US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

^ But did she? I remember reading back in 2015 that, if she had actually deleted stuff, or even failed to preserve it, given that it was subpoenaed, she (or, more likely, some hapless fall guy) might have been charged with obstruction, which is serious bad news, and easier to deal with for the prosecution than gross negligence. Eventually the IT firm that handled matters for her backtracked and said they didn't have knowledge of anything being deleted and handed everything over.

I haven't since seen anything else regarding obstruction of justice so I guess she was just stalling for time or something.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

^ But did she? I remember reading back in 2015 that, if she had actually deleted stuff, or even failed to preserve it, given that it was subpoenaed, she (or, more likely, some hapless fall guy) might have been charged with obstruction, which is serious bad news, and easier to deal with for the prosecution than gross negligence. Eventually the IT firm that handled matters for her backtracked and said they didn't have knowledge of anything being deleted and handed everything over.

I haven't since seen anything else regarding obstruction of justice so I guess she was just stalling for time or something.

The FBI confirmed she did destroy data that was the property of the US Government. Now they are operating on the supposition that is was not done deliberately. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm still in agreement with Gromnir that a conviction would be a long odds outcome on this case. And prosecutors will make effort vs. reward judgements. However the more Comey says the more I'm beginning to believe that the recommendation of the FBI might have been preordained and it would have taken a hell of a lot for them to recommend seeking an indictment. Meaning Hillary was never in any danger.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In other news one of Hillary Clinton's pledged super-delegates has just been indicted for fraud. Her and some of her... associates... set up a non profit fund to raise money for scholarships for minority college students. Then she used her political influence to solicit donations to the charity in return for favors in and from Congress. They took in nearly $1M and.... here is the good part.... kept it all! That's right. The took that money and put it in their own bank accounts. Such an honorable lot these Democrats. 

But in case some of you are starting to worry, I wouldn't. She will never see the inside of a jail. Not while her political party is controlling the law-enforcement and justice apparatus of the Federal Government. The US Attorney will no doubt drag their feet until after the election when this whole thing will be quietly scuttled. And if Hillary loses then Obama will no doubt pardon her on the way out the door. The old Potomac Two Step. On and on it goes.

Like I said, no matter how evil, corrupt, or venal the act is, democrats don't eat their own. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/us-rep-corrine-brown-indicted-on-fraud-charges/nrtmS/

Thomas Sowell

5H5Q5d.png

Bonus:

db7ffb8e4d.png

Let the healing begin.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bonus:

Let the healing begin.

And that's why Donald will be USA new president.

Sharp_One is comes as no surprise to me that you are a Trump supporter, in fact I would have bet money on it  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

(image)

Bonus:

(image)

Let the healing begin.

And that's why Donald will be USA new president.

almost 25k likes for trump?  golly. one wonders how many o' the legion o' social media followers will actually drag themselves to the polls to vote.

as an aside, we believe that more consideration o' blm complaints is a good thing, though not for obvious reasons.  how many Decades did it take for a commercial plane crash to ever be caught on film? were actual conspiracy theorists that claimed that plane crashes were a myth being created as some kinda cover-up precisely 'cause there were never any filming o' the crashes.  'course with the advent o' cell phones with camera and video capture, we got sudden get loads o' plane crash video.  is not that plane crashes sudden increased.

up until two years ago, violent crime, all violent crimes, were decreasing in frequency in the USA.  such decreases included police shootings and responding attacks 'pon police.  is a good thing that we no longer need wait to read 'bout such violence in our local news papers the day following events.  perhaps a few o' the national outlets carried such news o' police related violence as well?  regardless, 'cause we weren't seeing such police-related violences, it weren't part o' our consciousness.  today we get news much faster, and every time an arrest is made in public, crowds pull out their cell phones.  every time a 300 lb minority man (or woman) is wrestled to the ground while Resisting arrest and becomes injured in the process, we got people marching in the streets o' philadelphia and dallas. in spite of the significant overall decrease in violent crimes in this country, there is instead a perception o' an epidemic o' such.  as such, blm is not significant because it makes us aware o' widespread violence being perpetrated 'gainst minorities.

however, blm is meaningful, and hilary clinton is correct that more attention need be paid to african american concerns.  that being said, is not the voiced concerns o' blm that we should worry 'bout most, though such concerns cannot be ignored either.  yeah, listen to the complaints, but the actual reason to listen is to be hearing the widespread anger, fear, and hopelessness.  regardless of 'ethnic background, lower income families and individuals were disproportionate hurt by the economic downturn.  we posted elsewhere that new jobs created since the economy has improved has gone almost exclusive to people with at least some level of college education.  there has been no economic recovery for a large % of our african american population.  the highly educated immigrants from nigeria is doing fantastic in the USA-- those african americans is living the american dream.  too few.

blm is not actual revealing an epidemic o' police violence directed at african americans.  until ferguson, such violence had been steadily decreasing.  unfortunately, there is now greater fear and anger o' police than ever before.  the police is scared too.  in places such as chicago where we has seen recent spikes in violence o' all types, cops, in part as a reaction to blm, has been less willing to do their freaking jobs. 

