What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

I just came across a side mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on my second play through that I didn't encounter in my first game.

I guess it pays to roam around the sewers.  I just came across it while I was moving through the sewers after completing the Neon drug side mission.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I just came across a side mission in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on my second play through that I didn't encounter in my first game.

I guess it pays to roam around the sewers.  I just came across it while I was moving through the sewers after completing the Neon drug side mission.

Out of curiosity, which mission was it?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Played a couple of missions with my witch hunters. so far so good, but miss my sisters.

That sound very close to being heresy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Finished Mankind Divided...

I get that the Orchid is probably supposed to be some prototypical Gray Death, but the Illumanati's plans seem overly elaborate to engineer a new biological weapon for the purpose of killing the Santaeu Group delegation when cyanide-laced champagne or the company of black operators disguised as ARC could have sufficed for their ends

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Embarrassingly enough, I believe it's listed as SM02.  The one where that dude has a bunch of followers and you can't use your aug persuasion ability in that room you first enter and speak to him.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Embarrassingly enough, I believe it's listed as SM02.  The one where that dude has a bunch of followers and you can't use your aug persuasion ability in that room you first enter and speak to him.

Totally missed that one.

village_idiot.gif

Just finished Mankind Divided, and now I am stuck on the end credits. So I figure it is a good time to share my thought. Simply put, I enjoyed it. Great gameplay, good level design, and decent storytelling. It scratched that B&E itch we all have. My only complaints would be the long loading times. The game ran well on my laptop, which is less than two years old, but there were some performance issues.

The ending was a bit abrupt, but it did feel like a bridge game. I imagine the next one will wrap up the Jensen mysteries.

I didn't kill anyone and it felt great. :)

• Like 4

General performance was a bit spotty, usually can run MSAAx2 just fine but am going without it for now. Will be interesting to see when DX12 is properly supported if it makes much difference. Load times though seemed very good to me, which is just as well because the end of the first mission would have broken me completely otherwise. Having to hit spacebar every time is annoying though.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Just finished Mankind Divided, and now I am stuck on the end credits. So I figure it is a good time to share my thought. Simply put, I enjoyed it. Great gameplay, good level design, and decent storytelling. It scratched that B&E itch we all have. My only complaints would be the long loading times. The game ran well on my laptop, which is less than two years old, but there were some performance issues.

The ending was a bit abrupt, but it did feel like a bridge game. I imagine the next one will wrap up the Jensen mysteries.

I didn't kill anyone and it felt great. :)

I started killing when the game got closer to the end. For me, especially in the beginning, it never felt "appropriate" to kill. You never deal with people who seriously deserve it. Later when stuff went more downhill, I got a little bit fed up and finally used the classic revolver here and there... (which was super fun, by the way. Sending them baddies flying with one hit in the chest or head).

Still, I think there is way too much hacking in this game. The minigame simply isn't good, fun and versatile enough to justify being thrown at me once every 5 minutes. This also is the reason why I can't really get myself to replay the game now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I had chop in the unskippable cutscene after the first mission, after that the odd texture popping, I would open a locker and there would be nothing, then look again and there would be pickups, probably why most of the lockers took you directly to an inventory menu. One time I had a prolonge dialouge with an invisible NPC.

Load times were fine for me, I never messed with the settings. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Ah, the brainwashing guy, that was a fun side mission.  I'd go so far as to say the side missions are the best part of the game.  The Harvester questline was excellent.  

The same mission is in the first game, they even ask you what version you are. I mean homage is all well and fine, but more or less doing the same thing ?. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Ah, the brainwashing guy, that was a fun side mission.  I'd go so far as to say the side missions are the best part of the game.  The Harvester questline was excellent.  

The same mission is in the first game, they even ask you what version you are. I mean homage is all well and fine, but more or less doing the same thing ?. 

Huh, well I played the original 15 years ago, so I can't really say I noticed much repetition.

A funny bit near the end...

