What are you playing right now?

Dungeon Quest II, funny little game to play for an hour or so.

And I want to play Tyranny's new DLC, but I don't have time to play the whole game again.

• Like 1

The owls are not what they seem.

Have you killed the Black Knight in the Undead burg? What did it drop  ( if anything)?

I met that dude but didn't get to kill him. I'll try to kill him this time and see what he will drop.

Killed the bastard right now. It only gave me a Titanite Chunk.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've put Tyranny on hold and will re-buy GOTY edition for cheap once it exists with all content released. You know, the one with the DLC for a-life simulation, allowing for factions to live out their lives and have additional conflicts in the background, the Open World Pack, which removes the need for overworld map and puts Tyranny into fully open world environment, the Geneology Pack which allows player to sire an offspring and eventually train him to also become a fatebinder, the Battle Pack which'll completely overhaul the combat system and give even humanoid enemies completely unique behaviors and capacity to talk to PC at any stage of combat at AI's leisure, the Destruction of Innocents pack which allows attacking of arbitrary civilians and makes the game's story adjust to such a choice properly, and - most importantly - the "Other Bits" DLC that finishes the story and effectively acts as a sequel to the game, turning Tyranny into a grand strategy game.

• Like 3

As for the infamous capra demon, it's difficulty has been as much overblown as for Dark Souls itself.  The point is to dodge the first blow then you can do whatever you want.

Oh also try to cut tails from dragonlike enemies or gargoyles. Bow works too hint hint red wyvern  on the wall hint hint. :D :D

PS yes i'm saying melee is better than magic. :p  Glass cannon builds are not for beginners anyway .

Couple things:

The Capra Demon is a wall for a lot of people. Not strictly because of the demon (which isn't hard by himself) but the two dogs with the Capra Demon. Dodging that first attack is also fairly difficult because of the tiny space you have to work with and where everything starts. I found it worked better to have a decent amount of poise to tank that first hit.

As a beginner, a sorcery build was just fine for me. Maybe I did it wrong. :p I mean I wasn't aware that sorcery meant glass cannon.

Yes yes and it's not even the unpatched encounter when it was even more aggressive.  I guess these people would never make to Anor londo anyway. :p

No, but the best sorcery builds were glass cannons, those around SL 100 even more so. Anyone using the ring of dusk would be. And before NG+ thats the only way to get a lot of best soul spells, since there's almost no item to replenish spell uses around.  And to me sorcery builds are only focusing on spells ( (INT up to 50+ and ATT at 34+), so not much use of weapons or buffs. Hybrid builds that invest in DEX or STR and INT are not sorcery builds to me.

What was your build anyway?

And yes, if that was fine for your, you certainly did it wrong. :p I'd say that only in Demon's magic makes everything trivial (since you've got plenty of fast mana regen gear and of course consumables as well. :p

Killed the bastard right now. It only gave me a Titanite Chunk.

Oh well.  Maybe next time. There's more of them around. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I feel like every post I make in this topic leads me to believe that I NEED to just erase all games, pick one for each system, and play them until completion, because in this day and age of games releasing year round, hard drives being huge, and my lack of actual time to play anything, that would be the best route, so as of the time of this post, I'm making Mad Max my PS4 game, Ghost 1.0 my pc and Zelda: Breath of the Wild my switch game, but who am I kidding, I'll still put time into Minecraft on the switch because, well, because of the calming music lol

I will say something about the switch.  I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy in any way, but this is a good system.  The ability to play these games on the go and then be able to easily play on a tv in seconds, literally seconds is awesome.  Am I looking to play high intensive graphically games on this thing?  No, never thought I could and don't believe at this time, that it's possible with any handheld.  Give me the creative games, the games with style, etc, like Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Inside, Darkest Dungeon, and also the Nintendo franchises like Mario and Zelda and new ones like Mario + Rabbids which looks good.  Hell, port some other games, like Unepic, or Ghost 1.0 or most other indie games of years past and I'll be totally content.  This is a second system, lets be clear.  The whole, "oh Nintendo won't have 3rd party support because the switch isn't powerful enough" thing is a little crazy.  In a perfect world, would I love to play every, if not most games in a handheld?  Maybe, but I have my expectations of this day and age.  Make devs start thinking how to make games FUN instead of beautiful.  We've seen it quite a bit these past couple of years.  Mostly with indie devs, but it's happening and some of these games are phenomenal.  

Some of this post refers to recent news about people complaining that Steep might not run on the switch, well no #$!@.  Lets be honest with ourselves here.  Sorry for the huff and puff.

ps.  Mad Max is soo good.  I know it may be repetitive but damn that setting............