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/11/469974819/chicago-murder-rate-spikes-less-aggressive-policing-blamed

there is a problem.  as a nation we need to listen.  unfortunately, we thinks we is missing the real message hidden in all the noise from both sides o' the debate.  blm. black lives do matter.  is not cops that actual threaten the ordinary black citizen.  there is a systemic flaw that is growing worse in this country, a flaw that makes it prohibitive difficult for those without to get more.  no home ownership. no career. no hope.  

the police stuff we see on tv and internet is terrible.  we need listen.  we need education o' cops that failure o' the "attitude test" is not a legit reason to punish citizens.  we need educate some segments o' our minority population that when confronted by an armed police officer who could be racist or simple having a bad day, the smart response is Not to become aggressive or confrontational-- you ain't a punk for following the instructions o' an armed policeman. etc. *sigh* unfortunately, by focusing on the problem(s) o' police violence, we once again take our eye of the real problems faced by many US citizens today. poverty. fear. hopelessness.  

get folks jobs and homes and a freaking future.  so many o' these other issues will disappear if we were to find a way to give all american citizens real hope that tomorrow will be better than today.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

OK, I'm just going to say it. It irritates the living s--t out of me to hear people say there is no opportunity to advance themselves. Not saying that is what Gromnir is talking about but I'm hearing far too much about the poor wretches and the hopeless poverty of their lives. I grew up in what might be called poverty. We lived in used mobile home, with some land and a second hand car my parents shared. My father was a dump truck driver and they year I graduated high school he made about $25k. That was just above poverty in those days. I wanted to go to college but my grades weren't good enough for scholarships and my parents were just barely getting by and could not help. That is something I know upset them. So I joined the military and used the benefits they offered to get my degree. I wanted something and did what had to be done to get it. After getting out I started a business, it failed. I started another, it failed. I ran for political office, that failed. I got a job at AT&T, was laid off in downsizing. I moved to a different state and took another job. Then I started another business and it was an unqualified success. I started with nothing. I went dead broke several time along the way but you just have to get up and keep working. My entire professional life is a story about setbacks but dammit all you can do it work through them. No one owes you a living. You have to make that yourself. 

If there are no jobs where you are either make one for yourself or go where the jobs are. If education is holding you back then fix it. Adult education and vocational training is free in most states. For Gods sake all you have to do is enroll and show up regularly. If you want to go to college then go. Every city in America has a Community College and their degrees are every bit as accredited as Vanderbilt University. You might have to take a job you don't want to pay bills while you are doing that. Just DO it. You grind whatever grist the mill requires.

If you are on public assistance then use it wisely and use the time you are on it to take advantage of that free education I just mentioned. If you can't cover your expenses don't spend money on vices. Don't buy crap you can't afford. And for gods sake stay away from drugs and crime. Because if you touch either of those you ARE going to end up involved with the police. That is EXACTLY what you are signing up for, so no bitching when it happens. 

There is plenty of opportunity to be had by everyone in this country. There are plenty of Federal, State, and local government programs to help beyond food stamps and welfare. But they require someone to WORK. Sometimes work hard and sacrifice. There are many who can't because of age or infirmities. That's fine, those are the people public assistance is for. But if you can do what is required to improve your life and choose not to, kindly STFU. You don't get to bitch.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

"So will Kim Kardashian be his running mate?  You know, since twitter popularity is obviously important in the election."

Let me guess. You want the pro rapist in the WH, right? I guess being pro rapist is important.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"So will Kim Kardashian be his running mate?  You know, since twitter popularity is obviously important in the election."

Let me guess. You want the pro rapist in the WH, right? I guess being pro rapist is important.

Volo you not suggesting Kim Kardashian is a rapist are you?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Are you speaking Trump or Clinton now?  Because of according to media scoops that is something that fits both of them.

• Like 1

I'm still in agreement with Gromnir that a conviction would be a long odds outcome on this case. And prosecutors will make effort vs. reward judgements. However the more Comey says the more I'm beginning to believe that the recommendation of the FBI might have been preordained and it would have taken a hell of a lot for them to recommend seeking an indictment. Meaning Hillary was never in any danger.

And she stated as much unequivocally, "No chance I'll get indicted."

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Thought it was obvious Kim Kardashian was a rapist.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Thought it was obvious Kim Kardashian was a rapist.

First time I would heard of it

John Milton 

I'd turn her down. I always though Khloe was the good looking one. But I liked her better before she lost the weight. 

Thomas Sowell

I'd turn her down. I always though Khloe was the good looking one. But I liked her better before she lost the weight. 

GD how would you address this type of racism? Watch the video

https://www.jacarandafm.com/shows/the-complimentary-breakfast-with-rian-van-heerden/sodwana-bay-guest-house-owner-refuses-apologise-racist-comments/

John Milton 

https://www.jacarandafm.com/shows/the-complimentary-breakfast-with-rian-van-heerden/sodwana-bay-guest-house-owner-refuses-apologise-racist-comments/

I'm not GD, but I'll answer anyway. What exactly is the problem? They don't approve of race mixing, so what? Is there more to this story I'm missing?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm not GD, but I'll answer anyway. What exactly is the problem? They don't approve of race mixing, so what? Is there more to this story I'm missing?

They basically said " in the bible its clearly stated black people are inferior to white people "...and they refused to allow any black people to stay at there guest house 

John Milton 

"Are you mentally sane?"  :lol:

That reporter's comment sums it up perfectly. And I'd tell him he needs to read that bible a little closer. Especially part where Jesus said "This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you."

Thomas Sowell