The Funny Things Thread

Gorth

That facebook thing is inaccurate/Twitter/etc thing is accurate. You only get banned if you are on the 'wrong side' while being a ****.  If you are on the right side you can say pretty much whatever you want.

Like the favorite SJW Nazi saying: 'Hitler had the right idea... just the wrong target. :)'

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

13769596_10209967889863941_4328824631509

I feel somewhat obliged to clarify a thing here; because I come from a place that most of you would readily admit to be a tyrannical regime. The government stretches as far as what it can influence, the notion that because it is not done directly by the government nothing has been violated is ridiculous. Firstly, the bill of rights is not granted by the government, but recognized by it. They couldn't stop me from speaking my free mind within the confines of my own home and making it illegal would just be overzealous. Secondly, the fact is that government protects the rights of some while denies those of others based on the politics of the day. EG: Facebook has a right to deny their service to people they don't agree with but a bakery is punished because they don't want to serve gay weddings. Which of course the government does nothing about because of politics, neglecting their duty to uphold these God given rights.

The fact is that the government influences other institutions and enforces a political view, and that is how it operated on the tyrannical regime where I come from. Not through direct action, not by sending people to a gulag,  just by making sure that the detractors where declared persona non grata and that the institutions made sure to enforce the right political views. I see the same thing done by the US and just because i'm not the afflicted party doesn't mean that I can simply turn a blind eye to it. If I was capable of doing so at would at least be honest with myself and stop pretending that it was a about a better world, when it really is about fulfilling my self interest. But that might the last vestige of morality in me talking.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I didn't know if the music thread would be better fit for this, but I guess that is the trait of true art. It defies categorization.

• Like 2

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

13769596_10209967889863941_4328824631509

I feel somewhat obliged to clarify a thing here; because I come from a place that most of you would readily admit to be a tyrannical regime. The government stretches as far as what it can influence, the notion that because it is not done directly by the government nothing has been violated is ridiculous. Firstly, the bill of rights is not granted by the government, but recognized by it. They couldn't stop me from speaking my free mind within the confines of my own home and making it illegal would just be overzealous. Secondly, the fact is that government protects the rights of some while denies those of others based on the politics of the day. EG: Facebook has a right to deny their service to people they don't agree with but a bakery is punished because they don't want to serve gay weddings. Which of course the government does nothing about because of politics, neglecting their duty to uphold these God given rights.

The fact is that the government influences other institutions and enforces a political view, and that is how it operated on the tyrannical regime where I come from. Not through direct action, not by sending people to a gulag, just by making sure that the detractors where declared persona non grata and that the institutions made sure to enforce the right political views. I see the same thing done by the US and just because i'm not the afflicted party doesn't mean that I can simply turn a blind eye to it. If I was capable of doing so at would at least be honest with myself and stop pretending that it was a about a better world, when it really is about fulfilling my self interest. But that might the last vestige of morality in me talking.

Your example with the bakery is one of discrimination. If facebook started banning people who posted gay wedding pics, you would see public outcry and eventual government intervention as the banned would likely take it to court. Although facebook is also a company that gives into public pressure. They came under fire for deleting breastfeeding pics awhile back, and they changed their policy. If the bakery did something like that, the court case would fall apart.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

3XpdNyp.jpg

• Like 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

13782102_1046911295422499_29150070477951

LOL. Took me a second, but that's pretty funny.

there must be a reference in there that i'm not familiar with

-Teknoman2-

there must be a reference in there that i'm not familiar with

Kool-Aid is a powder drink mix whose tagline back in the day was to break through a wall and say "Oh yeah!". The wolf and house full of pigs are from the childhood tale of "The Three Little Pigs". In this comic, the wolf being unable to blow down the Three Little Pigs brick house, is now employing the Kool-Aid man to break down the wall for him, so he can enter and eat the Three Little Pigs

• Like 3

everyone knows the wolf and 3 pigs but besides the name i know nothing about kool-aid so i had no idea what the punchline was

anyway

OAiu6mR.jpg

also

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

everyone knows the wolf and 3 pigs but besides the name i know nothing about kool-aid so i had no idea what the punchline was

anyway

I wasn't giving you the business, just trying to be thorough. Interestingly enough, I figured the "Three Little Pigs" may be the reference you didn't get because you are born/live in Greece but I guess those types of stories are international. For some reason I assumed it was US origin or something. :facepalm:

qsbzGRd.jpg

• Like 6

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy