Blarghagh

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796396412325871616

Theory why Clinton didn't win.

It also make me think that she is speaking about this forum  :aiee:  :wowey:

Nah, they have already found a new target: https://archive.is/eQuzX

Dear Fellow White Women: We F**ked This Up

Exit polls show 53 percent of white women voted for Trump — compared to only 43 percent for Clinton.

Fellow white women, I’m done with you.

After all this talk of allyship, you didn’t show up to the polls to push back against the openly racist, xenophobic, misogynistic now-President-elect Donald Trump.

The exit polls from the Nov. 8 election show that 53 percent of white women voted for Donald Trump, compared to only 43 percent for Hillary Clinton. It appears many white women are not moved by Trump’s sexism, and instead would rather applaud the candidate for his lack of political correctness.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796396412325871616

Theory why Clinton didn't win.

It also make me think that she is speaking about this forum  :aiee:  :wowey:

It's such pathetic demonisation and conspiracy theory crafting that makes me laugh, when Brexit results were announced and now, the desperate need to blame voters who don't align with their own smug elitist positions is always absolutely hilarious. One wonders how such people deal with the real world where not everyone echoes their inane tweeting.

Well there are few bits of thruth in those tweets, for example that some people now must hide their political views for fear of being persecuted

An irrational fear of imaginary feminist bogeymen coming to take away your rights is not something I'd use the word "must" for.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Yep, ahh the whole racist, sexist, bigotist accusations have been spewing forth like a huge broken sewer pipe...

I'll be honest, maybe .......JUST maybe it's that kinda attitude that has drove Trump to become president and why the senate AND house is full of republicans....

Just maybe ;)

These type of people have no idea that they are in same group as racists, bigots, and such with their attitudes and hate.

• Like 3

Its not really wrong. There was strong social pressure to vote against Trump. I had Greeks, Swedes, Germans, Indonesians and all other sorts of people to whom the results of the elections are completely unimportant trying to convince me that Trump was the son of Satan and Hillary was the least bad choice. In the Netherlands, of all places.

In other words you had people parroting the main media line the world over even when they have no stake in it at all. That's how strong the whole media coverage was.

Therefore its surprising that in the US, where  everything is more extreme to begin with (and uhm, a relevant issue to begin with), a good portion of the voters kept their mouths shut for the polls, or even flat out lied and then went out and voted Trump.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What if I told you Trump under performed when compared to Romney, and it was Clinton that lost the election all by her lonesome.

cFGgJDq.jpg

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also, lol at the idea California would leave the US.  You don't just let the biggest agriculture provider in the country walk away.

Meh, as Ross Perot said, you don't have to own the cow to get the milk. And it would be cheaper to buy your produce in pesos once you rejoin Mexico.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Its not really wrong. There was strong social pressure to vote against Trump.

Yupp, so strong he barely got any votes wait that's totally not what happened.

Well, the pressure is only good for shaming in social groups and influencing weak willed people. But in the voting booth you're free to give them all the middle finger.

Which is what happened.

Its not illogical that there really was pressure and that it also backfired. Those can go hand in hand.

• Like 1

Also, lol at the idea California would leave the US.  You don't just let the biggest agriculture provider in the country walk away.

Meh, as Ross Perot said, you don't have to own the cow to get the milk. And it would be cheaper to buy your produce in pesos once you rejoin Mexico.

I thought you disliked globalization and wanted to get production and jobs back in America.

"Buy American" or whatever.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What if I told you Trump under performed when compared to Romney, and it was Clinton that lost the election all by her lonesome.

cFGgJDq.jpg

The couch-potatoes, the Homer Simpsons and those simply not caring are the true silent heroes of this election.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm sure you'd be happy for higher costs for Entertainment, Food, Air Travel and a grossly deflated GDP in the US once the 5th largest economy in the world went independant or joined another nation.

A part of me is wiling to bet that somethings gonna happen that'll get trump removed from office and/or he won't even be sworn in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I thought you disliked globalization and wanted to get production and jobs back in America.

"Buy American" or whatever.

But I'd like to increase our exports. I'd like to export Californians.
  • Like 3

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Its not really wrong. There was strong social pressure to vote against Trump.

Yupp, so strong he barely got any votes wait that's totally not what happened.

Well, the pressure is only good for shaming in social groups and influencing weak willed people. But in the voting booth you're free to give them all the middle finger.

Which is what happened.

Its not illogical that there really was pressure and that it also backfired. Those can go hand in hand.

Sure, but Chilloutman probably wasn't talking about "your social circle thinks ill of you" levels of 'persecution', and I strongly question that anything beyond that exists outside of the heads of the paranoid.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well technically you might get in trouble if in a round of affection you will call someone a dirty N- even if that person stole from you. Heck, you even have police officers being lynched by media even when they had right to act the way they did. - or that's the impression i get from some of the stories.

EDIT: anyone recall T-shirt drama and similar stuff?

Edited by Darkpriest

Crazy that Clinton didn't even carry Wisconsin. They haven't voted Red since 1984. Not even the Simpsons saw that coming!

From what I heard that could be attributed to Paul Ryan never actually pulling his endorsement (he's from there and quite popular)

Source, 538

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't know which one, that's why I phrased it as a question. False rumor or not, my point is it's only a matter of time before they find one on Donald "grab her by the ****" Trump that sticks. Bill Clinton got impeached over a blowjob, I expect Donald Trump's sexually assaulted enough women to get the same thing to happen.

I seriously doubt Trump has sexually assaulted anyone. Prepare for disappointment.

Also, lol @ people attributing this Obamacare. Republicans do everything they can to mangle Obamacare before it even gets off the ground and then platform about how mangled Obamacare is. Shovel **** into Republicans mouths and they chew dutifully. Whenever I think nobody's as dumb as US democrats (because only US democrats are dumb enough to think Hillary is a liberal), the republicans come in and prove me wrong. :)

Obamacare's problems have NOTHING to do with republicans. It's main issue is that young people don't want to pay higher insurance for old people with pre-existing conditions. Thus they don't pay for their insurance. This makes premiums go up which makes even more people refuse to pay it. That makes premiums go up. The process is repeated until no one is paying for it.

Republicans opposed it because it was fundamentally unsound and not a viable program. Obamacare's failing is 100% on the authors of the bill and the idiot democrats that voted for it. Many career politicians and especially leftists don't understand that when a demand is unreasonable; people won't cooperate, even if not cooperating is against their personal interest (which is why increasing the fine for not being covered won't work). Ironically, a lot of the people refusing to pay and dodging insurance are young Obama voters; see, coercive government programs are cool until it's your turn to be pushed around. The Dems were so busy shoving their new healthcare system down our throats they never really considered if it should be shoved down our throats (seriously, many of the dems had no idea how the new system worked).

Also, don't give me any BS bemoaning a lack of a "public option" either. If the bill would have included that, insurance companies would never have allowed it to pass. It was a doomed system and republicans were 100% correct to oppose it.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

cFGgJDq.jpg

Then I'd just spam Bernie and tell you it didn't have to be like this.

04b4695a6f7001c631efc71a9b84f5b2d1075ea7

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I wonder if Bernie secretly voted for Trump after being shafted so bad during the campaign.