What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

New thread here ... so, what are you playing now?

Replaying Far Cry 2, I instantly remembered that stealth in this game is no joke.

It's broken more like. I mean, it works and you can hide in the environment and such, but... Get silenced guns for killing people silently, 'cause machete won't cut it without people you're murderizing yelling before death. AI doesn't see through bushes, luckily. Some missions are manageable via stealth alone. Most... Aren't.

Replaying Far Cry 2, I instantly remembered that stealth in this game is no joke.

It's broken more like. I mean, it works and you can hide in the environment and such, but... Get silenced guns for killing people silently, 'cause machete won't cut it without people you're murderizing yelling before death. AI doesn't see through bushes, luckily. Some missions are manageable via stealth alone. Most... Aren't.

Fortune favors the bald.

I, too, reinstalled Far Cry 2. The intro is not that bad actually. Played for an hour or so and now I remember why I never finished it. Corridor-map, outposts everywhere, plenty boring fetch quest, etc.... No thanks.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, that's why I'm not going to reinstall Far Cry 2- insta respawn enemies in fog of war went the way of the dodo for a reason; unless your combat is fantastic and you don't have to retrace steps it's exceptionally annoying. I liked the original a lot more in the relatively short time I played it, but it's the only game I've tried that has been insurmountably unstable on this computer.

As for people making noises when machetes killed them the devs really ought to have consulted with Sir Christopher Lee on the matter since he was a bit of an expert on stealth kills with bladed weapons.

Edited by Zoraptor

Still grinding through Caesar 3. City is choking on pottery, is an export so am using that as my jobs program.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Went back to For The King after being disappointed in the time limiting "chaos" system of the beta version. It still has the annoying mechanics but at least side questing, rewards and defeating enemies can actively decrease chaos and prevent it from happening (if the world is at 0 chaos and you get -2 chaos from something the next two chaos-ups on the timeline disappear).

On the flipside the more interesting character classes are now locked behind a progression mechanic. Ah, well...

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I, too, reinstalled Far Cry 2. The intro is not that bad actually. Played for an hour or so and now I remember why I never finished it. Corridor-map, outposts everywhere, plenty boring fetch quest, etc.... No thanks.

So, despite being able to shoot individual branches, set things on fire and fire a rocket into the sky that comes down again, it still wasn't fun to play?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Getting ready to dive back into Tyranny. 

Been reading RPG core rulebooks. These, except for SW, are the top science fiction selection of RPG.net: Mindjammer, Starblazer Adventures, Burning Empires, Fading Suns, Traveller, Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, and Jovian Chronicles. Fishing for the right system, married to a good setting. For one reason or another, came full circle - meaning, back to the Fading Suns.

Short version for the decisions:

Mindjammer - Good system, too transhuman and abstract a setting for the kind of audience I could gather for the games. I was impressed but not captivated.

Starblazer Adventures - same (good) system, decent pulpy space opera setting. However, the game is a massive, exceptionally well done toolkit, and I am looking for something with a more focused vision.

Traveller - Interesting rules that are well made, but too complex for both me and my friends. Same 'toolkit' approach.

Burning Empires - Unplayable. Requires extremely dedicated players and tremendous preparation/study time. I thought Burning Wheel was borderline unplayable but Empires is worse by an entire order of magnitude. Great art. Good premise (however, the entirety of the BE setting fits into the Humans-Symbiots conflict that is just one part of the Fading Suns and can be played out there much easier)

Jovian Chronicles - Good, anime-mecha setting, but the system is overwhelmingly tailored for combat and essentially miniatures wargaming, (huge vehicle rules) rather than role-play. 

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire - I didn't give this game as thorough an overview, the demand to buy custom dice and a general approach to Star Wars as a compromise (because I have people who could be enthused, rather than something I want to play) drove me away.

Fading Suns brings together: familiarity of fantasy (for players), novelties of sci-fi but not 'hard' sci-fi (for me), plausibility for just about anything in terms of scenarios (formerly disintegrated empire connected by jump gates no one fully understands allows for any random planet I can think of + multiple canon antagonists allow for just about any conflict), and exceptional supplements. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I FINALLY got the drop I needed in Monster Hunter World to upgrade my Devil's Due hammer to a Devil's Crush hammer, which is currently the highest physical damage hammer in the game, possibly the highest physical damage weapon period, since hammers have the highest physical attack stats, if I'm not mistaken.  I mainly needed 2 scalps and 1 gem from Deviljho to upgrade this hammer (there are other components, but they're all fairly common drops).  The gem is the rarest of the drops, but I got that and one of the scalps relatively early on; it then took me forever to get that second scalp.  I must have killed at least a dozen Deviljhos (scalp is a carve only drop, you can't get it as a reward, so you have to kill the monster, you can't capture it) before I got that second scalp.  Anyway, I now have that badass hammer to use.  Ultimately, there are hammers in the game that are overall better, namely Xeno Maph'agarna with much lower physical attack power but 2 tier 3 decoration slots, whereas Devil's Crush has no decoration slots, but I'm still just getting tier 1 decorations, so the slots mean little right now.  Eventually, though...

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good job

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Dumb companion AI strikes again.

Playing more Far Cry 5, I intentionally brought along a recruit who carries a rocket launcher so I'd have someone to handle a]groups of enemies from long range and b]to take out aircraft.  Pretty good plan, right?  Well, sure, if the recruit would actually frigging shoot!  I'll use the manual command to pick out a target (truck full of enemies, airplane, helicopter), she'll acknowledge the command ... then proceed to just stand there.

So annoying.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

A jeep was trying to tail me in Far Cry 2 and it suddenly hit a gas tank in an outpost: BOOM! 

Having a whole lot of fun with this game since my rig can run it at max settings. The first time I played this game was on the PS3 and it didn't look as pretty as the PC version.

Oh well, 

AyWfkHI.jpg

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It's definitely nice when you get to play a game on PS3, even though the games were 720i, it feels like the games are so compressed that it's upscaled or something. Add to that, the framerate issue on PS3 and you walk away with a stripped experience.

This happened to me with Dragon's Dogma, I originally had it on PS3 but owning it on pc is so rewarding and liberating. My eyes don't hurt and the color pallette actually opens up to make the game breathe a bit.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

My younger brother is buying himself a PS4 slim today. He lives in Sweden so it will be nice to co-op with him every once in a while since I live in Iran/Tehran. I asked him to buy Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and The Division. Both games are dirt cheap by now and I finally have someone to play The Division with. I wanted to try out Far Cry 5 but I heard that co-op in that game is not the best.

I might buy Far Cry 5

though, hopefully when I buy a new TV next month.

I am too old to rebel against games, I'll just go with the flow I guess.  :mellow:

This happened to me with Dragon's Dogma, I originally had it on PS3 but owning it on pc is so rewarding and liberating. My eyes don't hurt and the color pallette actually opens up to make the game breathe a bit.

Hm. Come to think of it, my eyes no longer feel so worn out/bleary since playing XV on PC. At first the graphic improvement over Pro didn't seem "all that" but once I gave up on 60fps and put it on 4k it's been awesome. Every time I try to go back to the Pro to do something (on the same 4K tv) it looks so ... blurry. :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I officially hate all the driving missions in Far Cry 5.  The driving mechanics are just idiotic.  I don't know if they did it to make those parts challenging, but whatever the reason for the design choice, it's arguably the worst driving mechanics in any game I've played.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I really felt like vehicles handled progressively worse since Far Cry 2 onwards - and they already handled pretty poorly in Far Cry 2 so that's an achievement in and of itself. I'm yet to play 5, but apparently, the trend continues.

I officially hate all the driving missions in Far Cry 5.  The driving mechanics are just idiotic.  I don't know if they did it to make those parts challenging, but whatever the reason for the design choice, it's arguably the worst driving mechanics in any game I've played.

Fly a plane instead!

https://i.imgur.com/Eqg1qP7.gifv

Best flying physics ever!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I officially hate all the driving missions in Far Cry 5. The driving mechanics are just idiotic. I don't know if they did it to make those parts challenging, but whatever the reason for the design choice, it's arguably the worst driving mechanics in any game I've played.

Fly a plane instead!

Looks like they based the physics off of rc planes instead of actual planes. The difference of impending weight variables says the plane would stop drag about 25 feet after impact.

After a long while, I have finished another game. Blind walkthrough of Tales of the Abyss. To be honest, I was overwhelmed by the amount of the text, which was thrown at me, even for jRPG standards. In the end, I still have enjoyed the game, and spent almost 80 hours while playing it (3 months of real time due to crazy work schedule). Now I just need to think what to play next. I will probably continue with Hard West or Starcrawlers, which I had to put away for few months due to bug introduced by Unity engine to the newest build of the game.

Or maybe, it might be a time, to finally finish Pillars of Eternity, now that all patches are out :p

Edit: Well actually it was 2 and half month :p

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Fly a plane instead!

That's competent flying compared to how I look when I'm driving around in a car/jeep.  If I have to turn the wheel even a little, you pretty much know I'm going to crash into something.

I am replaying Halo: CE on the Xbox One X and boy has this game aged horribly! Bad controls, bad level design, levels look as if they were made out of cardboard boxes, paper thin story... 

Why was the term 'halo killer' created I wonder.

Edited by Katphood

I am replaying Halo: CE on the Xbox One X and boy has this game aged horribly! Bad controls, bad level design, levels look as if they were made out of cardboard boxes, paper thin story... 

Why was the term 'halo killer' created I wonder.

Halo didn't age horribly, it was always that bad. It's main claim to fame was being one of the first console online multiplayer FPS. Something which I, as a member of the PC master race who has been playing shooters online since Quake, can only sneer at.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.