What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

All right, bought Halcion 6 and after playing it for 1,5 hours, I have subsequently refunded Halcion 6. It might get seriously brilliant later down the line, but I spent most of the time in combat which feels somewhat limited to me. It's not a bad game by any means and still intrigues me to some extent, but it just doesn't feel worth 17 EUR. That said, I'll probably grab it again on sale.

Edited by Fenixp

Just about to begin the final mission in Mankind Divided.  I'm playing more of a run-and-gun style this time, so it probably won't take as long to make my way through the level.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

He has a Killswitch?

Yep! You even have two chances if picking it up, apparently. There's so much missable content in this game I'm afraid it's never going to get the praise it deserves due to its shortcomings being a lot more obvious.
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

He has a Killswitch?

Yep! You even have two chances if picking it up, apparently. There's so much missable content in this game I'm afraid it's never going to get the praise it deserves due to its shortcomings being a lot more obvious.

I saw an e-mail about it, but I don't think I actually found its location.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Should I get Mordheim for 15 euro ?

Yes.  Immediately!  It's turn based, so waiting for your opponent can take time, but it runs in background so you can haunt these boards and whatnot also.  Not days or anything, but we're an impatient lot in our day and age.  The controls seems a little clunky sometimes.  The graphics aren't always pretty.  Don't matter.  Nothing captures the feel of the table top game better.  There are no saves, and the RNG is relentless.  Screw up and you live with the consequences or get a new war band.  Wish they'd do some FB or 40K games like this also.

It's tremendous fun.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Finished Deus Ex with the classic line. "Bob, you're not a god, you're just another Page in history."

Yyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Apologies.

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Finished Deus Ex with the classic line. "Bob, you're not a god, you're just another Page in history."

Apologies.

Been thinking about replaying it with the revision mod.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apologies.

Been thinking about replaying it with the revision mod.

I was thinking the same when I was looking at the modding scene after installation, but upon further study the GMDX mod seems more true to the game, while improving the mechanics and retaining the...atmosphere I guess you could say. Revision seems more like its own thing, trying to move away from the base game.

I'm very satisfied with my GMDX playthrough.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

VPQL4kj.jpg

Why is this (Russian?) game not on Steam nor GOG? I have a disc version but it uses Starforce so I can't replay it.

I remember that game, although I gave up on it quickly for some reason. I think it had stability issues

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Finished my second playthrough of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. 

I used the antidote on Miller, so he survived.  But when I got to the party, Brown and his guests were all dead.  I hope Miller remembers this next time I ask for vacation time.

The end credits didn't change much, other than mentioning the above.  I did get a mention this time of a break in for the Palisades bank.  The ending still feels incredibly unsatisfying.  They might as well have ended with a "To be continued ..." screen.

I've actually been playing some mobile games a lot. Fallout Shelter, Transformers: Earth Wars, and The Walking Dead: Road to Survival. TWD:RTS actually has the bones of a really good game if it was done on a larger scale without the freemium garbage. Base building, a campaign based on Woodbury after the Governor's death, etc. I would really like to see a AAA game with the same kind of premise. Story based Zombie apocalypse RPG with heavy emphasis on base building would be super cool. State of Decay and Dead State did ok, but State of Decay didn't have enough RP elements and the base building was too basic, Dead State was pretty light on story and the game style didn't really do a lot for the storytelling.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Damn, I want to replay the game too, but just thinking about slogging through all that hacking again... :/

You don't *have* to do a lot of hacking....

All the emails, all the terminals, all the missing xp from not hacking, etc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Frank Klepacki's still got it.

Both 8-bit Armies and 8-bit Hordes are a ton of fun, going back to relatively simple RTS games like Red Alert and Command and Conquer, condensed into a package of bite-sized fun. I'm enjoying campaigns of these games far more than I thought I would (especially for the Guardians faction of Armies and both factions of Hordes where mission design got somewhat improved.)

No you get XP bonuses for using passwords.

Thank G... Eidos Enix for that.

Satellite Reign.

I never got into the original syndicate but for what I know is one those micromanagement games, so is Satellite Reign. You can't fight well enough to save your life (literally), there is no pause menu and your characters have no AI. So you're force to stealth through large portions of enemy territory while micromanaging 4 characters at different portions of the map, hoping that no one will see you because a simple action like attacking the enemy is difficult to execute since the character AI can't defend from attackers or look for cover. It just stands there soaking bullets to the face.
So all in all it's like juggling eggs while walking an autistic kid around, you just gotta hope that the little ****er won't ruin it for you. 

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Damn, I want to replay the game too, but just thinking about slogging through all that hacking again... :/

You don't *have* to do a lot of hacking....

All the emails, all the terminals, all the missing xp from not hacking, etc.

Like Gorgon said, New Game+.  That way you don't have to worry about those extra XP you'll miss out on if you don't hack everything you see.

Thief Gold. The perfect stealth game, only matched by its own sequel and boasting unparalleled level design: A map that gives hints that one must extrapolate on and explore instead of being led by the nose. A design that is not insultingly simplified. An atmosphere that has not been matched by many titles at all. Coming back to Thief is always a pleasure and a welcome break from modern dumbing down.

• Like 2

Tea for the teapot!