RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Can anybody remind me what was 2016 year of? Oh yeah. Battlefield 1... How could I forget that pinnacle of gamesness!!!

Dark Souls III, XCOM 2, Overwatch, Doom, and Total War: Warhammer come to mind.

The long anticipated Last Guardian and Final Fantasy 15 came out in 2016 too. Personally, I really enjoyed Stellaris, Tyranny, Grim Dawn, Dex, Oxenfree, and the Technomancer.

I wanted to list some of those but I haven't played them yet.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

Can anybody remind me what was 2016 year of? Oh yeah. Battlefield 1... How could I forget that pinnacle of gamesness!!!

Dark Souls III, XCOM 2, Overwatch, Doom, and Total War: Warhammer come to mind.

The long anticipated Last Guardian and Final Fantasy 15 came out in 2016 too. Personally, I really enjoyed Stellaris, Tyranny, Grim Dawn, Dex, Oxenfree, and the Technomancer.

I wanted to list some of those but I haven't played them yet.

If you like point-and-clicks and Stranger Things, definitely give Oxenfree a try.

I will respond to you all about 2016 games later this day or tommorow :-P

Finally at home and unable to fall asleep :-D

Anyway, if you ever wondered, why AAA games cost so much? A nice video sums it up :-P

Unfortunatelly, I am somehow unable to share just the link to video only, so I have to share whole Facebook link to the FB post :-/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154831370818753&id=19374573752

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Uncharted 4 was 2016 too, i've been playing it's mp mode since release. :p And Division was there was well. It shone brightly for a little while and that shouldn't be forgotten. It just had trouble staying around. If it had as much content as right now i bet it would have stayed more memorable.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I don't really think AAA games cost that much. They've stayed fairly competitive in price over the last few decades.

Square Enix needed 5million sold copies of FFXV to break even... That means, it cost at least 300 million to get done...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I don't really think AAA games cost that much. They've stayed fairly competitive in price over the last few decades.

Square Enix needed 5million sold copies of FFXV to break even... That means, it cost at least 300 million to get done...

Ah my bad, I couldn't read your link and thought you meant cost to consumers. I'd definitely agree AAA game budgets are out of hand.

This story is so infuriating.  NOLF and its sequel are a couple amazing games that are just screaming for a remaster so a new generation of gamers could experience their brilliance.  Alas, we will likely never get said remaster, despite people out there willing to do the work.  I don't normally condone illegal means of obtaining games (or any other media, for that matter), but it is virtually impossible to obtain a legal copy of this game anywhere, so... 

:shrugz:

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Uncharted 4 was 2016 too, i've been playing it's mp mode since release. :p And Division was there was well. It shone brightly for a little while and that shouldn't be forgotten. It just had trouble staying around. If it had as much content as right now i bet it would have stayed more memorable.

Uncharted is another one I didn't want to list because I hadn't played it yet (although I will soon).

Most of the reviews I've seen for The Division were pretty negative, though.

Which is a shame, because it did a lot of things right. It had some big flaws, but it also did some creative stuff that made it the closest thing to an engaging shooter MMO I've ever played.

Which is a shame, because it did a lot of things right. It had some big flaws, but it also did some creative stuff that made it the closest thing to an engaging shooter MMO I've ever played.

I think many of those reviews were due to disappointment over the marketing divisions blatant lies and exaggerations.

That said, I did give it go over a free weekend and was not impressed in any way - I don't like a game that tries to anchor themselves in a believable setting, but then enemies needs 300 shots in the head to go down - and in the first 30 min you kill at least 100 people. New York would look like a devastated war zone, closer to Mosul, if that was the norm.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Having to empty two or three clips into an enemy before they go down was the main reason why I got tired of it, sure some things were kind of fun and I enjoyed the environments, but those ****ing bulletsponges...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Every respectable competitive shooter has a one shot one kill headshot. The bulletsponge thing is related to the lack of a mouse for consoles I think. You gotta do something different because the quick target acquisition and execution is not rewarding on a controller, so, bulletsponge and coverbased/cover shifting it is. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Is there even a game out there that wasn't designed with damagesponge enemies?

I've heard Metro increases everyone's DPS on higher difficulty levels.

Yep. You got a way better experience playing on the higher difficulties.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Is there even a game out there that wasn't designed with damagesponge enemies?

I've heard Metro increases everyone's DPS on higher difficulty levels.

Yes, Ranger Mode means the enemies do more damage but so do you (as well as less HUD, less ammo, and less filters).

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Every respectable competitive shooter has a one shot one kill headshot. The bulletsponge thing is related to the lack of a mouse for consoles I think. You gotta do something different because the quick target acquisition and execution is not rewarding on a controller, so, bulletsponge and coverbased/cover shifting it is. 

You think wrong. If anything is responsible for damagesponge enemies it's RPGs of all sorts.  And Division wanted to be Diablo with guns not shooter and that was obvious from all the material before the release. And there was greater damage on headshots anyway, with proper weapons enemies died with one shot.  Controller has absolutely nothing to do with it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Every respectable competitive shooter has a one shot one kill headshot.

You mean like Quake III: Arena or Unreal Tournament series? Majority of shooters out there, competitive or not, do not sport one shot one kill headshots - including Counter-Strike, incidentally

The bulletsponge thing is related to the lack of a mouse for consoles I think. You gotta do something different because the quick target acquisition and execution is not rewarding on a controller, so, bulletsponge and coverbased/cover shifting it is.

Pretty much all modern games by iD, MachineGames or ... Well, most modern SP shooters that turned out being good, would prove that wrong.

Bullet spongy enemies are a way to easily adjust difficulty of your game. And that's the end of the story, really. Altho Majek does make a good point with many modern shooters including character or weapon stat increases.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

So you are saying shooters on a controller with one shot kills is rewarding ?

I wouldn't know, I have never played a shooter with a controller. So maybe I amend one shot kills to more or less instant kills, in other words not bullet sponge, which is what most good shooters do.

I don't see a connection with RPGs, the term doesn't mean anything anymore. Of course a lot of them do that thing where they give you tiny stat increases after you have scored your 1000th kill. just to keep you playing. You know, grind unlocks that they call 'RPG elements'

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.