You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

He admitted it

I have no idea what he was trying to do. He just put his Rav4 in reverse at a light and started backing up. I started honking as soon as he started moving but he didn't stop until he made contact. Damage is minor but I dunno what it's going to cost to make it look pretty again yet

Free games updated 3/4/21

He admitted it

I have no idea what he was trying to do. He just put his Rav4 in reverse at a light and started backing up. I started honking as soon as he started moving but he didn't stop until he made contact. Damage is minor but I dunno what it's going to cost to make it look pretty again yet

Had that happen to me at work, some bulgarian started reversing his lorry and drove into my tractor. Thank god for surveillance cams.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Had that happen to me at work, some bulgarian started reversing his lorry and drove into my tractor. Thank god for surveillance cams.

Is "Bulgarian" a slur here of some kind, or..? Just confused as to whether or not we need to give Basil the Second a call here...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Is "Bulgarian" a slur here of some kind, or..? Just confused as to whether or not we need to give Basil the Second a call here...

it's a bit of a stealth complaint against my employer that fires our drivers and then hire a Swedish trucking company that through a series of subcompanies and contracts circumvent our collective agreement(Meaning they get paid alot less).

I have nothing against bulgarians generally speaking, but I do dislike the truckers that come to my work, because I've yet to meet one that is as competent as a Swedish driver.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm generally not into alcohol (the last bottle of rum, for rum & coke shots, I bought 1.5 yrs ago is still 1/2 full...), neither taste/smell (BLARGH) or effects. eg, it's only the first drink or two that I enjoy, rarely, and it never goes father than that. These things are great for people like me:

BBC-Choco.png

...small size, altho at 17% they're very heavy on the alcohol taste (again, BLARGH) but I just pour in a lot of extra cappuccino. Perfect.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone who thinks chickens can't fly has never tried to catch a sufficiently motivated chicken.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Anyone who thinks chickens can't fly has never tried to catch a sufficiently motivated chicken.

the hell did you do to motivate that chicken?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

the hell did you do to motivate that chicken?

:lol:  Trying to clean out the pen... she would NOT leave. And a more disgusting job than that one I could not imagine.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The US Marine Corps is like an old girlfriend from long ago. You had some wild times together. And while it wasn't all good by any means, you remember the good stuff more than the bad. You would never trade the time spent together but you would never go back to her either. But still, when her birthday rolls around you can't help but raise a toast to her.

Hey Shady & Manifested, Happy Birthday my brothers! Here's to you and our old girlfriend.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

I don't know about flying per se, but the backyard neighbors (rather elegant looking) chickens love to hop onto and over our 6 foot fence all the time. They wander back and forth near the fence like they're lost for a while then next time I look out the window, they're gone again. They also hop into the bushy tree near the fence and bounce around its branches. Being a busy city suburb vs. a farm, it's cute yet annoying at the same time. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

WOOO! 3 WEEKS VACATION!!

• Like 4

How does Louie CK do it, he is more or less dodging the whole thing. Kevin Spacey's career is probably over. 

Too quick on the draw: FX just fired him from everything he's on there.

(e): George Takei is next, I guess. Which, in retrospect, actually makes sense, as he's made comments about not always waiting for consent and trying to convince straight men to "try it out" before. Hopefully a whole bunch of other known predators in Hollywood, like Jared Leto, Woody Allen, and Dan Schneider start getting some bad publicity as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

It also helps that what Louis did is probably the mildest out of everything we've heard so far. Kind of crappy and exploitative of your star status, but it's not to the same level as actually assaulting other people/children.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How does Louie CK do it, he is more or less dodging the whole thing. Kevin Spacey's career is probably over. 

I read that CK is in no legal trouble, meaning he can acknowledge the sexual conduct without admitting to statutory sexual misconduct, which had not be committed. So he's allowed to make a baptism by confession that the other's cant. Because they'd be admitting guilt to an indictable crime.

As far as I know, all of CK's conduct was consensual but abused implications of power.