The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

I'm trying to remember what racist thing Trump said. Oh yeah... that's right. He said we should TEMPORARILY ban Muslim refugees and immigrants from entering the country until we can revamp our vetting process. My my my, what an extreme and evil position has has taken. It's not like some Muslims ever practice terrorism or anything.

Not saying I agree with him. Just marveling at how this one thing has been construed into this whole big "Trump is a racist" thing. But hey, facts don't matter if a lie helps the Democrat.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Hating Muslims isn't racism. Now hating Latinos can be. Of course nothing is more racist than what Hillary thinks of black people. EVIL.

In practice, it does seem that way though. You get people distrusting the brown folk and black Muslims but wouldn't mind the Bosnian one. Trump's not racist, but he seems to play on them (fair play, they are ****ing dumb suckers). As for profiling, well, that's sensible on a scale like a religion, much like worrying about veterans being fertile soil for right wing groups. Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nah... it's just what happens when words fail the intellectual left. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm trying to remember what racist thing Trump said. Oh yeah... that's right. He said we should TEMPORARILY ban Muslim refugees and immigrants from entering the country until we can revamp our vetting process. My my my, what an extreme and evil position has has taken. It's not like some Muslims ever practice terrorism or anything.

Not saying I agree with him. Just marveling at how this one thing has been construed into this whole big "Trump is a racist" thing. But hey, facts don't matter if a lie helps the Democrat.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/

Did everyone suddenly forget who Trump is?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some of it is pretty bad. But it's a far cry from skin-head of KKK type stuff. I also find it curious the Robert Byrd who actually was the Grand Kleagle of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan of West Virginia, who oversaw lynchings, intimidation, cross burning, the whole bit was never called a racist. And he was a US Senator for over 50 years! Fifty! He actually used the N word in public, in the Senate. Yet he was not called a racist. Hillary Clinton called him her friend and mentor: http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/08/25/flashback-hillary-clinton-praised-former-kkk-member-robert-byrd-friend-and-mentor and no one called her racist. Bill Clinton delivered his eulogy for God's sake.

Why is this? They are all DEMOCRATS! Ahhh there is the answer! You see Pidesco, the word is meaningless in the US because it only gets applied to Republicans. I remember in 2007 the Huffington post ran a piece on the most racist members of Congress. Every last one was a Republican including Alan West. They had to run a retraction because at the time they didn't realize Alan West was in fact black. Go figure. 

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Heh, your types on Judgement Day will tire the Almighty by pointing out others' sins as an excuse :lol:

Hey you know me Malc, I think they are all scum. I just get annoyed by double standards.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

Thomas Sowell

"Burn away the flags. Begin again." -Guard Dog, probably  - Basically most people this election

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Sometimes you just have to hit CNTRL-ALT-DEL

Thomas Sowell

For the first time in my life, I can understand why now someone would wanna join a doomsday cult. I don't feel that way myself but I can see a lil bit of understanding why someone would wanna throw everything away to some monstrosity at the bottom of the sea to wipe everything away.

I can sympathize a tiny tiny tiny bit now lol ;)

Just let this damn election end and bring on the pain. I'm tired of waiting

Some of it is pretty bad. But it's a far cry from skin-head of KKK type stuff. I also find it curious the Robert Byrd who actually was the Grand Kleagle of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan of West Virginia, who oversaw lynchings, intimidation, cross burning, the whole bit was never called a racist. And he was a US Senator for over 50 years! Fifty! He actually used the N word in public, in the Senate. Yet he was not called a racist. Hillary Clinton called him her friend and mentor: http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/08/25/flashback-hillary-clinton-praised-former-kkk-member-robert-byrd-friend-and-mentor and no one called her racist. Bill Clinton delivered his eulogy for God's sake.

Why is this? They are all DEMOCRATS! Ahhh there is the answer! You see Pidesco, the word is meaningless in the US because it only gets applied to Republicans. I remember in 2007 the Huffington post ran a piece on the most racist members of Congress. Every last one was a Republican including Alan West. They had to run a retraction because at the time they didn't realize Alan West was in fact black. Go figure. 

Just out of curiousity, is there any kind of expiration date on the "But Robert Byrd was a Democrat!" false-equivalency BS that comes up every time somebody on the left calls out actual present-day racism? 

I mean, the guy's been dead for 6 years, and his public stance on race issues was pretty consistently inclusive over the final 25-ish years of his career.  (He credited the tragic death of his grandson in '82 as causing a re-assessment of his values.)  He spent the last few decades of his career (i.e., the entire time when Bill & Hillary would have known him) saying that joining the Klan was the biggest mistake he made in his life. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

There wouldn't be if he was republican. 

That's odd, because I don't see anybody bringing up Strom Thurmond when they're talking about Trump's history on race issues. 

(Thurmond, by the way, was the other quite famous long-time Senator who supported the filibuster of Civil Rights legislation in the '60s.  Unlike Byrd, he switched parties to the GOP in '64 over civil rights issues, and never renounced his previously-stated views.) 

Not to defend Trump but I don't recall Trump being associated with Thurmond in any way. And no there is no expiration so long as every republican candidate is immediately deemed racist by virtue of just being the republican candidate. Or did you not find the notion the Romney wanted to burn black churches (a pro-Obama PAC ad) or that McCain wanted to bring back slavery (from that intellectual titan Whoopi Goldberg) absurd? Now the candidates themselves don't engage in that kind of nastiness, they just step back and let the PACs and media do it for them. But they never speak against it and they had actual Klan members in their midst. David Duke renounced the Klan too. It was still pinned to him like a scarlet letter just like it should have been to Byrd. But it seems as long as you are on the right "team" you get a pass on past sins. 

Now I am certainly no Trump supporter. It seems I only support Republicans who have "R" in their names but as I said, double standards annoy me. 

But my favored political philosophy is not immune from the accusation: http://www.salon.com/2015/06/10/why_libertarianism_is_so_popular_on_the_right_its_the_last_bastion_of_white_male_dominance/

After all... it's not the right team.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

What will the reality denier say about reality? Whatever he wants.

Heja Sverige!!

Not to defend Trump but I don't recall Trump being associated with Thurmond in any way. And no there is no expiration so long as every republican candidate is immediately deemed racist by virtue of just being the republican candidate. Or did you not find the notion the Romney wanted to burn black churches (a pro-Obama PAC ad) or that McCain wanted to bring back slavery (from that intellectual titan Whoopi Goldberg) absurd? Now the candidates themselves don't engage in that kind of nastiness, they just step back and let the PACs and media do it for them. But they never speak against it and they had actual Klan members in their midst. David Duke renounced the Klan too. It was still pinned to him like a scarlet letter just like it should have been to Byrd. But it seems as long as you are on the right "team" you get a pass on past sins. 

Now I am certainly no Trump supporter. It seems I only support Republicans who have "R" in their names but as I said, double standards annoy me. 

But my favored political philosophy is not immune from the accusation: http://www.salon.com/2015/06/10/why_libertarianism_is_so_popular_on_the_right_its_the_last_bastion_of_white_male_dominance/

After all... it's not the right team.

Trump isn't deemed a racist because he's the Republican candidate. It's the other way around. He was already racist and he won the primary partly because of that.

Heja Sverige!!

There's a proverb: "The Swede cries as he accuses you of being racist".

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy