™ device will be thrilled to know that Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition will be available for their platforms with a simutaneous release, barring any legal troubles that cause this to take months and months of delays to actually happen.

Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition for PC, Mac OSX, iOS and Android is available exclusively through Beamdog and is priced at $19.99.

Visit www.monalisa.com and www.overhaulart.com for more information.

We already know how things will turn out

aZMuiRx.jpg_62447895_frescopic.gif

Edited by LadyCrimson
Post edited. Biting satire is one thing, but let's not toss out unproven accusations against other developers here, k?
  • Like 3

MzpydUh.gif

EDMONTON, ALBERTA - Beamdog and Overhaul Games proudly announce their newest side-company, Overhaul Art. The team is eager to bring the world enhanced editions of classic art pieces from all periods up to and including modern art.

Their first release, Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition strives to modernize this classic art piece and bring it up to date with modern standards. In order to do so, Oster and team have devised a state-of-the-art computer algorithm to systematically enhance each art piece. Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition is just the first of many classic art pieces the team plans to bring you over the years to come.

Overhaul Art is eager to bring these classic art pieces back to life on your mobile devices, too. Owners of Apple's iPad™ or any Android™ device will be thrilled to know that Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition will be available for their platforms with a simutaneous release, barring any legal troubles that cause this to take months and months of delays to actually happen.

Mona Lisa: Enhanced Edition for PC, Mac OSX, iOS and Android is available exclusively through Beamdog and is priced at $19.99.

Visit www.monalisa.com and www.overhaulart.com for more information.

We already know how things will turn out

aZMuiRx.jpg_62447895_frescopic.gif

Original:

leonardo-da-vinci-saint-jean-baptiste_i-

Enhanced:

MBbKlQx.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Don Mattrick is stepping down; going to be the CEO of Zynga?

Also, while he was on vacation, he went from the Titanic to the Edmund Fitzgerald.

EDIT: Even if this turns out not to be true; it just seems too much like it would be. Kinda like Rob Ford and the crack video. (Although I still believe that's true.)

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Darkspore working again: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-01-has-ea-abandoned-darkspore

I think it's really machiavellian of EA to fix the game so that new ways of blaming them for all the evil in the world have to be invented. I mean, do I have to go back to whining about them not patching Brutal Legend for PS3 now?

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Let's not kid ourselves, if the press didn't get a hold of it, it would have never been fixed.

In the press release, CCP CEO Hilmar Veigar Pétursson stated, “The next few years will be the most important in the company’s history, as we build on the launch of DUST 514, expand EVE Online, continue development of World of Darkness, and kick start our efforts in mobile gaming.”

MzpydUh.gif

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125596-Ubisoft-Reveals-Online-Security-Breach

Someone has hacked into Ubisoft. They might have your user name/email address and encrypted password.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Let's not kid ourselves, if the press didn't get a hold of it, it would have never been fixed.

And how exactly they wouldn't have gotten a hold of something as retarded as that?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125596-Ubisoft-Reveals-Online-Security-Breach

Someone has hacked into Ubisoft. They might have your user name/email address and encrypted password.

Then at least someone knows my password. I sure don't.

• Like 9

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

ubisoft made me create some kind of login something or other to play far cry 3.  after i uninstalled far cry 3 i stopped caring whatever happened to that login info

let it rot

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

And how exactly they wouldn't have gotten a hold of something as retarded as that?

We are talking about gaming journalism here? 

I remember the years before Ubisoft. French games weren't often very good but they were certainly different than those from other countries. Now they've got Ubi, which is EA with a funny moustache wearing a mime outfit, and much like EA the thing they do most often is show their customers the finger.

Darkspore working again: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-01-has-ea-abandoned-darkspore

I think it's really machiavellian of EA to fix the game so that new ways of blaming them for all the evil in the world have to be invented. I mean, do I have to go back to whining about them not patching Brutal Legend for PS3 now?

Always nice to somehow miss things like that, well if it was with their client, anyway. Edgy though!

Also a delight when Ubisoft gets egg on its face.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra