Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mina Tang...

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Nikolai

Nikolai

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

You can easily get past the guards. They seem to respond best Suave responses, but all three gets them to let you pass.

Not true. I've failed with aggressive and professional. They call Surkhov to confirm your appointment and he doesn't like what he sees... Veteran works. It may be related to your relationship with Grigori and the report he passes along to Surkhov and the embassy.

jokerwoker

jokerwoker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts

You can easily get past the guards. They seem to respond best Suave responses, but all three gets them to let you pass.

Not true. I've failed with aggressive and professional. They call Surkhov to confirm your appointment and he doesn't like what he sees... Veteran works. It may be related to your relationship with Grigori and the report he passes along to Surkhov and the embassy.

Actually, I never failed with aggressive or professional. it must be the hardcore marines you are talkiing about, not the soft guards.

Alpha

Alpha

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Bad Instincts
Professional all the way to past the guards without problems.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 10158 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
The guards are easier to get past, the marines are much harder.... as it should be. :)

jokerwoker

jokerwoker

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
Technically, the guards ARE marines, as someone else said before, they have apatch one of the arms that said "Marines" or smething to that effect.

That being said, it seems like these guards aren't used any issues, unlike the real and fit soldiers.

SAMS

SAMS

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
Mina Tang? I loathe her. Get her up to totally enormed with Mike, then put a bullet in her head. I prefer a missile, but a bullet will do.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2679 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Technically, the guards ARE marines, as someone else said before, they have apatch one of the arms that said "Marines" or smething to that effect.

That being said, it seems like these guards aren't used any issues, unlike the real and fit soldiers.

This is accurate-- the State Department has a standing agreement with the USMC whereby the latter provides security at major U.S. Embassies. There are about a battalion's worth of Marines on duty at 148 diplomatic posts around the world. Wiki link.

edgarcuk

edgarcuk

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:cassiel2009
Getting back to topic, I found Mina Tang the most manipulative character... of course she come clean at the end, after she's got what she wanted: make you rogue, helping you in missions, and so on... in terms of honestly, I like Marburg ( egocentric but honest about being professional, egocentric, taking advantage), Parker ( a bastard, but a honest one, cutting down the BS and telling you the reason you are doing it) and SIE ( all violence and rapping but honest about that) ... I "trusted" her and I saved her because of the points... the only thing that annoys me is to leave with her on the boat, I would prefer Scarlet or SIE... oh yes! finishing like any old Bond film, :)

Nikolai

Nikolai

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
Points to Alpha Protocol for having an Asian important character who was only a little bit of a racial stereotype.

As for her personality... I knew something was up with her from the way the Kill Shaheed mission ended. But I ended up liking her because she seemed like she stuck to her principles--do good for America, kill as few people as possible, don't make a scene.

Estelindis

Estelindis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
You can count me in as a big Mina fan. ;( She's intelligent, level-headed, and professional - but not in the least bit obnoxious about it (unlike some "strong" female characters, whose writers seem to assume strong = bitch). Finding out her secret fact cinched things for me - and for my professional and patriotic Mike. :lol:

Edited by Estelindis, 14 July 2010 - 04:53 PM.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2157 posts
How is she responsible for you going rogue? After AP tried to kill you, you had no other choice, right? It's not like you could just go on working for them.

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1555 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think the problem is that she manipulated you. She didn't save Michael out of the goodness of her heart, she wanted him to put Alpha Protocol and Halbech down. She played her cards so that Michael will stay in contact with her and work toward this goal.

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2157 posts
But she couldn't do it if Michael's goals weren't the same, it's not like she tricked you in any way. And there's no indication she wouldn't have saved you regardless, after all she hates it when you kill civilians (even whores on a gangster ship, what's up with that?)

Thorton_AP

Thorton_AP

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1142 posts
A woman getting upset at you killing whores does not at all strike me as out of place. Especially someone as intelligent as Mina.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users