Was anyone else yelling at their screen about the champagne?  It was like a horror movie where someone says "I'll be right back" and you know they are going to die.  Put the champagne down?  Did Jensen not include in his debriefing the fact that Orchid was being used in the Champagne when he was in the Alps?  Silliness.  :p

• Like 1

I got the 'good' ending. Don't actually know if there is another outcome. It seemed like a dilemma at the end but it turned out not to matter. I wonder if there was a secret timer and if it mattered that I got to the delegates fast. Maybe you can only **** it up by not trying to stop the bomb ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Yeah, the side missions were more fun.  I think it was because you tended to have to solve problems with them, whereas the main missions were basically straight forward about accomplishing a specific task.

In other words, the side missions could have twists and turns, whereas the main mission you pretty much knew what you were getting in to.

Yeah, I got there before they drank, so I assume that is the good ending.  I was not able to take out all the guards in the hall before Marchenko noticed me, I got 8/11.  I tried it a couple different ways, but it was pretty tricky.  Seemed like a lot was going on, I wonder if you can save your boss?  

Yeah, I got there before they drank, so I assume that is the good ending.  I was not able to take out all the guards in the hall before Marchenko noticed me, I got 8/11.  I tried it a couple different ways, but it was pretty tricky.  Seemed like a lot was going on, I wonder if you can save your boss?  

I took out 11/11.  It didn't seem to change anything.

Still WoW a little bit

It's making me want to play LOTRO again so I think I'll fire that up. I wish I could combine the best things I like about WoW with it though because there are some things that I really like that WoW does well. If It could I'd also add companions and maybe a couple of other things from SWTOR too  if I was franken-designing the game

Free games updated 3/4/21

You really need to build a character for casting if you want to use magic in Mordheim. My Purifier hurls spells as if there was no tomorrow. But she has a Sigmarite Warhammer to reduce wrath chance and mastered the skill for it as well. Ideally I should have her with a helmet that reduces it further, but I gave her an extended spell range enchantment instead.

You do want to get it to a point though where your first spell per turn is almost "free". A wrath chance of 5% is a good gamble.

Yeah, my mother superior and main purifier have maxed devotion. Everything is put into casting with maxed comets and healing circles. This scenario even Bertha has a 50% wrath chance after her first or second spell. It's really making life tough. If I could do it again, I'd try to get the ogre stuck somewhere and douse him with oil bombs. All said, we're doing okay. Most people have over half health and the reinforcements tend to be pretty weak.

How do you like the witch hunting crowd? Tried it, but had a weird feel. Might give it another shot. Maybe mercenary. Can't stand the demonic bunch and not keen on skaven. Will say that the skaven are the biggest pain for the sisters because of the powerful AoE range going on. For direct range damage, nothing compares to maxed comets with high intelligence and good casting skills. Probably mercs, good chance for witch hunters, small chance I choose skaven next.

Odd, after the early game, where Skaven really were a threat, I can't say Skaven gave me much issues. Granted I tend to keep my Warband together. I meann, sure they hurt, but they go down so easily to the sheer attack power of the Sisters that they are hardly a threat. The Cult of the Possessed otoh can really dish out the pain and can take quite the beating as well making them the more dangerous opponents in my book (having a bunch of units that tend to ignore parry is another one that really hurts my composition).

Anyway, working my way through New Game Plus in Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, still playing on normal so missions are generally a snoozefest, but I want to kill Death on normal before moving on to Hard Mode, so I can then run like a little girl when I see him...

Edited by marelooke

Had a good twist at the end.

My vote goes for 0101101000, that crazy guy was one of my favorite characters in the game.

village_idiot.gif

You can save him, but you have to have chosen to do the bank break in rather than go for the bomb maker. If you do the bank, its possible to get more info on the Orchid and find an antidote for it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Skaven swarmed my archer Zealot and tore him to pieces. The rest of the witch hunters then hacked and bashed the rats into wyrdstone dust, but the Zealot is dead. And he had just maxed his ballistic skill... Oh well, ce'st la Mordheim.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Apparently story DLC for Mankind Divided (part of my digital deluxe edition) will drop on the 23rd of this month, with the next one in 2017. At least I can move the game off my SSD for at least a few months until that next story DLC comes after I finish that first one.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling