What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I've been playing through DE: Human Revolution the Director's Cut. First time I've actually sat down to see how it shapes up with the tweaks and all.

The Barret fight was definitely a nicely re-done thing, unfortunately the rest weren't that great. Nothing really noticeable with Federova's, and while the map for Namir's fight has been extended and gives you more options in the way of potential hacking or stealth, the frantic pace of his attacks tend to limit you from noticing it the first time around. At least until he's dead and then it's all "Oh, I could have used that."

I will say that if you run it with the Documentaries turned on, there are quite a few interesting tidbits on how and why things came to be in the game. Although there does seem a rather running theme of "we had this sketched out" or "half the map was done" or "this was planned for x.."  only to have to be cut , dropped, or merged with something else due to time constraints. In fact a couple of the odd glitches in dialogue happened because the final passes for the writing team were done and then things got slightly altered on level design and things get shifted around, and not everything was tidied up and followed through on.

Although now I'm a wee bit frustrated, got to about 10 minutes from the end of the game and now I keep crashing out due to a memory error, then finding my save won't load so I have to re-load from about 20 minutes before.. only to have it crash around the same point. I shall have to ponder on this.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Heh my luck continues.  I bought the material needed to change the stats of my armor, used it, and guess what?  The stats ended up worse than the original one I wanted changed. :getlost:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh my luck continues.  I bought the material needed to change the stats of my armor, used it, and guess what?  The stats ended up worse than the original one I wanted changed. :getlost:

That's destiny for you.  Though for some Exotic i do recommend visiting https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory before you try to reroll to see if you can even get what you want. Some armor will always have certain type of bonus like only Str or Str+Int, never Int+ Disc.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Just beat the Armor Spider in Demon's Souls. I played the US import version of Demon's Souls back in 2009 and now I am playing the EU version and it has the same set of trophies to unlock. :) Good thing because I love unlocking all those trophies again.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

That's destiny for you.  Though for some Exotic i do recommend visiting https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory before you try to reroll to see if you can even get what you want. Some armor will always have certain type of bonus like only Str or Str+Int, never Int+ Disc.

One would think that exotic gear should have the best stats.  Isn't that the point of rare items?  They're difficult to find, but when you find them they're awesome.  Instead, the exotic stuff I can buy from Xur is no better (and often times worse) than the current purple gear I have.

On the topic of bounties, I can't finish this one bounty for Petra (the Queen's representative) because the friggin' boss won't ever show up.  I have to kill some guy named Ixsori (sp), but every single time the Taken show up and one of the "bosses" finally appears, it's someone other than the one I need to show up.  Frustrating.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bloodborne. My opinion of it is a lot better than my opinion of Dark Souls 2 so far, so that's nice. Much more fast-paced like DS1 was...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

One would think that exotic gear should have the best stats.  Isn't that the point of rare items?  They're difficult to find, but when you find them they're awesome.  Instead, the exotic stuff I can buy from Xur is no better (and often times worse) than the current purple gear I have.

On the topic of bounties, I can't finish this one bounty for Petra (the Queen's representative) because the friggin' boss won't ever show up.  I have to kill some guy named Ixsori (sp), but every single time the Taken show up and one of the "bosses" finally appears, it's someone other than the one I need to show up.  Frustrating.

It's bungie's weird design with all this light in year 2. YOu can get exotics with light level 310 only after you're over light level 300 but every vendor sells 280 gear. Suffer suffer the player must.  Maybe you'll have more luck once they release any new update to light level, since you'll have the game goal as everyone else upgrading.

Each of those bosses has their own spawn location. I think they one you're after is at Skywatch on Earth. So patrol and then left until you can't go left anymore. :D

Bartimaeus, it's Demon's souls territory so of course it's better than Dark games. :p

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Bartimaeus, it's Demon's souls territory so of course it's better than Dark games. tongue.png

I was wondering how they are different since I never played any of the Dark Souls games. I bought Dark Souls for the PS3 a while ago and also Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin Edition for the PS4. It Will be interesting to play those games once I am done with Demon's Souls and Bloodborne.

I have a huge From Software fever right now and I don't think it will go away any time soon...good! :)

Multiplayer is something totally new to me. I know DS1 has some pvp but I don't have any idea how it works.

Athought, Demon's Souls did have multiplayer of some sorts but it was totally random. You could try to assit players by putting a sign on the ground and sometimes you would see blue signs on the ground which indicated you could summon a player to your world for a certain boss battle. I tried helping other players in boss fights with great results(you could kill a boss you had already killed in your own gameworld and regain full health instead of using a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes which is pretty rare).

I also got help from other players not just in boss fights but also in clearing certain sections of the game but like I said, it was totaly random. You couldn't always find help signs on the ground.

You could also invade another players world in a similar manner. At any given time, you could invade a players world as a black phantom, find them, kill them and steal their souls. I once summoned a player to help me with a level and just as I was looking forward to the cooperation, a black phantom invaded my world, killed both me and the guest player and ran away with our sou!s!   :getlost: There was also the Old Monk boss fight. In online mode, the game would summon another player as the boss and you would fight him/her.

Demon's Souls was a brutal game. Yurt: The Silent Chief is a joke I still don't find funny at all. It really hurts if you fall for his trap. It could destroy 100 hours of progress. But then again, no game has ever been so thrilling.

Edited by Katphood

For me the Demon's Souls is the best game of the series. I was never a fun of "Open World Gaming". But I haven't played Bloodborne yet. Going to buy GOTY Edition soon though.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Multiplayer is something totally new to me. I know DS1 has some pvp but I don't have any idea how it works.

