What you did today

Tale

End of old thread.

What do you guys without cars do when winter sets in? Walk through snow to the bus stop and stand there freezing until the bus shows up?

That reminds me of a skiing trip I went on. Rode with family so didn't have a car of my own. Went walking one day to get lunch and passed by a bus stop that was completely covered in snow. Ground to roof. You couldn't actually get in the bus stop.

I am so tired today. I think I need more coffee. I can't even post in threads correctly.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What do you guys without cars do when winter sets in? Walk through snow to the bus stop and stand there freezing until the bus shows up?

Yup, that's why I have a good coat, boots and walk around while waiting. Granted, we have wussy winters in this city.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That reminds me of a skiing trip I went on. Rode with family so didn't have a car of my own. Went walking one day to get lunch and passed by a bus stop that was completely covered in snow. Ground to roof. You couldn't actually get in the bus stop.

Lol, thats exactly the mental image I get when I think of the Scandinavian countries:

Meanwhile_in_Finland_Meanwhile_in_Finland-s800x600-46576-580.jpg

Someone ought to archive these threads onto clay tablets and take 'em up to a cave somewhere in the Himalayas.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Popped along some research for work related efforts.. juggled the attention seeking dogs.

Hm, and the joys of my sister. Trying to find out if she was eating with the family..

Her: "What?! I've a had a bleepy day at work , okay."

Me: "Right, so you're taking that out on the rest of the family?"

Her: "I was planning on ignoring you all, but you wanted to talk to me, so deal with it."

:lol:

Oh the joys.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, she's right, serves you right for talking to her. :lol: Reminds me, we're a bit overdue for a blow up in my family. Is rather interesting how one behaves when in a blind rage, heh.

Day is just flying by when I'd rather it slow the heck down. On the bright side, found out 50% of a quarter of my assignment was done already by another dev, huzzah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm looking for a way to cancel my cable TV subscription, but my wife is impeding me. I can get most shows through Netflix or Hulu Plus, but the tow networks she wants is Bravo and Lifetime. I can't figure out a way to stream those. Such a hassle, it's like $70 a month for nothing.

I'm looking for a way to cancel my cable TV subscription, but my wife is impeding me. I can get most shows through Netflix or Hulu Plus, but the tow networks she wants is Bravo and Lifetime. I can't figure out a way to stream those. Such a hassle, it's like $70 a month for nothing.

I hate the price, but I still love having cable TV there when I want it, even if I don't watch a lot of TV. Hubs is actually the one who watches lots of TV, heh. Netflix/Hulu is mostly for watching now & then on my computer, not the big screen TV (I've gotten used to it, but hubs still doesn't like Netflix/internet quality either). I would like something other than Comcast tho, with their crappy HD selection. AT&T fiber optic maybe. I keep forgetting to check into that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, that's what I need to look into. ATT says they have it in the area now, and they'd come and install the stuff in your house, but I'm not sure/convinced yet if what they'd be connecting to outside of the house is actually fiber optic, if you know what I mean.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How's this for ****ed up? I just sat down and put a glass of wine on a coaster at my computer. Being basically a lush and philistine, I drink my wine out of a ballantine's glass instead of a wine glass. So, I sit down to drink what amounts to two glasses of wine and the coaster must have had some water on it because the next thing I know the whole ****ing thing is falling on my leg and my favorite wine drinking glass is broken on the floor. Bull****. And I haven't even had any wine yet. Screw this, I'm switching to whiskey for tonight.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh, I don't know. Some of the wine I buy is not exactly top of the line. I did read about your bike earlier and I say, next time put a lojac on the thing and hunt the thieving bastards down.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ordered the wife a new laptop for TOR and her graphics and web site design software but mostly for TOR.

Today is a half day at work and then off til Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving all

That's funny, I did the same thing for my wife. Little bit of a pricey Christmas present, but it will be fun to have a gaming partner again.

Ordered the wife a new laptop for TOR and her graphics and web site design software but mostly for TOR.

Today is a half day at work and then off til Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving all

From what I just watched of a TOR cutscene in another thread, it looks lesser than WoW graphics wise.

This is also my last day until next Tuesday. w00t.

Spilled drinks is the best you lot can do. I'll say it again MY BIKE WAS STOLEN. you could buy half a wine cellar with what it cost. Well, probably not.

That does suck somewhat. Was it decently insured? It might not be the same as getting the old one back and it doesn't give the satisfaction of kicking a bike thief in the balls, but if you at least get all/most of your investment back, it is easier to move on.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Off to London today. I had forgotten what a collossal stew of domestic eedjits and loud foreigners it is. Pondered when someone is being an a-hole and when they're just differentially encultured.

No food until I got home at 9 PM. Had krombach beer for the first time. Very good.

Now doing that thing where you know you should go to bed, but keep checking the internet in case the meaning of life has been posted, or there's a zombie incursion in progress.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey, buddy, stop by the British Museum and borrow the Elgin marbles for me? I'll be by in a bit to pick them up, assuming you get them out okay. :cant's **** eating grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

Hey, buddy, stop by the British Museum and borrow the Elgin marbles for me? I'll be by in a bit to pick them up, assuming you get them out okay. :cant's **** eating grin icon:

Sorry, my verb thingies are all bunched up. Too much beer on an empty stomach.

I _was_ in London today. Not going.

Re marbles, suggest you just do as Lord Elgin did, and walk off with them. Come to think of it it just shows how blisteringly lazy the Greeks are that they didn't think of that. There must be some legal term probably written in greek which describes this process.

-Elwood Blues

Spent the entire day trying to shell script, when I have no idea how to do that. Bleh for ugly and pathetic code, it works though. Maybe. I guess that's another weekend project to do, means I get to hang out in the office on Saturday, hah.

Sorry, my verb thingies are all bunched up. Too much beer on an empty stomach.

I _was_ in London today. Not going.

Re marbles, suggest you just do as Lord Elgin did, and walk off with them. Come to think of it it just shows how blisteringly lazy the Greeks are that they didn't think of that. There must be some legal term probably written in greek which describes this process.

??????????... when a people completely lose their marbles.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

hehehe that was funny. You're a real citizen of Athens, my friend. I'm a registered Res publica n myself. lol

We're such a goofy bunch.

Obsidian Plays

Woke up this morning with that odd mix of laying so comfortably I really didn't want to get up.. but with that annoying pokey headache just lurking on the edges which wouldn't actually let me settle back properly.

Then we got the phone call from family about one of my cousins just died. Looks like meningitis. She went through her graduation ceremony the other week, then this week gets rushed into hospital, and suddenly slips into a coma and then brain death with no-one at the hospital realising just what it was she had. Apparently they just thought she had some generic virus right up until she hit the coma.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."