US Elections 2016

Gorth

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/trump-campaign-manager-charged-with-simple-battery/index.html

Guys on a more serious note....is there no low the Trump campaign will stoop to, now they assaulting women  :blink:

lol

That **** was debunked long ago, resulting her and Shapiro rage-quitting Breitbart. The videos show nothing.

But keep on listening only to the mainstream media Bruce, it makes you just as informed as they want to you to be.

What's next? Bill Clinton did not have sexual relationship with that woman? It has to be true, CNN reported him saying so.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What's next? Bill Clinton did not have sexual relationship with that woman? It has to be true, CNN reported him saying so.

There's a dirty joke about not wanting Hillary's mouth near something but I won't make it. Use your imagination.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She was not his top strategist, nowhere near. She worked for a Trump-supporting Super Pac in communications, not for the campaign. She notably didn't get hired by the campaign when the Super Pac was shut down.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I find it hilarious how  the issue for Brcue is they may have assaulted a woman. Who cares about if the assault men, right? L0LZ

Volo its always upsets me when you show you are fine with violence against women....dont you know violence against women is wrong?

Please dont make me move you back onto my " Volo is a Trump supporter"  list , you know how much that upsets you  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, I can believe this. Most Americans are far too critical of the election  system...it seems to work fine most of the time?

Prior to obama we had 4 of the worst presidents in history who together managed to remove almost all of the restriction passed in the great depression. We went in to some of our worst wars in history topped only by 1812 and maybe vietnam. 

Before Obama I couldn't drink legally, after Obama I could legally drink.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, I can believe this. Most Americans are far too critical of the election  system...it seems to work fine most of the time?

Prior to obama we had 4 of the worst presidents in history who together managed to remove almost all of the restriction passed in the great depression. We went in to some of our worst wars in history topped only by 1812 and maybe vietnam. 

You think Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan 4 of the worst? My friend they don't even rank in the bottom 10. Well, with GWB it's way too soon to tell. With Barry O still in office it's way, way too soon to tell.

The judgement of how effective a President was has nothing what-so-ever to do with how an objective individual liked his politics. And it is something that really can't be reckoned until years have passed after they have left office so they time period and decisions made are put into context. It takes a long time to know what the outcome of a policy decision or bill passed and signed into law will be. Reagan and Clinton will be remembered as two of our most effective leaders. Probably in the upper third, but definitely in the upper half. Bush I will probably not be remembered kindly. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://thecarousel.com/news/donald-trump-even-offends-pro-lifers-with-abortion-remarks/

Trump offends women....again

This time by saying " women who have abortions should be punished ", later he clarified it by saying " only the people who perform the abortions should punished " ...its a bit late to clarify these types of comments. The damage is done. As I have predicted several times Trump will pay for this type of invective in the Presidential elections, the minorities will make him pay at the voting stations 

Clinton said the comments were " horrific and telling”

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No one hates women as much as other women, Bruce.

How is Trump any different from the other Republican candidates? Why feigned outrage?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How is Trump any different from the other Republican candidates? Why feigned outrage?

No Trump has demonstrated indirectly he has very little respect for women, you may think his comments are cool and  refreshing but I dont 

I think its appalling and offensive...but I am not outraged as I am use to Trump saying similar things. I am just annoyed 

Also can you find some examples of other Republican candidates that have said similar things....since this is normal for you there must be lots of examples?

John Milton 

No Trump has demonstrated indirectly he has very little respect for women, you may think his comments are cool and  refreshing but I dont 

I think its appalling and offensive...but I am not outraged as I am use to Trump saying similar things. I am just annoyed 

Also can you find some examples of other Republican candidates that have said similar things....since this is normal for you there must be lots of examples?

Just watch the same debate, Trump was on the lowest on the pro-life scale among the other candidates. But as usual, only his opinion is weighed higher than the others, how strange. It's like they do not like him or something and it clouds their judgement when reporting. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

No Trump has demonstrated indirectly he has very little respect for women anyone other than himself...

Fixed that sentence for you.

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Bruce why do you get so worked up about this? He's just a guy trying to win an election and is just saying whatever stupid thing comes to his mind. He can't actually DO any of it in the extrememly unlikely even he even gets elected. Besides current polling suggests Trump getting nominated helps Hillary so you really should be applauding him. Don't worry about it.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bruce why do you get so worked up about this? He's just a guy trying to win an election and is just saying whatever stupid thing comes to his mind. He can't actually DO any of it in the extrememly unlikely even he even gets elected. Besides current polling suggests Trump getting nominated helps Hillary so you really should be applauding him. Don't worry about it.

