Political Ocean's 11

Amentep

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/925018021005070337: "We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the campaign so as to not send any signal"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-30/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-pleaded-guilty-in-mueller-probe

Perhaps more interesting than the Manafort and Gates arrests, one George Papadopoulos, a foreign policy advisor for Trump, secretly plead guilty earlier this month. He appears to have been flipped by Mueller.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The question though is, "Why were they trying to set up a secret meeting with Putin?". Also, "Who told them to set up a meeting with Putin and the other stuff?" Trump doesn't do email, so, that's going to be harder to connect, but if their apparent incompetence in covering their tracks is indicative of anything, there could very well be an email saying that Trump speciically told them to do so. This is hypothetical of course, such evidence hasn't appeared yet.

• Like 1

The question though is, "Why were they trying to set up a secret meeting with Putin?". Also, "Who told them to set up a meeting with Putin and the other stuff?" Trump doesn't do email, so, that's going to be harder to connect, but if their apparent incompetence in covering their tracks is indicative of anything, there could very well be an email saying that Trump speciically told them to do so. This is hypothetical of course, such evidence hasn't appeared yet.

Personally I dont think Trump knew anything  about the indictments around the criminal activities like money laundering and I also dont think Trump knew many Russians or directly colluded with Putin but key people in his campaign did work with the Russians and thats what I want to know 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Personally I dont think Trump knew anything  about the indictments around the criminal activities like money laundering and I also dont think Trump knew many Russians or directly colluded with Putin but key people in his campaign did work with the Russians and thats what I want to know 

I'll concede that it's entirely possible that he got played by bad actors and/or got played by the Russians, but that doesn't explain his behavior towards Russia, which had been going on for a long time before the campaign.

• Like 1

Speaking of Podesta, his brother Tony Podesta quit the Podesta Group lobbying firm this morning in light of the new information. Take it as you will I guess. http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/357836-dem-lobbyist-podesta-steps-down-amid-mueller-scrutiny Whether it somehow leads to the Clinton corporation and the campaign remains to be seen. No indication that he has started down that trail yet.

Also, it's Manafort.

Manafort was always going to be in trouble as he would always get shanked by post coup Ukraine- for supporting and being paid by Yanukovich- if they could. And they could, since Manafort chose to launder the money and Ukraine could and would hand over their side of the paperwork. After openly supporting Clinton it's not like they had a relationship with Trump to preserve, after all.

Most of the other charges look like fishing expeditions though. I'd bet anything that there are literally thousands of 'unregistered agents of foreign powers' running around Washington, and a fair few of them are in Congress. No way that people aren't getting bungs from Israel and Saudi, though it may be the internal US Israeli lobby doing the bunging in their case.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

“I would tell you that Robert E. Lee was an honorable man,” Kelly told Ingraham. “He was a man that gave up his country to fight for his state, which 150 years ago was more important than country. It was always loyalty to state first back in those days.  Now it’s different today.

OK, I'm with you so far. That is a true statement.

But the lack of an ability to compromise led to the Civil War, and men and women of good faith on both sides made their stand where their conscience had them make their stand.”

OK, now he needs to read a history book. South Carolina seceded in December of 1860. James Buchanan was still President then. But they did it because they expected Lincoln to come in and end slavery. Not because he (or Congress more accurately  already had). By April when Fort Sumter actually was attacked (and the war officially began) nothing had changed regarding slavery or the seceded states by the Lincoln Administration or the 36th Congress. So the war was started by the south over something that had not even happened. So it's disingenuous to say the war was over a lack of compromise. There had been many compromises leading up to the secession.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Never mind. Here I go on a tangent off topic again.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

another one, boo hoo, its daily basis in EU, noone just talk about it anymore. 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The only problem I see is an overreaction from the Trump administration. I wouldn’t be a fan of systematic oppression of muslims for being unamerican.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Hah, it looks like people accepted that terrorist attacks are mundane daily occurrence - no one on the forum made any comment on this yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/york-city-officers-responding-reports-shots-fired-lower-194603578--abc-news-topstories.html

Not sure that indicates much of people getting used to it, don't overstate this forum's role in people lives, heh. Surprised he lived, given the NYPD shooting. Then again maybe they missed a lot like the Empire State Building shooting :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The only problem I see is an overreaction from the Trump administration. I wouldn’t be a fan of systematic oppression of muslims for being unamerican.

I doubt that will happen. It did after 9-11 a little bit but there was back lash from it. Most folks are pretty decent people. The problem is the media focuses on the 100 people who show up for "White Lives Matter" and it makes things sound much worse than they are.

Thomas Sowell

Extreme vetting will eventually ask if you play terrorist in CS.

Hah, it looks like people accepted that terrorist attacks are mundane daily occurrence - no one on the forum made any comment on this yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/york-city-officers-responding-reports-shots-fired-lower-194603578--abc-news-topstories.html

Not sure that indicates much of people getting used to it, don't overstate this forum's role in people lives, heh. Surprised he lived, given the NYPD shooting. Then again maybe they missed a lot like the Empire State Building shooting :lol:

Shot in the stomach, so he'll probably go through a lot of pain. Seems better than dying while looking forward to some virgins, IMO.

"The only problem I see is an overreaction from the Trump administration. I wouldn’t be a fan of systematic oppression of muslims for being unamerican.          "

An extremist muslim goes on a rampage and... you worry about other muslims being targeted by Amerikans not the fact that another extremist Muslim might follow suit...

I'll say what I always say. No matter the excuse, punks like this are pure trash.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"another one, boo hoo, its daily basis in EU, noone just talk about it anymore."

okay can you point out the terrorist attacks in EU the past week?

There's a civil war on in parts of Sweden, all of France and if the Freedom Party is to be believed in Vienna as well. Hordes of invaders gathering in something akin to the Purging. Movies made reality. :yes:

Not sure but I think Finland's winning at the moment. Damn snow is too much for the towelheads.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.