What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

I might switch over to Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness later, since I hear that one's fairly short.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can't remember a game that has pissed me off so thoroughly as Mordheim. Rat bastards. Even though I have won all but one mission, it's irritating as hell. I've decided to do what that one bloke said about not taking missions where I can't keep my people together. Great fun anyway.

I'd offer to charge you, but given your Warband's likely medical expenses I doubt it'd be worth it ;)

That isn't said just by that one bloke. It is the standard advise you'll get on any Mordheim forum by anyone with triple digit hours of game time :)

A few very bad beating drove that message home for me for sure.

Anyway, been playing some Divinity: Original Sin 2 and it's been great so far. I should note that I haven't touched the EE of the first game, so all my comparisons are to the "classic" version.

The new spell/skill system is a massive improvement (you now have limited capacity to "equip" skills of various levels, D&D wizard spellbook like. No more losing spells when you remove them to never find the spellbook again...). The new UI is also a huge improvement over the one from the first game.

I also like how the game just strands you on an island with only the knowledge that you were "Source sensitive" and zero instructions on what to do next. Love their take on the elfs as well they remind me of the Guild Wars 2 plant people whose name I can't quite recall at the moment. Also your origin quite clearly has an effect on other characters. Will be interesting to see how the story develops. Dialogues also seem more "serious" than previously.

Character creation needs work though (it's alpha, so what do you expect :)), i just picked some  origin "properties" sort of randomly based on their names as no descriptions were available.

Makes me actually want to push through the first game now...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

I'm toying around finally playing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. I was pissed at how ****ty the port was and how much work I have to put in to make it function (and still look like ass) because the developer couldn't be bothered to do it properly. If I make my Dual Shock 2 work in the game I might swallow my PC master race pride and get on with it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm toying around finally playing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die. I was pissed at how ****ty the port was and how much work I have to put in to make it function (and still look like ass) because the developer couldn't be bothered to do it properly. If I make my Dual Shock 2 work in the game I might swallow my PC master race pride and get on with it.

DO EET

One of the most fun games I've played the last few years was Metal Gear Rising, a console game through and through. Good thing I kept my PS2-USB converter from back when I used to do PES5 marathons with my friends, because playing with KB/M was just painful. Swallowing my PC Master Race pride never felt so good, tbh.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, I'm in luck, sort of. The PS2 pad works perfectly with no setup required. And that could almost be considered a blessing because its impossible to change its binds - it simply doesn't react in the binds menu at all. But in game it works, with its default config.

However there is one thing that's bizzare. Can anyone confirm that the right analog camera control uses a weird axis? Like, if I try pulling the stick straight up or down the camera shifts diagonally and in that direction, as if I was pressing a diagonal instead of a cardinal direction.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I left WoW again and am back to LOTRO

Might check out DDO and STO again too but I think I'll skip Rift and Neverwinter this "try previous MMOs" cycle

Is DC Universe Online still around? Should give that another go

Or not since NBA2K17 early access begins tomorrow

Free games updated 3/4/21

Got it sorted out. Damn that was a chore. But now it all works and I'm being successfully raped by level 1 reassembling skeletons. 

I guess its a glorious moment for them so they're overcompensating as they never actually kill anything in any other game.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Huh, I don't know. I thought I read somewhere that it had been folded in during a server crunch of yore. Cool that its still around. I wonder if any of my old homie's are..

WoW has never done a server crunch, I suspect because it's the kind of thing that looks bad from a marketing perspective. There are some extremely depopulated servers out there, but the solution they've gone with is "connected realms" where you're nominally on separate servers, but can see and interact with people on one to three different servers and share the same AH. Azjol-Nerub is connected with Khaz Modan, so you could potentially see someone called "Gfted-Khaz Modan" running around.

That said, my opinion of Legion is fairly lukewarm compared to most. I'm not done levelling yet, but the experience so far is pretty much a rerun of the previous expansion. Not necessarily a bad thing given WoD started off strong, but nothing that would necessarily suggest this expansion will turn out better, other than promises we don't yet know will be fulfilled.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Resident Evil 0.

Damn, this is survival horror for real. It is pretty challenging even on normal difficulty. 

Hated the inventory shuffle so much back in the days that I am done with this thing for ever and ever.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Aside, just heard that there was a pretty spectacular rooster-up with WoW's loot algorithm. If you already had a piece of "legendary" loot, you were more likely to obtain further pieces of other legendary loot. Rich get richer, and all that. It all started as a conspiracy theory with the usual dismissal of "random loot is random" etc, but it turned out to be true and they've got themselves in quite the bind, especially as the increased chance is apparently very significant. Something like less than a quarter of the eligible playerbase having one, but of those who do have at least one, a clear majority of them have more than one.

We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur.

From a programming perspective, you'd suspect they silently had a system to either increase the chance for people who had yet to get one, or one to reduce the chance for someone who already own one. This is why you need to quickly learn to differentiate '<' from '>' kids. :p

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, ironically it was the code they used for bad luck protection that gave some people extremely good luck.

Would only return to WoW in order to raid. No time to raid ergo no time to WoW. Still miss raiding, especially the Lich King and the one right after that, but it wasn't a hobby. It was an occupation.

There's casual raiding guilds, you know? With flex mode it's easy to just have a team of 10 core raiders and have like 20 people who join whenever they want. I mean, you might not do great but it's there.

DC Universe is a bit of a mess under Daybreak, the new owners.  It really pushes the microtransactions.  

edit:  Try Wildstar.  It's f2p now.  

I hated Wildstar, the UI was just too awful. Spent about 20 levels going absolutely crazy trying to figure out what to do. On the plus side, the dungeons I did were fantastic and the ability telegraphing system was cool.

That said, my opinion of Legion is fairly lukewarm compared to most. I'm not done levelling yet, but the experience so far is pretty much a rerun of the previous expansion. Not necessarily a bad thing given WoD started off strong, but nothing that would necessarily suggest this expansion will turn out better, other than promises we don't yet know will be fulfilled.

There's an end-game questing zone and it's the best zone WoW's ever had. Thoroughly enjoy it. Between that and the Mythic+ system coming out next tuesday, it's got freaking endgame that's not raiding. It's fantastic!

Yeah, Wildstar is weird.  There is some stuff that it does very well, and I think it is worth a spin for any MMO fans, but I also had trouble sticking with it longer than a month.  They did improve it quite a bit since release.  It's easier to jump into.

I used to play this super hero game called, I think, city of heroes. Then they had city of villains. Hugely entertaining, but then I went to WoW and only had time for one online game. Then had no time.

As to TrueNeutral, I agree, but it's still such a timesink to play. Loved my experiences, tho. Brilliant! I still remember the first time we defeated the Lich King. Actually pretty good cut scene also.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Would only return to WoW in order to raid. No time to raid ergo no time to WoW. Still miss raiding, especially the Lich King and the one right after that, but it wasn't a hobby. It was an occupation.

There's casual raiding guilds, you know? With flex mode it's easy to just have a team of 10 core raiders and have like 20 people who join whenever they want. I mean, you might not do great but it's there.

Yeah, it's great because I can take lengthy hiatuses these days and not have to wonder whether everything will collapse while I'm gone. I play less than half the amount I used to at WoW's peak but having had taken breaks of 1 year (second half of WoD) and 2.5 years (the end of Cataclysm and the entirety of Pandas) I can resubscribe anytime and the core of my old guild - one I had co-founded back in 2007 - will still be there.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G