What are you playing right now?

Yeah, and if you don't have any disable magic like Sleep yet... :wacko:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So I ventured into The Division's Dark Zone (oooOOOoooOOOhhh) today at level 25. It ended up putting me in a zone for 25-29 level players.

It was.. weird. And difficult. Either my equipment sucks for my level or the game is designed to be played with friends from here on after. Almost every enemy I met in the zone was level 26+ and fully armoured. If they ran up to me, I could empty an entire clip into them and they'd just keep on running without flinching and only loosing maybe half their armour. Then, when I had to reload, they'd kill me with two or three shots.

I could handle three, maybe four of them. But the game throws 11 at you, all attacking from different directions.

When I finally managed to kill something and gather a little loot, I went to an extraction point. Not only does it spawn an endless amount of enemies while you wait to be extracted, there was also a level 29 dude killing everyone there. He just waited there the entire time I played and killed/looted people trying to extract.

I managed to become level 12 or 13 in the zone, but I'm not sure I had fun doing it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Your weapons are bad. But don't worry- play a while in the DZ and you'll get much better equipment. Of course, the DZ is also made for playing *with* other people. Going solo always makes it more difficult (and less fun, imo).

The DZ is also level locked- if you reach level x, you will automatically connect to the next higher DZ instance, and so on.

If you see some extraction point as "blocked", you might want to move to a different one. There are quite a few around (I think at least two per sector).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

X-Men Legends 2 for PS2. I bought it back when I realized I really liked Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and never really played it until now.

I also gave Marvel Heroes a shot because some people tried claiming it's like Ultimate Alliance. They were liars. Already deleted it after 30 minutes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I ventured into The Division's Dark Zone (oooOOOoooOOOhhh) today at level 25. It ended up putting me in a zone for 25-29 level players.

It was.. weird. And difficult. Either my equipment sucks for my level or the game is designed to be played with friends from here on after. Almost every enemy I met in the zone was level 26+ and fully armoured. If they ran up to me, I could empty an entire clip into them and they'd just keep on running without flinching and only loosing maybe half their armour. Then, when I had to reload, they'd kill me with two or three shots.

I could handle three, maybe four of them. But the game throws 11 at you, all attacking from different directions.

When I finally managed to kill something and gather a little loot, I went to an extraction point. Not only does it spawn an endless amount of enemies while you wait to be extracted, there was also a level 29 dude killing everyone there. He just waited there the entire time I played and killed/looted people trying to extract.

I managed to become level 12 or 13 in the zone, but I'm not sure I had fun doing it.

And those are the exact reasons I hated playing the PvP parts of The Division.

I also had the added bonus of having to deal with major lag.  So imagine your frustrations, then magnify them by having to deal with 3 to 5 second delays between you taking a shot and the shot actually registering.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finished the Rage of Demons expansion for Sword Coast Legends.  It was... disappointing.  Keep in mind that this expansion was free, so in terms of content to price ratio there's nothing to complain about.  That said, the quality of the expansion is significantly lower than that of the base game, not that the base game was anything to write home about, though I'm one of the few people that enjoyed it.  Still, I was hoping for a little more than this.  First off, the positives.  The expansion introduces a new class and race, the Warlock and Tieflings, respectively.  The two are obviously meant to go together as Tieflings get a bonus to charisma and Warlocks are a charisma-based class.  It's a fun class to play, essentially a less focused mage with slightly better weapon combat ability.  Tiefling would be a cool race to play if the game ever reacted to your race and allowed you to role play it, granted the expansion takes place in the Underdark, and if there's any place people wouldn't bat an eye at a Tiefling, that's probably it.  There's really no room for role playing of any kind in the game.  You generally don't get any dialogue choices other than bog standard good character.  You almost never even get to make a snide remark, which, sadly, is the extent you get to play "evil" in all too many RPGs.  There is a bit of choice in the expansion, as it opens up with a side questline that allows you to finger or clear a character.  You also get the choice of aligning yourself with one of 3 factions: Drow, Duergar, or Zhentarim.  Ultimately, the choice makes no difference, aside from whom you'll fight as enemies in one of the side quests.  You can do the main quest or side quests in whatever order you like, other than that, the game is linear.  All the dialogue is uninspired, as are the characters.  There are no new companions, one new hub area, and a few generic dungeons.  It's not even 1/3 the length of the base game, which isn't an issue given the price ($0), but the expansion just sort of ends suddenly.  It's never a good sign when my reaction is "Wait, that's it?" as the credits roll.  Granted, the final boss is a worthy opponent, but the game implies a greater enemy that you never get to so much as sniff.  I suppose that leaves room for a second expansion.  However, given the reception and performance of SCL, I highly doubt we'll ever see it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I imagine that's all the developers managed before they went out of business. The fact that Rage of Demons even got released was a surprise, as it was after the developer closed, and the publisher hadn't exactly been communicative about what was happening with the game/expansion.

Hopefully someday soon the price will drop to $5 and I'll pick it up (yes, I know it's been $7-$8 recently, but I said I'd buy it when it was $5 and I'm sticking by that.)

It's important to stick to your principles! Especially in times like these...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

DZ is not worth it. You're better of completing the SP portion of the game then if anything do coop missions and incursions. Also do those wanted bounties and what not. Completing those quest chains gives you end game-ish loot as well.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I decided to buy one of the few N64 games available on the Wii U virtual console library so I went for Sin & Punishment.

Controls definitely need some getting used to.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

So I ventured...

And those are the exact reasons I hated playing the PvP parts of The Division.

I also had the added bonus of having to deal with major lag.  So imagine your frustrations, then magnify them by having to deal with 3 to 5 second delays between you taking a shot and the shot actually registering.

So I ventured ...

DZ is not worth it. You're better of completing the SP portion of the game then if anything do coop missions and incursions. Also do those wanted bounties and what not. Completing those quest chains gives you end game-ish loot as well.

Well, I finished the main game and reached level 30. Then I went back into the Dark Zone with my level 15 equipment.. and all of a sudden the enemies died like flies. I basically roamed around in there undisturbed for a few hours, occasionally extracting stuff, and I'm now up to level 159 equipment. Which is funny because now I'm placed in a slot of level 0-160 players.. I don't feel very threatened anymore.

As I was walking around the zone I ran into some named enemy, level 32. He had a lot of companions and the fight was tough. All of a sudden a trio of other players start shooting at him from the other side and we make quick work of him. Then they invite me to their group. Usually I always turn down any group requests, but for some reason I didn't do that this time. Turns out the trio all had mics (I don't).. and they were all french girls having a blast together. I hung around with them for an hour or so. I didn't understand a word they said, but they were hollering and shrieking and laughing so much that it was fun anyhow.

One thing is weird. I see all these players with equipment level 240-250, but the best equipment that ever dropped for me was level 163. So if I don myself in all level 163 gear, I'll still be almost 100 levels lower than them. I'm guessing equipment of that level doesn't drop from solo raids, or?

WoW, making a push on my 9th lvl 100 (ok, one boost to 100, two to 90 and 1 to 58). Am 97.4 and still in Talador, huzzah.

Door kickers is great. I still hate that embassy mission though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ok, I don't understand The Division. I found my first green item in the Dark Zone today (yay!), but.. There were three guys in there ganged up, moving from extraction point to extraction point, killing everyone (aww). For some reason I'm now in the 161-200 bracket, and all these guys were 193 and up (I'm still 159).

There is no defense to this. It doesn't matter how much I try to hide or how well I play. I stand absolutely no chance. As soon as someone tries to extract, they see it, there's a timer on the actual extraction move so all they have to do is stand somewhere close to the rope and kill you. No penalties, no difficulty, just pure win. As soon as they kill you, they can take what you dropped, attach it to the rope and get free stuff. There's no way you have any chance to try to reclaim it because it's usually at least a minute's walk back to the extraction point.

Even if you manage to kill one of them, they can revive each other. If they don't do that, the two others can just keep you at bay until the third respawns and comes back to kill you again.

The Dark Zone is fun for the challenge of the enemies, and it's fun to co-op with other players. It just feels like the challenge of the NPC's is great enough that when you finally beat something difficult, it shouldn't be possible to walk away completely empty handed. I think I actually lost experience/credits today (not sure). I didn't extract anything. Not exactly a great gaming experience.

Yeah, that one is nasty - with two separate hostages or groups under the gun and one with a timer.   I've failed at that one at least a dozen times already but I'm going to give it another go.  I think I have it figured out - FINALLY.   

snip

As I understand, there's not much more to it than the Dark Zone and the later game content in general sucking, and that's why it's basically dead (relatively speaking) on PC, and why it flipped from initially having good user reviews to having poor ones. I have not personally played the game, but that is my understanding of why it wasn't much liked beyond its initial release.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Yeah, the incentive to keep playing as a loner kind of disappears when the odds are so stacked against you. Maybe that green thing was an item of better than 163 quality.. but then I just think about how many of those I will need to find before I find anything I can actually use (I always get lots of shotguns, which I don't use). And then how many times I will have to try that extraction game before I can get any of those rare drops out. No thanks..

Are there other ways of getting better equipment? Right now I'm kind of stuck at level 163 since I haven't had anything greater than that drop. I tried an incursion, but the enemies in there were so above me that I ran out of ammo after killing two of them.

The guide I'm reading on reddit for "how to obtain high end gear quickly and efficiently" is for a previous patch (it's specifically labeled "pre-1.1", so I assume it's no longer working). The subreddit for the game is not quite dead, but...yeah, I got nothing, especially seeing as how, again, I haven't actually ever played it. Sorry! :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

Yeah, that one is nasty - with two separate hostages or groups under the gun and one with a timer. I've failed at that one at least a dozen times already but I'm going to give it another go. I think I have it figured out - FINALLY.

I had to wait until I got some suppressed weapons and did it with pointmen. Wish I could just do it Russian style and storm the place and who lives lives :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the early access part of Ghost of a Tale. Apparently I spend about 7.5 hours in game. I replayed a few sections. I ran around lost a bit. I tried and retried some bits. I think I missed some stuff for a side-quest. As this is around a quarter of the expected content, I guess the final game length will be around 12-15 hours, depending on whether the game adds stupid boss fights (no combat so far) or tricky jumping puzzles down the road. So far there has been one big "choice" - it will be interesting to see how that affects things.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well, I escaped with my first green item just now. Kind of a.. letdown. I was expecting it to be much better than what I currently have, but I'm not even going to use it. If I can get three pieces of a set, then it becomes powerful (something about healing, which is sorely needed in this game). At least it was level 214 so theoretically I could increase my equipment level slightly.

Yeah, that one is nasty - with two separate hostages or groups under the gun and one with a timer. I've failed at that one at least a dozen times already but I'm going to give it another go. I think I have it figured out - FINALLY.

I had to wait until I got some suppressed weapons and did it with pointmen. Wish I could just do it Russian style and storm the place and who lives lives :p

I just completed it with 2 pointmen w/ M1911s and 2 stealth w/ MP7s (suppressed) and a crap ton of flash bangs.   Got 3 stars in under 1:30 (kind of slow I think).  Just a tough mission (at least for me).   I'm NOT going to try to improve on the time.  :biggrin:     I'm taking my three stars and calling it a day.  

​