The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

It also depends on what the pseudonym was. "ThanksObama2008" wouldn't indicate that he didn't know, for example.

Edit:

Interesting survey:

Among the survey findings, respondents said if Trump is elected president there would be a:

46 percent chance that Trump would authorize the use of a nuclear device against ISIS or another foreign enemy;

54 percent chance the U.S. government would default on its debt;

65 percent chance Trump would use the powers of his office against a political opponent;

54 percent chance Trump would create a database to track all Muslims in the U.S.;

53 percent chance Trump would order the military to target the families of terrorists;

44 percent chance Trump would authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants; and

65 percent chance there would be race riots in major U.S. cities.

Trump supporters shared many of those same concerns, with his supporters predicting a:

22 percent chance that Trump would authorize the use of a nuclear weapon;

33 percent chance the U.S. government would default on its debt;

32 percent chance Trump would use the powers of his office against a political opponent;

48 percent chance Trump would create a database to track all Muslims in the U.S.;

29 percent chance Trump would order the military to target the families of terrorists;

32 percent chance Trump would authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants; and

36 percent chance there would be race riots in major U.S. cities.

c4jt321.png

Using a nuclear weapon? No, that will not happen absent some extreme act of war. Using the power of the office against an opponent? That is already going on and is hardly new. Under Obama the IRS had been ruthlessly suppressing all PACs whose politics his party disapproves of. Under Clinton many of his outspoken opponents found themselves under IRS scrutiny. And Nixon, Need I say more? Muslim database? If you don't think something along those lines does not already exist you haven't been following what's going on around here. Snowden did not become a wanted man because he sold secrets to foreign governments (at first). Targeting terrorists families... that may happen. I doubt it and hope not. Internment camps? No. Not happening. We have a bad history with that sort of thing. Race riots in US cities? Noooo... say it ain't so. It's happening right now.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, obviously those things aren't going to happen. My point is more that there seems to be a non trivial percentage of Trump supporters who think Trump might do catastrophic things, and they're happy about it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, obviously those things aren't going to happen. My point is more that there seems to be a non trivial percentage of Trump supporters who think Trump might do catastrophic things, and they're happy about it.

I guess this is an appropriate place to use the some folks want to watch the world burn quote. It does not make a heck of a lot of sense to me either. 

But in all seriousness every needs to know a Trump Presidency probably will be a lot less eventful than you think. The President is not all powerful. Far from it. They set the agenda, they lead on foreign policy, they nominate judges, they enforce the law. Basically that is it. And Congress has oversight on all of it. A President can't do "big things" without Congress being on-board. And the Republicans are defending enough seats in "soft blue" states to make control of the Senate at least likely for the Dems. That means Trump can bluster away but there will be a real limit to what he can do.

The biggest mistake we've made as a country in the last 20 years was the Iraq invasion. GWB bears the brunt of that blame for sure but let's not forget, had Congress, including Hillary Clinton not given the OK it would not have happened. The world would be different today. ISIS would only be a hot brunette Egyptian goddess

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

More on Cheryl Mills immunity: http://observer.com/2016/09/the-fbi-investigation-of-emailgate-was-a-sham/

You give immunity to someone who's simultaneously acting as the chief suspect's lawyer! Just wow.

Edit: More on this, this time from a former federal prosecutor, admittedly a partisan one: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/440370/why-did-obama-justice-department-grant-cheryl-mills-immunity

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It looks like the numbers are shaping up for Colorado to be THE swing state this year. http://www.weeklystandard.com/quinnipiac-race-tightens-in-colorado-as-trump-gains-among-white-college-educated-voters/article/2004481

So if you still care which of these two turds ends up not being flushed in November you need to talk to Shady Sands. You can't "buy"his vote, but I'm sure he'd read the note on a gift! 

:lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politics/presidential-debate-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

Huge debate tonight guys, the first of 3. Its going to be very exciting  :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Shame the debates are theater rather than kind you see in Universities and such.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politics/presidential-debate-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

Huge debate tonight guys, the first of 3. Its going to be very exciting  :dancing:  :dancing:

Not to anyone who wouldn't vote for either of them.  Maybe if they'd actually let a third party candidate into the debates, it'd have been exciting...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tonight is the night we find out if Trump is a Clinton shill or if he is serious.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Not to anyone who wouldn't vote for either of them.  Maybe if they'd actually let a third party candidate into the debates, it'd have been exciting...

If you had four bullets in a revolver instead of two, would your sense of excitement change during a game of Russian roulette?

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Before grandma conquers IS and Putin, she's going to have to conquer the menace of short flights of stairs: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/25/video-hillary-clinton-struggles-stairs-curb-first-presidential-debate/

Another outbreak of pneumonia no doubt.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Before grandma conquers IS and Putin, she's going to have to conquer the menace of short flights of stairs: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/09/25/video-hillary-clinton-struggles-stairs-curb-first-presidential-debate/

Another outbreak of pneumonia no doubt.

Always good to see 8th graders making a publication.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More on the Mills immunity, this time from a neutral observer: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/26/hillary-clinton-emails-mills-server-immunity-jonathan-turley/91092182/

"For the Obama Administration, the criminal investigation into the Democratic presidential nominee and its prior secretary of State came with a heightened level of public scrutiny and skepticism. Many doubted that the administration would seriously pursue the Clintons, a family of political royalty in both Democratic and establishment circles. The easiest way for prosecutors to scuttle a criminal case is to immunize those people who are at the greatest risk of criminal indictment."

"Shame the debates are theater rather than kind you see in Universities and such."

What kind fo debates do you even see in Universities now? Debates are anti free speech according to SJW Nazis.  

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Shame the debates are theater rather than kind you see in Universities and such."

What kind fo debates do you even see in Universities now? Debates are anti free speech according to SJW Nazis.

Think debating societies are a thing still

What kind fo debates do you even see in Universities now? Debates are anti free speech according to SJW Nazis.

Think debating societies are a thing still

Frankly, I don't understand the debating societies of today.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They had decent ones at my school. But regardless, is the approach of at least attempting to be cold and collected.

Well I've had enough of this farce. Trump is repeating the same things over and over and Clinton is copping a condescending little sneer that is just pissing me off. I could not imagine two more unlikable human beings. F--k them both. I'm going to watch baseball.

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Trump walked into a trap when he started talking about a tax cut to the wealthy. He should've contested the premise of the moderator even if it was technically accurate.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Somehow I ended up with neighbors over thay wanted to watch it. This is ugly. Bit surprised how long they've spent on business talk. That would seem to favor Trump.

True. I think he's losing this a bit.

EDIT: Got to he emails part. Nevermind; he's winning now. A quick turnabout! We'll see what happens.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Identifying winner and losers in these things is always so tainted with bias, it's not worth thinking about, heh. Pretty weird to have neighbours visiting to watch it, but hey, at least people are caring about the election. I think. Maybe ?