I suppose you right, a Trump nomination does help Hilary

But I am also concerned with the overall  low level of general political  decorum that has been almost forced and embellished  on the Republican party through Trumps antics...its not that positive 

John Milton 

But I am also concerned with the overall low level of general political decorum that has been almost forced and embellished on the Republican party through Trumps antics...its not that positive

Not like there hasn't been precedence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

Also this:

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

But I am also concerned with the overall low level of general political decorum that has been almost forced and embellished on the Republican party through Trumps antics...its not that positive

Not like there hasn't been precedence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

Also this:

Interesting....but going back over 150 years may not convince many people that this type of behavior is normal but yes there is precedence 

John Milton 

Bernie can't catch a break: http://archive.is/Dh9VX

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Just watch the same debate, Trump was on the lowest on the pro-life scale among the other candidates. But as usual, only his opinion is weighed higher than the others, how strange. It's like they do not like him or something and it clouds their judgement when reporting. 

Yeah being anti-abortion is something that you somewhat need to be these days if you really want to win GOP nomination.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/31/texas-forced-this-woman-to-deliver-a-stillborn-baby.html

Bernie can't catch a break: http://archive.is/Dh9VX

The most interesting part is

A D.C. voter filed a challenge against the Sanders' campaign's registration. That challenge is expected to be heard in early April. No challenge was filed against Clinton's campaign, sources said.

As in Hillary and Bernie both registered late, at the same day even. But only Bernie got a complaint, while Hillary didn't and is therefore clear to be placed on the ballot.

//EDIT: i accidently quoted the post instead of editing it. My bad.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The truth is this: Who wins the Presidential election is not a thing that should have a great deal of impact on the lives of everyday Americans and it should have little to no impact on the lives of citizens of other countries. Frankly I am continually amazed that it gets as much interest as it does from the folks on this board who live outside the US. The Executive branch is just one leg of the three leg stool that is the US government. Who controls Congress is actually more important than who is in the White House. At least it used to be.

Barack Obama, in defiance of history has had a profound impact on me personally. But for him the ACA would never have existed and if it hadn't I would not have lost a very high paying job at a major wireless carrier six years ago. Of course I also made some investments based on how people were reacting to his Presidency and to say that worked out well would be an understatement. So as far as I'm concerned he & I are even. But he has done something else. He has damaged the country in a small but significant way. By usurping power from the legislative branch to the executive and being allowed to get away with it because his"team" was in control of Congress at the time he has upset the balance between the branches of government. It is a small thing that may never amount to anything or it may lead to the ultimate destruction of our form of government. We'll have to see.

But assuming things go back to normal with a new, less ideologically driven President in 2016, whomever wins at the end of their term any changes that happen will be small. Is the country radically different now than when GWB left office in 2009? I'd say not really. The only change a President can really affect (if they don't abuse their power as I could argue Obama has done) is to change the direction the country is going in slightly. And the successor of any President can change that direction again... slightly. But slight changes make a big difference in the perspective of 15-20 years down the line. That's why we can't really say Obama was a bad President, or that GWB was. We are only now getting a good idea of what kind of President Bill Clinton was.

The point I'm trying to make is don't worry about who wins in November. It won't make a big difference if the Congress is willing to find it's backbone and do it's job. If they don't... that's a problem. Most of the things these five clowns are promising to do, they can't do. It upsets me more Americans don't realize that.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Your last four presidents have lead foreign policies that have had very significant impact on every day lives of lots of people all around world, in some cases even more than our local governments can do in one election cycle. Which is why your national elections have become even more reported thing than our local (national) elections in sometimes.

Your last four presidents have lead foreign policies that have had very significant impact on every day lives of lots of people all around world, in some cases even more than our local governments can do in one election cycle. Which is why your national elections have become even more reported thing than our local (national) elections in sometimes.

That's a fair point. I don't think anyone here would argue the Afghanistan intervention was needed. But every one since was a bad idea. Congress could have stopped every one of them it's worth mentioning. You all know where I stand on US foreign policy and of of these 5 candidates the only two who favor a more reserved, less interventionist attitude are two who probably won't win. From a FP perspective do you think there will be a bit of difference in the actions of a Clinton, Cruz, or Kasich State Dept? I don't think there will be. So again, what does it matter? 

Thomas Sowell