What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

What I really want for myself is a life free from drama or difficult decisions. I'd like the hardest descision I face every day to be which K-Cup to make in the morning. I want life to be simple, uncomplicated. Stress free. I've had a lot of stress in my life. I'd like very much to be done with that for the remainder of  my laps around the sun. But outside forces are conspiring against those goals and past decisions and attachments and personal business that never seems to be concluded get in the way.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What I really want for myself is a life free from drama or difficult decisions. I'd like the hardest descision I face every day to be which K-Cup to make in the morning. I want life to be simple, uncomplicated. Stress free. I've had a lot of stress in my life. I'd like very much to be done with that for the remainder of my laps around the sun. But outside forces are conspiring against those goals and past decisions and attachments and personal business that never seems to be concluded get in the way.

That is boring. Life is defined by suffering :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We had to put down one of our cats yesterday. He was looking kinda raggedy so we took him to the vet and he said he thought his liver was failing. With him being old and there being no treatment for a liver, he determined the most humane thing was to euthanize him. He gave him a sedative and a few minutes later the fatal shot. He died cradled in my wifes arms. Then I went home and had a good long cry. RIP Bailey. ;(

• Like 3

We had to put down one of our cats yesterday. He was looking kinda raggedy so we took him to the vet and he said he thought his liver was failing. With him being old and there being no treatment for a liver, he determined the most humane thing was to euthanize him. He gave him a sedative and a few minutes later the fatal shot. He died cradled in my wifes arms. Then I went home and had a good long cry. RIP Bailey. ;(

Sorry to hear. It is  never nice when we lose a pet that has been part of our lives for so long 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That sucks, Gfted. :(

What I really want for myself is a life free from drama or difficult decisions. I'd like the hardest descision I face every day to be which K-Cup to make in the morning. I want life to be simple, uncomplicated. Stress free. I've had a lot of stress in my life. I'd like very much to be done with that for the remainder of my laps around the sun. But outside forces are conspiring against those goals and past decisions and attachments and personal business that never seems to be concluded get in the way.

That is boring. Life is defined by suffering :p

APATHY IS DEATH

Anyway, went to a local comic con, met Doug Jones (Abe Sapien from Hellboy, the Faun from Pan's Labyrinth), bought some merch and picked up con flu. I hate con flu.

• Like 1

That truly sucks Gfted1. My deepest sympathies. I know exactly how it feels.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sorry to hear that Gfted. :(

My wife got a new job.  Bit scary to change school districts, but this will place her much closer to home (the school is in our backyard) and eliminate a good chunk of the commute.

On the less exciting news I'm trying to figure out how to pay the state $2300 in taxes.  I think I'm going to apply for a payment plan, rather than be super broke for the rest of the month.  At least I already paid federal.

That truly sucks Gfted1. My deepest sympathies. I know exactly how it feels.

;(

Looking forward to the Tesla Model 3 unveiling today. My car will be paid off at the end of the year so depending on what's what I may have to do the needful and plop down some money to reserve one.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Sorry to hear that Gfted. :(

My wife got a new job.  Bit scary to change school districts, but this will place her much closer to home (the school is in our backyard) and eliminate a good chunk of the commute.

On the less exciting news I'm trying to figure out how to pay the state $2300 in taxes.  I think I'm going to apply for a payment plan, rather than be super broke for the rest of the month.  At least I already paid federal.

Your wife is a teacher too? I didn't know that. That means your kids have no excuse for getting bad grades! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Heh, trying to teach our own kids is way tougher than being in the classroom. I don't understand how homeschoolers do it.

Can beat them easier at home..

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, trying to teach our own kids is way tougher than being in the classroom. I don't understand how homeschoolers do it.

Can beat them easier at home..

Shhhh don't call it that. You're motivating them. Yeah, that's it, motivating. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Heh, trying to teach our own kids is way tougher than being in the classroom.  I don't understand how homeschoolers do it.

That would have to be a hell of a challenge. If I had a kid I had to home school where would I even start? My own education was heavily centered on math and physics obviously but I could not even begin to imagine teaching long division to a kid who could not even conceptualize what I'm doing. And don't even get me started on humanities, social studies, literature, music and all the other things a kid needs for a well rounded education that I know nothing about. Like I said where would they even start.  

Thomas Sowell

put a deposit down on a tesla model 3.  

*shrug*

a $35k impulse purchase (deposit were only $1000) is making us consider a consultation from a mental health professional.  

that being said, am disliking our bmw x5 more and more every day.  am serious considering buying an old, late 90s, minivan for $1500 and just ridding our self o' the bavarian abomination that haunts our garage. the minivan would be more practical for our dogs, but we would still need a real car.  am not sure a tesla model 3 counts as a real car, and regardless, is late 2017 before likely first deliveries. our buick is also not an everyday car.  am stuck with the bmw for a bit.

jacka$$

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Is $35K the "base model"? Are there even package option? What is the cost when you get it where you want it?

35k is base, but there is individual state rebates, and there is a fed tax credit o' $7500.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I read it will go 200 miles on a single charge now. Seems awful short to me actually. And obviously that will be reduced as weight is added to the car or you are driving over non level ground, which both of you will do. But the no gas thing is nice. And they do look cool.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I read it will go 200 miles on a single charge now. Seems awful short to me actually. And obviously that will be reduced as weight is added to the car or you are driving over non level ground, which both of you will do. But the no gas thing is nice. And they do look cool.

I think Ive read that certain environmental conditions (like cold) will reduce the range too. Also do AC, heater, headlights, etc... reduce it further?

I was not aware of a state credit on top of the federal. Very nice.

It's 6k for state here so with 13.5k off it becomes a pretty good deal especially since I don't drive that many miles. I think I put about 14k miles on my Infiniti in 3 years and for 2 of those years it was the only car we had

Free games updated 3/4/21