US Election 2016, part II

Meshugger

I'm not GD, but I'll answer anyway. What exactly is the problem? They don't approve of race mixing, so what? Is there more to this story I'm missing?

They basically said " in the bible its clearly stated black people are inferior to white people "...and they refused to allow any black people to stay at there guest house 

Again, who cares what they think? As for the guest house, do people have some kind of right to the guest house?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I'm not GD, but I'll answer anyway. What exactly is the problem? They don't approve of race mixing, so what? Is there more to this story I'm missing?

They basically said " in the bible its clearly stated black people are inferior to white people "...and they refused to allow any black people to stay at there guest house 

Again, who cares what they think? As for the guest house, do people have some kind of right to the guest house?

Yes but you cant deny people services based on there race and they werent allowing black people to stay there...this would be illegal in the USA I'm sure?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is that Guest House some kind of hotel or rental property? If so and he's refusing to rent to a black person, well I don't know how it works there but in the US they would become VERY familiar with the inside of a courtroom. But if it's his own house not a commercial property who gives a s--t what they think.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yes but you cant deny people services based on there race and they werent allowing black people to stay there...this would be illegal in the USA I'm sure?

like I said it that is a commercial property they would be facing criminal charges as well as a lawsuit or two in the US. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I wouldn't stay there and would hope my friends wouldn't do give them business either

Beyond that I wouldn't care

Edit- I'm not sure if they've refused service so much as just given their opinions on the matter. People are allowed to be idiots

PS you can mix and apricot and a peach. I believe it's called a peachcot

PPS I shouldn't exist in their view of the world and I still don't care :shrugz:

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

That's alright Shady you're welcome to stay at my place. You like dogs and have good taste in drinks. That checks all the boxes of a good guest in my book.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I wouldn't stay there and would hope my friends wouldn't do give them business either

Beyond that I wouldn't care

Edit- I'm not sure if they've refused service so much as just given their opinions on the matter. People are allowed to be idiots

PS you can mix and apricot and a peach. I believe it's called a peachcot

PPS I shouldn't exist in their view of the world and I still don't care :shrugz:

http://ewn.co.za/2016/07/01/Ahmed-Kathrada-Foundation-reacts-to-racist-Andre-Slade

They also refused service, I wish I didnt care but these types of events cause national consternation in SA

People get very upset, I understand sometimes you guys think Im perhaps over-reacting but due to Apartheid we are very sensitive to this type of commentary 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I stand corrected

In that case then I agree with GD that they may have some legal trouble heading their way for their actions. But you can't or shouldn't be allowed to legally punish them for their beliefs, no matter how misguided you find them.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Yeah if it's just some guy ranting on Facebook or holding a sign in the street you just avoid them. But if you run a business that's open to the public then no you can't discriminate. And why would you want to? A Rand is a Rand and a Dollar is a Dollar. The color of the hand that paid it to you doesn't change the value. 

Thomas Sowell

I stand corrected

In that case then I agree with GD that they may have some legal trouble heading their way for their actions. But you can't or shouldn't be allowed to legally punish them for their beliefs, no matter how misguided you find them.

I hear you and I have heard similar views from other US members 

But I still think you guys misunderstand the SA reality and our history and how Apartheid still resonates in our society

Apartheid wasn't  just a legal system that marginalized  black people, it was a psychological social  experiment and it attempted to do something almost inhuman. No race in this world could go through 50 years of what black South Africans went through without some kind of mental consequences....you cant be told everyday " you are inferior because of the color of your skin" without that impacting you

I'm not sure there  is another example in the recent history that is similar ?

John Milton 

Jesus f-----g Christ it's over and done with now. When do you get to stop apologizing for it?

Thomas Sowell

Jesus f-----g Christ it's over and done with now. When do you get to stop apologizing for it?

You misunderstand me, Im not apologizing for Apartheid

I am not responsible but that doesn't mean I cant be part of the solution and just for the record there is much more positive stories in SA than negative so Im not claiming things are terrible at all. Sorry if I created that impression :)

John Milton 

" I always though Khloe was the good looking one."

Ya, gotta be kiddin' me. :puke:

"GD how would you address this type of racism?"

So you agree that the black Muslim Muhammed Ali was also a racist as he was VEHEMENTLY against 'race mixing'.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

" I always though Khloe was the good looking one."

Ya, gotta be kiddin' me. :puke:

"GD how would you address this type of racism?"

So you agree that the black Muslim Muhammed Ali was also a racist as he was VEHEMENTLY against 'race mixing'.

He definitely had a very controversial past, you not wrong there 

John Milton 

"you cant be told everyday " you are inferior because of the color of your skin" without that impacting you"

i thought it was "separate but equal"?

nothing wrong with that in theory, it worked perfectly for Jerusalem before the Crusaders came and killed everyone

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'd turn her down. I always though Khloe was the good looking one. But I liked her better before she lost the weight. 

GD how would you address this type of racism? Watch the video

https://www.jacarandafm.com/shows/the-complimentary-breakfast-with-rian-van-heerden/sodwana-bay-guest-house-owner-refuses-apologise-racist-comments/

You know I thought about this more and more as I was enjoying an adult beverage while watching the rain fall on my front porch last night. I think the thing that bother's me the most about this isn't that they are racist. There are racists all over the the place. You just avoid them. It's that they actually try to couch their racism in religious terms by referencing a bible verse. Anyone who really thinks the bible promotes racism isn't reading it. I guess that must be how the non violent Muslims feel when the see the BS ISIS is spouting. 

"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
  • Like 4

Thomas Sowell

I'd turn her down. I always though Khloe was the good looking one. But I liked her better before she lost the weight. 

GD how would you address this type of racism? Watch the video

https://www.jacarandafm.com/shows/the-complimentary-breakfast-with-rian-van-heerden/sodwana-bay-guest-house-owner-refuses-apologise-racist-comments/

You know I thought about this more and more as I was enjoying an adult beverage while watching the rain fall on my front porch last night. I think the thing that bother's me the most about this isn't that they are racist. There are racists all over the the place. You just avoid them. It's that they actually try to couch their racism in religious terms by referencing a bible verse. Anyone who really thinks the bible promotes racism isn't reading it. I guess that must be how the non violent Muslims feel when the see the BS ISIS is spouting. 

"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

100 %, I have said this several times but I dont ever judge any religion on the deeds of man

As this guy is particularly reprehensible, he absolutely doesn't represent Christian values. 

John Milton 

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/sarah-palin-black-lives-matter/index.html

The irritating and hypocritical words of Sarah Palin, she has the audacity to say 

"Shame on our culture's influencers who would stir contention and division that could lead to evil such as that in Dallas."

:biggrin: Thats rich coming from an avid supporter of Trumps numerous comments that were very  racially divisive and intentionally stirred contention 

John Milton 

You seem to be under the mistaken impression Sarah Palin is someone who is taken seriously around here. Oh once she was. Then she starting saying things and... that was that.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/sarah-palin-black-lives-matter/index.html

The irritating and hypocritical words of Sarah Palin, she has the audacity to say 

"Shame on our culture's influencers who would stir contention and division that could lead to evil such as that in Dallas."

:biggrin: Thats rich coming from an avid supporter of Trumps numerous comments that were very  racially divisive and intentionally stirred contention 

I hate Palin, but I'm personally convinced BLM are more agitators than reformers. It's not just the right that's proven to be divisive in our country. 

You seem to be under the mistaken impression Sarah Palin is someone who is taken seriously around here. Oh once she was. Then she starting saying things and... that was that.

I hate Palin, but I'm personally convinced BLM are more agitators than reformers. It's not just the right that's proven to be divisive in our country. 

I hear you, I just want you guys to be aware that Trump has also contributed towards some of this chaos in the USA

He commented today in a serious  clip that " he is concerned about racial tensions in the USA " 

John Milton 

Palin is a douchebag and her opinion is irrelevant but, sadly, she is right., BLM is a racist group intent on committing mass murder and then celebrating. 'Peaceful my ass'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think the difference is with trump is that he's a racist against nonamericans. He has a history with the black community.

I'm stoned but bear with me here. This is my take on trump and racism. Trump seems more of a business man than a diplomats or militant man. So when viewing the Mexicans and the Muslim immigrants, it's not that he thinks that whites are superior than them, but views them as people who are taking our money but not giving back. As a businessman, he's viewing them as freeloaders and when u got a debt to fix, u wanna cut the things that costing money and not getting in return. Now if said people wanted to BECOME Americans and pay taxes and ur due, then he'd have no problem then. But the people wanna stay and enjoy the benefits that are adding to the cost without contributing to the machine, then it's gotta go. So nothing as "white is superior to ur race", but more like "I'm American and in America as an don't matter whatever skin color I am American I'm more important than u when it comes to my govt and American liberties". Like being an American is like being in a special group that's high in stature. I'd say he's more nationist (if that's a word) than racist.

I dunno where I went

Edited by redneckdevil
  • Like 1

I hear you, I just want you guys to be aware that Trump has also contributed towards some of this chaos in the USA

He commented today in a serious  clip that " he is concerned about racial tensions in the USA " 

we would say that trump is more symptomatic than cause.  is few, if any, folks who but for trump commentary would be peaceful and productive members o' society.  

and to be fair, obama handling o' racial tensions in the US is arguably adding as much (and likely more) to the chaos than anything trump says.  yeah, we sympathize with obama as there is frequent no right thing to say, but generally when he does speak on racial issues, obama errs and helps further polarize an already concerned public.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

we would say that trump is more symptomatic than. cause.  is few, if any, folks who but for trump commentary would be peaceful and productive members o' society.  

and to be fair, obama handling o' racial tensions in the US is arguably adding as much (and likely more) to the chaos than anything trump says.  yeah, we sympathize with obama as there is frequent no right thing to say, but generally when he does speak on racial issues, obama errs and helps further polarize an already concerned public.

HA! Good Fun!

I

I have spent the first few months studying the rise of Trump and only now do I understand most of what he stands for

Can you mention some examples where Obama has polarized the USA public by his words, I have often watched his comments on these matters and they seem reasonable ?

John Milton