What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Replaying Transistor... I'll never understand why people want a sequel to Bastion and Transistor. While I'm a huge fan of these games and the characters/worlds they brought about, a sequel would make zero sense. I would however like to see Red and The Kid in a 2D crossover fighting game like the one on Kickstarter which features different characters from different games.

I use to find myself favoring Bastion more, but of you asked me now, I'd say Transistor delights me more. Of course Pyre was off the wall strange but a gud'n as well but Transistor seems the most focused of Super Giant's games.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Thoughts on XCOM War of the Chosen:

It is more fun than the vanilla experience. The Lost are well made and give the proper zombie horde feel. Integrating the Ruler aliens as guards for alien facilities was a good idea. Covert ops allow you to further train and specialize your soldiers, and to help prepare rookies for combat missions.

The story feels as if they ran out of budget after the introduction mission. You are only introduced to two of the three factions, and the whole thing was just screaming for more. On top of that, it seems almost impossible to recruit additional soldiers from the factions.

The Chosen get a couple of cut scenes, but overall they too feel lacking story wise. They can add some danger to missions, and keep your on your toes, but mostly what they do is force the player to ignore the rest of the campaign and deal with them. As a result it is very easy to completely ignore the actual story and just kill the bosses, and kinda play the game in reverse: beat the boss encounters at the beginning, then kill time waiting for the game to end.

I think it is the main issue of the expansion: they wanted to give existing players the ability to experience all the cool new stuff without having to spend hours redoing the old, but that way they messed with the campaign and story pacing, throwing it into disarray.

Enemy Within was to me a better integrated experience.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Playing Railroad Tycoon 3. Got a chuckle out of a mission where I have to unify the country of Africa. That scenario is pretty hard too.

Anyone try Railroads?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I keep coming back to Path of Exile. I play HC, die, get off it for two weeks and then my stupid brain thinks, "I was probably sloppy and that's why I died". Two days later I die again and the cycle repeats.

It's a good game though!

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

After going back to XCOM: Enemy Within to check whether I'm just looking at it with rose-tinted glasses when comparing it to XCOM 2 favorably while not really enyjoing XCOM 2 proper, I'm suddenly good 12 hours into the game and enjoying the hell out of it. So... Idunno. I'll try to give XCOM 2 a shot again after finishing the original again, treating as a direct continuation of the original's difficulty? Except I don't really remember XCOM's ending being particularly difficult (just rather bull****ty)

Dex.

It's lik a Strugatsky novel...

But not as boring of course.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Still having a great time with West of Loathing.  The character system and combat are both fairly simplistic, but they allow for a decent variety of different strategies and you can't just do every battle the same way.  Basically, you have 6 stats: Muscle, Mysticality, Moxie, Grit, Gumption, and Glamour.  The 3 M stats determine damage, both given and taken.  Muscle is for melee, Mysticality is for magic, and Moxie is for guns.  You compare the attacker's stats versus the defender's stats.  If the attacker's pertinent stat is higher then the damage is increased from the weapon's base damage.  If the attacker's stat is lower then the damage is reduced.  Nice and simple, but it ensures that you don't want to neglect the other 2 M stats that you don't usually use to attack, lest you take a ton of damage from enemies using those stats to attack you.  There are also a bunch of (humorous) spells and special abilities to spice combat up, plus items to use.  Also, your choice of companion is going to affect how combat plays out.  The game also has a lot of different ways outside of combat to deal with enemies, utilizing a variety of skills you can pick up during your travels.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried softcore harbringer league Path of Exile, combining with Overwatch, Hearthstone... waiting for D:OS II

In Pillars of Eternity my wizard is ready for Deadfire, almost 70% done with my second character for Deadfire - max endurance (durance to the pool)  Evil Dwarf Barbarian

:fdevil:

Edited by Nail

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Playing through the story again in Guild Wars 2 with my new Mesmer of Elonian descent (since the expansion has us returning to Elona).

Still one of only two MMOs where I actually enjoy just hiking around the world just because (the other one being EverQuest 2) and the only one where you can return to old areas and find stuff you haven't seen before even though said stuff has been present since the game's release...

I do hope they push the dynamic events more to the forefront again with the next expansion as they've really not done much in that vein outside of core Tyria (the Living World/Heart of Thorns events are much more structured and predictable).