Athought, Demon's Souls did have multiplayer of some sorts but it was totally random. You could try to assit players by putting a sign on the ground and sometimes you would see blue signs on the ground which indicated you could summon a player to your world for a certain boss battle. I tried helping other players in boss fights with great results(you could kill a boss you had already killed in your own gameworld and regain full health instead of using a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes which is pretty rare).

I also got help from other players not just in boss fights but also in clearing certain sections of the game but like I said, it was totaly random. You couldn't always find help signs on the ground.

You could also invade another players world in a similar manner. At any given time, you could invade a players world as a black phantom, find them, kill them and steal their souls. I once summoned a player to help me with a level and just as I was looking forward to the cooperation, a black phantom invaded my world, killed both me and the guest player and ran away with our sou!s!   :getlost: There was also the Old Monk boss fight. In online mode, the game would summon another player as the boss and you would fight him/her.

Demon's Souls was a brutal game. Yurt: The Silent Chief is a joke I still don't find funny at all. It really hurts if you fall for his trap. It could destroy 100 hours of progress. But then again, no game has ever been so thrilling.

It's been the same since Demon's souls. You have an item to put your sign down for coop, you have an item to invade randomly and you have an item to put a sign that means you want to fight another player. They've played with other ideas: covenants, arenas, sin, policing invaders,... but the core remains the same in all souls games and bloodborne.  It's PVE first with some random coop and maybe some PVP here and there, no matter what some fanatics demand.

And there was always plenty of signs and invasions in all of games at their peaks. Demon's souls had 4 different versions a that were published months apart and it was ps3 only ( which was great),  so it might have seemed that there weren't that many players wanting to coop, even if they would have been in summon range.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

It's bungie's weird design with all this light in year 2. YOu can get exotics with light level 310 only after you're over light level 300 but every vendor sells 280 gear. Suffer suffer the player must.  Maybe you'll have more luck once they release any new update to light level, since you'll have the game goal as everyone else upgrading.

Each of those bosses has their own spawn location. I think they one you're after is at Skywatch on Earth. So patrol and then left until you can't go left anymore. :D

I'm wondering if that boss is even on Earth.  I remember the previous bounty I got was for some Baroness something something, but it said to patrol Mars to find her.  I searched and searched Mars, but she never seemed to spawn.  Lo and behold as I was patrolling Venus, she showed up and I finished the bounty.

For me it's Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 DLC > Dark Souls 2 = Bloodborne. Bloodborne has a fantastic art design, but it lacks depth and the multiplayer is terrible.

For me, so far it's Dark Souls > Bloodborne >>> Dark Souls II >>> Dark Souls II DLC. I haven't played Demon Souls...yet. The Dark Souls II DLC is the most horrendous gameplay of any Souls game I've played so far, though, with every one of the new areas being uniquely awful in an entirely different way. I'm truly impressed how they managed to make someone who's played through about 95% of DS1 (including DLC) on NG7 at SL1 just absolutely loathe DS2, but they managed to do it. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Just curious, what's making the base game better than the DLC? For me the DLC has much better level and boss design. Also I can't see how the DS2 DLC is much worse than Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons. :p

Edited by Bendu

In defence of Dark Souls II, which I believe had potential buried under its worse design, dual-wielding, hexes and weapons that can do double duty as catalysts/talismans should have been on Dark Souls since the beggining.

But yeah, DSI>DSII, at least as far as the base games are concerned.

Destiny's MP would actually be decently fun if the people actually did the objectives.  So annoying watching teammates just go around trying to earn kills, while ignoring the actual team challenges you need to accomplish to win the game.

Yeah, that's the mindset of all the kids playing FPSs today.  Nobody does objectives anymore, it's all about getting kills, is what they say when asked why the eff they weren't defending a zone.  That's why i didn't play anything but TDM in BLOPS3 tese past 2 months. XD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Just curious, what's making the base game better than the DLC? For me the DLC has much better level and boss design. Also I can't see how the DS2 DLC is much worse than Bloodborne's Chalice Dungeons. tongue.png

Because they're so horrendously unenjoyable. Going through the idiotic blizzard area with the randomly charging horses and going through Iron Passage...literally just so bad I never wanted to play a Souls game ever again. Maybe part of it was because by that point, I was starting to feel more like one of those people who just doesn't like Souls games rather than the DS "veteran" I was supposed to be, but whatever - that crap was horrific.

To be honest, I really can't remember a blizzard area with randomly charging horses.

The only DS2 DLC I didn't liked was the sunken king with all the poisen and stuff. Never had a problem with the iron passage, though maybe that's because I've been already level 100-something when playing through it. Also later I started to coop everything- became a lot more fun and also a lot easier.

Actually I've quit playing the game when it started to take longer and longer to get together with other players. Especially on the later newly released pc version it became harder to find someone to play with the further I've progressed in the game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

(e): p.s. this is much more fun to watch than to play lol

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's the mindset of all the kids playing FPSs today.  Nobody does objectives anymore, it's all about getting kills, is what they say when asked why the eff they weren't defending a zone.  That's why i didn't play anything but TDM in BLOPS3 tese past 2 months. XD

It was beyond annoying.  I was playing Rift today because 15 Legendary marks were available for playing a match, and the entire game I was the only person on my 6-person team who even attempted to get the rift and run it to the opponent's end.

The dumb thing is you *could* get a whole bunch of kills by doing that, because that's where the other team's players would all head towards.  So you could just sit by where the rift spawns and camp until enemies show up and pick them off.  But my teammates weren't even smart enough to try that strategy.