What's on the idiot box?

Rosbjerg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarry_(TV_series)

Guys I recommend this, its about an ex-Vietnam veteran who does 2 tours and returns home to different reality since he has been at war. He then becomes a hitman for a variety of reasons and some you can understand  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I like to imagine them somehow surviving the crash and coming back later. Really liked that character and it would be kinda crab if he's gone for real.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yes, I'm really enjoying Expanse. It must cost a fair amount to make though, what with all the special sets and computer graphics.

The gravity on Eros is negligible. Why the heck were they having so much difficulty lugging those devices around?  :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

So, to you Expanse watchers out there:

What was I seeing at the end there? I thought the battle on Ganymede was between Earth / Mars forces but at the end you see a humanoid shaped proto-molecule reaching down for the last surviving Mars marine. So was it the proto-molecule that destroyed the Martian cruiser and patrol?

So, to you Expanse watchers out there:

What was I seeing at the end there? I thought the battle on Ganymede was between Earth / Mars forces but at the end you see a humanoid shaped proto-molecule reaching down for the last surviving Mars marine. So was it the proto-molecule that destroyed the Martian cruiser and patrol?

I'm told that in the book, the space battle happens after the shootout planetside, because something something border violation and itchy trigger fingers. No idea where the show is going though.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I presume that the show left what exactly is happening deliberately unclear. That scene reminded me of when execs decide they want to fit more ads in and randomly chop crucial scenes out, but I suspect it's not that and it's meant to simulate an 'unreliable narrator' instead. Certainly looks like the fighting started in the earth area though, and the earth marines that approached the martian ones seemed to be retreating and shooting behind them. Protomolecule dude looked almost exactly like a husk from Mass Effect.

Actual good episode of The Flash last night as well, which shows that they can still do it.

Actual good episode of The Flash last night as well, which shows that they can still do it.

Who do you suppose Savitar is ... everyone seems to think Wally, or HR. I'm gonna go girl and suggest Savitar is actually the lady speedster who died last season from injecting Velocity 9, in a storm of blue lightning ... Caitlin's friend from Mercury Labs, Trajectory.

Obviously I'm wrong, but, maybe.   

All Stop. On Screen.

The obvious two are Wally and Barry himself- mostly as Sav has made a point of saying "I'm the future(,) flash" multiple times, plus we know that Flash disappears in the future. Can't see it being HR though, too much S1 redux. I like the Trajectory theory, but I think they'd have brought her up this season if she were Savitar.

One of the unfortunate things about always having a masked villain is you only have a very limited set of people it can realistically be, as it's almost always one of the core characters.

Guys do you watch a series if it is cancelled after one season?

Normally I dont because I think " where is the longevity and point in 1 season " .....I want to know any series has a future and if it doesnt then I think there is no reason getting attached to the plot or characters 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Normally I dont because I think " where is the longevity and point in 1 season " .....I want to know any series has a future and if it doesnt then I think there is no reason getting attached to the plot or characters 

Depends, was it a good series?

Let me put it this way, generally speaking I'd rather have 13 episodes of something I want to watch than 300 of one I don't.  Ideally those 13 episodes won't end on a cliffhanger (but it has happened).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Depends, was it a good series?

Let me put it this way, generally speaking I'd rather have 13 episodes of something I want to watch than 300 of one I don't.  Ideally those 13 episodes won't end on a cliffhanger (but it has happened).

Im glad you responded, I need your logic on this one because I am conflicted on why I get put off by one season series

Yes sometimes the season is awesome but thats the issue, I dont get to see where it ends and I end up  having unanswered questions which bugs me

For example Im watching Aftermath at the moment and  its excellent and Im on episode 6 but I see its been cancelled....and now I am not sure I want to carry on watching it? Do you think I should rather just focus on the fact Im enjoying it even if I will never know how it finally ends. For me the best series are the ones that have 4-6 seasons but then end at the right time like Dexter, Lost, Justified and Sons of Anarchy 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftermath_(2016_TV_series)

John Milton 

Lol, that's far too obvious Bruce.

FTR Aftermath is utter rubbish. Its plot, writing and acting is even less credible than someone claiming that Dexter and SoA ended at the right time. Do not watch unless you like SyFy movies and really want one that last 9 hours.

If you're not enjoying it - stop watching it.

If you are enjoying it - keep watching it.

That's my opinion.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Lol, that's far too obvious Bruce.

FTR Aftermath is utter rubbish. Its plot, writing and acting is even less credible than someone claiming that Dexter and SoA ended at the right time. Do not watch unless you like SyFy movies and really want one that last 9 hours.

I really am enjoying it, maybe my standards are low but I am enjoying all the supernatural aspects 

But it obviously wasn't very good hence the show being cancelled 

John Milton 

Heh. I feel old.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer aired for the first time on tv 20 years ago today.

Hollywood Reporter - Buffy at 20

There are two kinds of TV viewers: Those who love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and those who haven't seen it yet.

For those who have fallen in love with Joss Whedon's cult vampire hit, the memory of meeting Sarah Michelle Gellar's Buffy (and Mr. Pointy) are as vivid today as they were when it first premiered 20 years ago this week.

"The most formidable years of my life transition from teenager to adult were spent filming Buffy. I learned every day from the experience and from her," Gellar recently told The Hollywood Reporter.

To celebrate the show's 20th anniversary, THR set up a Sunnydale High reunion with 13 Buffy grads: stars James Marsters (Spike), Nicholas Brendon (Xander), Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia), Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn), Anthony Head (Giles), Emma Caulfield (Anya), Danny Strong (Jonathan), Amber Benson (Tara), Kristine Sutherland (Joyce) and Eliza Dushku (Faith) as well as exec producer Gail Berman and writer-directors David Greenwalt and David Fury.

Below, the stars and writers open up about the lessons they learned from the series, why it is still so beloved, how it altered the television landscape and crazy fan interactions and why there shouldn't be a reboot.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Started watching Legion tonight... I thought Logan was Fox trying out for the least superhero-movie superhero movie, but this is something off the rails altogether. Some proper Gillian/Gondry goodness going on so far.

It's really interesting, though - Fox seems to have really hit the nail on what made Deadpool the success it was, and are really going smartly about it: it's not about setting a new standard formula and having every superhero be bloody and wisecracking, but really about breaking the mold and trying new and interesting things out. First episode already has some pretty stunning sequences, proposes something that is definitely new for the superhero genre, and is all around interesting both in premise and aesthetically. Perhaps it does play its quirkiness a little too on its sleeve at times, and it isn't all perfect, but I welcome a thing like this in the genre.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Started watching Legion tonight... I thought Logan was Fox trying out for the least superhero-movie superhero movie, but this is something off the rails altogether. Some proper Gillian/Gondry goodness going on so far.

Im surprised you would watch this? I have heard its very racist and condescending towards South Americans?

Dont be a race hater .....remember the SJ code !!!   :cat:

John Milton 

What?

I read it on the Internet ? Isnt it true ?

John Milton