Learning humility through playing Simply Chess.  First 8 levels were easy.  9 has kicked my ass, but I'm getting to where I can actually beat it.  When I can do so conistently, then I'll graduate myself through the next 91 levels.  In theory.  Never had much desire to play chess younger and now I fear my mental acumen is diminished.  Still fun.

• Like 1

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Trying to decide whether I should refund Blood Bowl 2 or not.

The pro: it is Blood Bowl

The con: The AI in the one match I tried was worse than terrible. The skaven players would run back and forth, swapping positions for the same end result of marking my players, but having forced the AI to make dice rolls that could have failed:

Example 1: Skaven Player A is marking Dark Elf Player A, while Skaven B is marking Dark Elf B. Skaven A didges away from Dark Elf A, rolling a dice and aiming for a 2+. Easy, but still a 1 in 6 chance of getting tackled and ending the turn. Skaven A, B and C now surround Dark Elf B. Instead of trying to hit my player with all the assists the AI brought in, Skaven B now dodges away from Dark Elf B, again on a 2+ and takes up the spot Skaven A had occupied next to Dark Elf A.

Example 2: I kick the ball and it lands next to the Skaven Thrower. A Skaven player with agility 3 will pick up the ball on a roll of 3+. The Thrower has the Sure Hands skill and gets to re-roll that should he fail. Instead of trying to pick up the ball with the Thrower, the AI runs the Thrower away from the ball, and brings another player to the ball to pick it up instead. Mind you, the Thrower also has the Pass skill, meaning he gets a re-roll when passing the ball, making him a fairly good choice of player to pick up the ball after kick off - it is the reason why playbooks have him set up in the back...

The UI is terrible. Or as some people say: There is no UI.

The graphics look nice at first, but the highlight real reveals a hell of a lot of glaring clipping issues.

I'll only play single player, as I play against humans in the tabletop version anyway.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If you are not happy with it, refund for sure. That small amount of money may be just that but it could very well get you another game that you enjoy much more.

• Like 2

Have won a handful of games on level 9 (out of 100 ugh!). I have a couple of stalemates in there also, which bites since both stalemates were the result of my foolishly moving into a position where the enemy king couldn't make a move but wasn't in check. I've never much played chess in the past other than goofing around. Going from 8 to 9 was really steep and I swear it seems like sometimes 9 can suddenly get harder for several games. Crazy human thinking to be sure. Anyhow, if I can get to the point where I win over half of the games on level 9 (child's level) then I'll graduate to 10 (still child's level).

If you are not happy with it, refund for sure. That small amount of money may be just that but it could very well get you another game that you enjoy much more.

Just filed a refund request with support. Maybe if it ever goes dead cheap I'll get it again, but only if it is really cheap.

• Like 1

Low Magic Age - Turn-based tactical (role playing) game. Currently, there is only an arena mode available in its Early Access state. An adventure mode (endless) is planned. I'm reading that a story mode will come in the future, too. You fight different challenges, when they are done, you get to fight a boss type of encounter. Beat that, and a new set of challenges appears. I think I have fought 105 times and died 5 times. You level up your characters, buy stuff from the shop/or get loot after you win an encounter. There aren't enough spells for Wizards/Clerics, but they are probably being worked on. More classes are being worked on. My current party setup is: Wizard(Elementalist), Wizard(Summoner, crowd controller), Barbarian, Cleric/healer/tank, Fighter with a bow, and a rogue/dual wielder. There are still stuff to iron out, but reading about their short term and long term plans, I have hopes that I will spend 50 more hours on top of the 15 hours I have already spent with the game.

The game rules are evolved from the Open Game License (OGL), the set of rules based on the pen-n-paper version of fantasy role-playing games of all time, made by Wizards of the Coast.

Other than that, I am playingreading World End Economica Episode 1. On Console, I am playing Arc the Lad 2.

I will most likely put everything on hold in a couple of days, when Divinity: Original Sin 2 releases.

post-169015-0-28845000-1505263206_thumb.gif

Haha I broke Simply Chess! I feel like I managed to break into Skynet by overflowing the blackjack game! This would have been a stalemate, but apparently the game didn't know how to manage it when both of us had lost everything except one pawn which we both turned into queens. It just gave an error message and stopped altogether. Total comedy.

• Like 4

Got Silver in the Africa scenario in RT3. Got lucky with the economy seeding. Almost cleared the game. Hm nuts then have the expansion.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra