RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

This stuff makes me lol a lot. On the other hand, if they had kept the location and just "turned back the time a few thousand years", I'd say it would have been kinda cool.

On the other hand of the other hand, people then would complain about this being a mere cash grab, only worthy of being a cheap dlc for Far Cry 4 or something.

/Edit: Actually I wouldn't even be surprised if the game started as a Far Cry 4 dlc and later got turned into a full game. Think of this one Blood Dragon game for Far Cry 3.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wonder if this part of the article has anything to do with the delay.

On February 15, Andromeda's lead writer, Chris Schlerf, left the studio to join Destiny developer Bungie.

Or would all the writing of the main story be done by then, and all that's left is the technical aspects?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wasn't the old Call of Cthulhu from Bethsoft exactly that? The player character did suicide after spending time in an asylum after surviving the events in the game. Also it never featured cthulhu itself, but the fishmen and I think Dagon and... I forgot the final boss. In any case, I thought - despite the flaws - that game was pretty rad.

That was "Dark Corners of the Earth". Another great Lovecraftian inspired extravaganza. But Bethesda was not the publisher I think. Developer was the extinct Horrorsoft (Elvira mistress of the dark, Simon the Sorcerer, etc).

Too bad they cancelled its sequel: Destiny's end.

Edited by eLPuSHeR

Hm, I'm trying to decide whether I want to support future Hitman games by buying "The Full Experience" now, or disliking how they've broken it up into chapters for the upcoming year and waiting to see how it shapes up...

Decisions, decisions.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, I'm trying to decide whether I want to support future Hitman games by buying "The Full Experience" now, or disliking how they've broken it up into chapters for the upcoming year and waiting to see how it shapes up...

Decisions, decisions.

Square Enix simply knows how to mess up stuff...

For me, it's the same with upcoming "FFVII Remake". I do not like at all where the game is heading, so if nothing else changes, I will rather wait for the full game few more years, and buy it, when price hits under 20 bucks level.

I was burned once by them with Lightning Returns, so more and more of their games are on my wait and see list. Including FFXV, which is sad :-/ But Star Ocean 5 is still instant day one purchase for me, because that is the only game, in SE schedule for next few years, where I still have some hope for not being burned by them.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Wasn't the old Call of Cthulhu from Bethsoft exactly that? The player character did suicide after spending time in an asylum after surviving the events in the game. Also it never featured cthulhu itself, but the fishmen and I think Dagon and... I forgot the final boss. In any case, I thought - despite the flaws - that game was pretty rad.

That was "Dark Corners of the Earth". Another great Lovecraftian inspired extravaganza. But Bethesda was not the publisher I think. Developer was the extinct Horrorsoft (Elvira mistress of the dark, Simon the Sorcerer, etc).

Too bad they cancelled its sequel: Destiny's end.

Headfirst, which as I understand it, was a second company setup by the Adventuresoft people to do non-Adventure games did Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

The company had financial difficulties due to the long production cycle, some payment dispute with Bethesda, and I think some expected funding didn't happen.

Ultimately this took out the second Cthulhu game and their Deadlands RPG when the company was shuttered and liquidated. But I think Adventuresoft still exists.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/03/tim-sweeney-to-microsoft-universal-windows-platform-can-should-must-and-will-die/

Epic founder speaks against MS new UWP. Dismisses it as first step to close open PC ecosystem to Microsoft controlled system.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/03/tim-sweeney-to-microsoft-universal-windows-platform-can-should-must-and-will-die/

Epic founder speaks against MS new UWP. Dismisses it as first step to close open PC ecosystem to Microsoft controlled system.

It should be noted that this is exactly what GabeN and Valve were worried about and much of their reason for pushing gaming on Linux and developing SteamOS.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oops, I have missed Malcador's post :p

And yes, I hate Steam, but I wish GabeN good luck with breaking MS monopoly in the OS field... Monopoly is bad, I do not care who is the man behind it.

• Like 3

Monopoly is bad, I do not care who is the man behind it.

Oh I don't know, when else does one get a chance to bankrupt and make homeless ones friends and family, while disguised as a Terrier.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Monopoly is bad, I do not care who is the man behind it.

Oh I don't know, when else does one get a chance to bankrupt and make homeless ones friends and family, while disguised as a Terrier.

I've always been an iron man myself, I guess that piece is gone now.  ;(

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

All about the car, the poor are but pavement under my wheels.

• Like 1

This was always the end game (hoho) strategy. There are two things that MS has learnt from others- Android and iOS with their exclusive (well, 'exclusive') stores and curation and that PC people will happily buy expensive hardware to play games. One of the things not mentioned in the article is that this is also the death of xbox as a separate system from PC- it is the Universal Windows Platform, after all. That should significantly cut down on porting costs because there effectively won't be ports any more and potentially rids MS of the loss making xbox division while retaining its benefits and giving far more flexibility to them on the hardware front if they do want to keep subsidising boxes.

They'll certainly have to improve their offerings to attract PC gamers though, their current windows store titles have some arbitrary restrictions that may be fine to xboxers but are not at all standard for PC gamers. The reduced porting costs of UWP would probably ensure a decent number of titles though.

In any case, if Phil Spencer (who I always want to call Phil Spector, must subconsciously associate him with Warren for some reason) says it will be open I'd suspect it will be open in the same way that steam is open. You can buy keys from anywhere, no strings! Agreement with the Microsoft Subscriber Agreement, Windows Live! registration, acceptance of advertising, copy of windows 10 etc etc required.

• Like 1

I will trust the gaming devs over a MS rep. Tim Sweeney saying what Valve has been saying is pretty big. All it would take is Blizzard joining the fray and I think PC gamers will get shaken and start thinking. Heck, I can only imagine what would happen if the big publishers start speaking out (I doubt they will), but EA and Ubisoft could given Origin and Uplay. CDPR may as well. If more devs start speaking out then we may see more devs support Vulkan in the upcoming API war vs DX12. That, in an of itself, will get MS back pedaling, and if not... Then we say bye Windows being the gaming OS.

I'm glad I have a Steam machine ready to go. I'll be extra glad when my desktop PC doesn't require Windows. I'm being hopeful, though.

I mean, I hope what Phil Spencer is saying about UWP being open is true, but, as always with Microsoft...

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"It should please very different types of players," Rousseau said. "Even players who don't like to fight that much will find it really fun playing this story, this deep story. On the other hand, players, really hardcore gamers who like to have really challenging fight will find that, because our fights are really hard. I mean, the combat is the difficult part of the game."

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/395433/In+The+Technomancer+the+combat+is+the+difficult+part

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Found some old footage from Dead Island 2. Aside from the god-awful voice acting, the rest looks pretty impressive. So sad that this game was brought to a halt. Yager was suddenly dropped and apparently the game has been handed to an "unnamed developer".

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

For those who are still hankering for a STALKER-like game ('til the resurrected GSC Game Worlds comes round to it):

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 4