Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part III

Did a quick check on Critical Role's twitter, only Liam retweet the Tekēhu voice actor tweet. It could mean nothing though.

So I still don't get it. Have those guys done their VO work for POE2 already and we just got this announcement now or is this going to be some kind of super rushed job in a few weeks before release? If it's the latter I have a sudden fear of yet another imminent postponement coming.
Katrina tweeted yesterday that this was a difficult secret to keep. This almost assuredly confirms that the work was completed some time ago but is just now being announced.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Did a quick check on Critical Role's twitter, only Liam retweet the Tekēhu voice actor tweet. It could mean nothing though.

So I still don't get it. Have those guys done their VO work for POE2 already and we just got this announcement now or is this going to be some kind of super rushed job in a few weeks before release? If it's the latter I have a sudden fear of yet another imminent postponement coming.
Katrina tweeted yesterday that this was a difficult secret to keep. This almost assuredly confirms that the work was completed some time ago but is just now being announced.

Ok, that's a relief if true.

I imagine they've done all of their voice work, or have done almost all of them.

We get the announcement right now because it's a marketing strategy.

Edited by jf8350143
  • Like 1

Month before release, now its time to start hyping things up.

Only just starting? :p

Always a problem when the Hype Train runs out of gas before it run out of track :(
  • Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wow, I didn’t even have to give up 2 hours of my Saturday morning to read that. Amazing.

So, they did VO for custom made mercs made at the inn + extra portraits and did a VO for normal companions and other npcs? Recent tweets suggest they did it all, hmm.

My eyes. Cant ...  look ... away ...  from ..  Durance  ahh! who knew what was underneath all those robes

Omae wa mō shinde hi

• Like 3

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Oh man, this is amazing. Their characters were great, having their voices as optional voice sets is just incredible!

And all included in Deadfire. This will lend the game so much more longevity and enjoyment character-wise and henchmen-wise.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

So... is Critical Role the entire VA cast of Deadfire? I honestly can't imagine that to be the case, but so far they seem to be the only confirmed voice actors (if I'm not mistaken).

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

So... is Critical Role the entire VA cast of Deadfire? I honestly can't imagine that to be the case, but so far they seem to be the only confirmed voice actors (if I'm not mistaken).

Of course they are the only ones. At least they are the ones Obsidian advertises with for a time being. When ME2 was advertising with Martin Sheen it didn’t mean he was the only actor there.

For those that aren't aware of Critical Role (and you should probably go back and start watching the archives if you are at all into pen and paper role playing, it's really fun to watch and these guys are all professional voice actors and they do an amazing job with their characters) here are the characters and who plays them (via the new intro that came out towards the end of their first campaign which this press release refers to - their second campaign featuring all new characters just started a few months ago).

And if you want to hear the voices they use (and which will presumably be in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire) you can watch/listen here:

https://youtu.be/_dIBh0dGhzI?t=1h36m12s

And here is the archive, starting with the first episode of Campaign 1, Vox Machina (note these guys were playing DnD for years before they started streaming it, so it doesn't begin with them at level 1 for instance).

https://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/page/11/

• Like 2

I assume not - at least, I think none of the women in Critical Role were in the first Pillars, and Pallegina would likely be voiced by the previous actress, right? And speaking of which, who voiced her in the first game? Jesus, why can't we get the damn cast list shown with their respective roles?! :banghead:

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

For those that aren't aware of Critical Role (and you should probably go back and start watching the archives if you are at all into pen and paper role playing, it's really fun to watch and these guys are all professional voice actors and they do an amazing job with their characters) here are the characters and who plays them (via the new intro that came out towards the end of their first campaign which this press release refers to - their second campaign featuring all new characters just started a few months ago).

And if you want to hear the voices they use (and which will presumably be in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire) you can watch/listen here:

https://youtu.be/_dIBh0dGhzI?t=1h36m12s

And here is the archive, starting with the first episode of Campaign 1, Vox Machina (note these guys were playing DnD for years before they started streaming it, so it doesn't begin with them at level 1 for instance).

https://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/page/11/

Listening to Grogs intro. Jokes on them. Barbarians are nigh geniuses in POE1. Well some are :)

Edited by draego

I assume not - at least, I think none of the women in Critical Role were in the first Pillars, and Pallegina would likely be voiced by the previous actress, right? And speaking of which, who voiced her in the first game? Jesus, why can't we get the damn cast list shown with their respective roles?! :banghead:

Pallegina actress is back, her name is Mela Lee.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

That's some neat detail, I hope Eder and Aloth's starting outfits also reflect their ending.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

Pallegina memein'

Presumably these are her starting outfits in Kind Wayfarer and Five-Suns modes. 

Ok, I'm seeing some angst incoming from that scratched "Kind Wayfarer" plate. I'm guessing Watchers who nudged Pallegina in that direction should prepare for some backlash?

Pallegina memein'

Presumably these are her starting outfits in Kind Wayfarer and Five-Suns modes. 

Ok, I'm seeing some angst incoming from that scratched "Kind Wayfarer" plate. I'm guessing Watchers who nudged Pallegina in that direction should prepare for some backlash?

I didn't nudge her in any direction!

She made her choice!

Also, the scratched out version looks way cooler.

• Like 1