• Like 2

ps.  Mad Max is soo good.  I know it may be repetitive but damn that setting............

Mad Max is probably the most underrated open world game ever made. Yes, it is amazing. I don't think I ever felt like it was repetitive but then again, if you're someone who gets sick of seeing the desert then you'll probably consider it as so.

I feel like every post I make in this topic leads me to believe that I NEED to just erase all games, pick one for each system, and play them until completion...

I know what you mean. It's hard sometimes, especially if you get new games every so often. The backlog begins to build.

I've only played one game this year that has interested me enough to complete it 100% and then some. That was Hollow Knight, everyone who plays it says that it's just as good if not better than Super Metroid and Castlevania SOTN. So I beat Hollow Knight 2 times and even though I've seen everything that needs to be seen, I feel like the game is brand new everytime I play it.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yes yes and it's not even the unpatched encounter when it was even more aggressive.  I guess these people would never make to Anor londo anyway. :p

No, but the best sorcery builds were glass cannons, those around SL 100 even more so. Anyone using the ring of dusk would be. And before NG+ thats the only way to get a lot of best soul spells, since there's almost no item to replenish spell uses around.  And to me sorcery builds are only focusing on spells ( (INT up to 50+ and ATT at 34+), so not much use of weapons or buffs. Hybrid builds that invest in DEX or STR and INT are not sorcery builds to me.

What was your build anyway?

And yes, if that was fine for your, you certainly did it wrong. :p I'd say that only in Demon's magic makes everything trivial (since you've got plenty of fast mana regen gear and of course consumables as well.

I guess by your definition, my sorcery build wasn't a sorcery build. Glad I didn't submit it to you for approval. Seriously, though, I found sorcery did trivialize a lot of the game.

And I mean, I didn't find the Capra Demon very hard at all. I just know for some people it was a serious roadblock.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

uuu snide remarks. And yeah it can, but so can everything else. It always depends on how you manage to play the game. For some people going under the graveyard at Firelink at the start was utter nightmare, while others just breezed through. Then there were many kind of people that took Master key as the gift, for some that ruined the game because it opened almost every door and they couldn't figure out where to go to not be massacred.  For some it was alredy the gargolyes that made quit the game.

But in the end i'll stand with my opinion that sorcery is not the best for a newcomer. But these are all just opinions  at best suggestions, if they're considered or not is all up to player.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The meta in hero MP games sure makes things boring as people just slavishly follow them. But at least trolled more people in Overwatch.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The meta in hero MP games sure makes things boring as people just slavishly follow them.

I was never one to enjoy MP games all that much to begin with, but readily accessible information on how to be the most efficient in them was among the reasons for me to stop playing them (I'm the kind of person who enjoys figuring out his own ways to play dem videogames)

Played some Prey, seems alright. I find the story hook to be great, but why do games still insist on starting you off with just a wrench?

I also tried out God Eater Resurrection. I have had my eye on the two God Eater games for a while, so the Midweek Steam sale finally pushed me over the edge. By contrast, I was blasting and slashing monsters in no time! No wrench.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The meta in hero MP games sure makes things boring as people just slavishly follow them.

I was never one to enjoy MP games all that much to begin with, but readily accessible information on how to be the most efficient in them was among the reasons for me to stop playing them (I'm the kind of person who enjoys figuring out his own ways to play dem videogames)

Yah I guess there is a point to being optimal but at the same time it gets dull as hell doing the same thing as everyone else. But in Overwatch there's a cult like obedience to the meta. Well that and the usual people bitching rather than fixing

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I played the beta and got the idea of it (and even got a free copy courtesy of a cousin who works at Blizzard) but there isn't really a ton there for me, who enjoys the official maximum 24-player TF2 games and sometimes those hacked 32-player 2fort and CP_Well cluster****s, or intimate co-op fare with my buddies like ArmA, pre-Siege Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, etc.

Though I'll grant you I got pretty heavy into the Company of Heroes and Dawn of War competitive scene and waited with bated breath for patch notes with balance changes.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The meta in hero MP games sure makes things boring as people just slavishly follow them. But at least trolled more people in Overwatch.

YES! I agree but I think it's only because people who follow/don't follow the genre don't realize that most Hero fps games get overlooked right away as they get labeled "Overwatch clones" so right away, they basically have virtually no chance of succeeding. Most release or hit early access and are never even acknowledged or found, Overwatch is just that strong atm.

The biggest problem is, I think, that everyone forgets that it started off as a Team Fortress knock-off. Therfore comparing every hero fps to Overwatch right away. Most of them are free-to-play and just as good but people have to look to find out and nobody likes doing their own research these days it seems.

I told myself I would never buy a hero fps til I saw Lawbreakers, then on further inspection I found that it is a hero fps that is the totally opposite of Overwatch. I ended up getting it because I trust Cliffy B more than Blizzard and judging by the beta it's already a better product with more support and love than Overwatch.

But... for the people who are actually involved in that mp competitive space, I can see how it's so addicting. Playing tournaments, traveling and playing against real people, always having different match-ups (granted the game's playerbase is big enough), provides a totally unique experience every time. Similar to fighting games which I love... Damn that explains why people have 2,000+ hours in these games lol

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

uuu snide remarks. And yeah it can, but so can everything else. It always depends on how you manage to play the game. For some people going under the graveyard at Firelink at the start was utter nightmare, while others just breezed through. Then there were many kind of people that took Master key as the gift, for some that ruined the game because it opened almost every door and they couldn't figure out where to go to not be massacred.  For some it was alredy the gargolyes that made quit the game.

But in the end i'll stand with my opinion that sorcery is not the best for a newcomer. But these are all just opinions  at best suggestions, if they're considered or not is all up to player.

Sorry about the snide remarks, but when you go off about how there's "one true way" to do a certain kind of build you kind of have to expect it. Your one true way isn't everyone's one true way. Glass cannon is one way to play sorcery, but not the only way.

And sorcery worked just fine for me as a new player, so I would hesitate to advise people against choosing it. I would suggest doing some research, but I'd suggest that for any build. I'd suggest players avoid going into the game and making uninformed build choices.

Edited by Belle Sorciere
  • Like 1

I would suggest doing some research, but I'd suggest that for any build. I'd suggest players avoid going into the game and making uninformed build choices.

See i'd never do that if i wanted someone to play a Souls game after only hearing about it before. I'd wait for them to try it first. Who knows, maybe they'd like if from the get go like i did and i had no idea what i was getting into with Demon's souls ( i still have my first build, it was completely broken but after 500 hours it got better. =D). Hmm i'd probably do this for all the games.  

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Reached level 200 in Tales of Xillia 2 with Ludger, and immediately got the trophy. Other characters are 2-3 levels behind. Game is 97% complete and only 1 trophy missing for Platinum. Need to finish hardest coliseum fight to get it, but before it, there is one more EX superboss hunt, which I want to finish before the end of game.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

New elusive target coming to HITMAN tomorrow.  I think this is the last one, at least if the plan that was originally laid out holds true.  I'm going all out for this one.  The mission:  Silent Assassin Suit Only.

:dancing:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The new Hitman really is the best one since Blood Money. I've been loving the missions. So many choices! Today I massaged a banker to death and killed a general as the prisoner he was interrogating.  

I've also been playing Xenonauts, but I think the aliens are winning. :(

• Like 1

Played Fallout 4 for a few minutes tonight for the first time in a while, I have to say, I know that graphics might not be all that matters but damn... those colors pop and it's so nice to look at maxed out in 4k. While FO3/FONV have aged horribly. Last time I played it I could only max the settings in 900p lol Its worth playing now when it's so beautiful I suppose.

Played Fallout 4 for a few minutes tonight for the first time in a while, I have to say, I know that graphics might not be all that matters but damn... those colors pop and it's so nice to look at maxed out in 4k. While FO3/FONV have aged horribly. Last time I played it I could only max the settings in 900p lol Its worth playing now when it's so beautiful I suppose.

I beat Fallout 4 in 18 hours during free weekend on Steam and I honestly feel that it didn't do much for me. As a game, I didn't hate it, but sure was not a good Fallout. It looked decent in some places. I still can't get over the ugly, interface, though.

I can still play NV thanks to the game being fun, despite poor graphics.

I would suggest doing some research, but I'd suggest that for any build. I'd suggest players avoid going into the game and making uninformed build choices.

See i'd never do that if i wanted someone to play a Souls game after only hearing about it before. I'd wait for them to try it first. Who knows, maybe they'd like if from the get go like i did and i had no idea what i was getting into with Demon's souls ( i still have my first build, it was completely broken but after 500 hours it got better. =D). Hmm i'd probably do this for all the games.  

Eh, I guess both approaches have their merits. I find that if I know what to expect I enjoy the game more. In the case of Dark Souls, this meant knowing what sorcery could do as a build.