What You Did Today Thread

Blarghagh

I spent the whole day fishing (and napping) on the banks of the Hatchee River yesterday with the dogs. When we were walking back I found a magnolia tree just starting to bloom. There were thousands, maybe ten of thousands of honey bees working it over. I stood under that tree for a good half hour just listening to them. It was really cool.

Like I've said before, no matter where you are there is something remarkable to see somewhere around you. You just have to look for it.

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I spent the whole day fishing (and napping) on the banks of the Hatchee River yesterday with the dogs. When we were walking back I found a magnolia tree just starting to bloom. There were thousands, maybe ten of thousands of honey bees working it over. I stood under that tree for a good half hour just listening to them. It was really cool.

Like I've said before, no matter where you are there is something remarkable to see somewhere around you. You just have to look for it.

Nice Story ...that sounds picturesque the whole bees incident  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I find bees mesmerizing. Right off my back patio are two bushes that bloom with hundreds if little white flowers and bees are crazy for it. All during the spring and summer there will be dozens of bees on each bush just hopping from flower to flower doing their thing. Ill just sit there at the table drinking a beer or grilling and stare at them in fascination. They don't mess with me, I don't mess with them.  

BnhArmfIcAAjsKk.jpg

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm at the end of my rope. My car is falling apart and I've got the money for a new one, but I don't know if I can hold out until the new one arrives while maintaining my sanity.

So weekend before last my suspension broke. Specifically about 4 inches of the spring coil just decided to shear off. I took it to our local shop for work, and got it fixed. Then I was grabbed by a customer on thursday, and ended up rolling down my window, and it froze open. Took it back to the shop, who told me "yeah, we ain't gonna do anything with it because it's set up wierd, take it to the dealer". Take it to the dealership today, and it turns out all that happened was that the friggin plugs were loose so they reset that and did a full inspect, informing me my transmission is leaking. Get the car back, start driving home and I hear a pop and then something dragging... it's the bloody skid plate. I don't know if they had overtightened something but the few remaining supports (long story there) that held it in place completely broke.... I am trying to hold it up with bungee cords, it works, kinda. I think I got a setup that'll work... but this, plus not having been able to go to a doctors office or a dentists office due to how my hours are set up (working from 7 to 6 does not make for an easy time scheduling ANYTHING especially given we're a hand down).

I just... I need a break.

Hopefully within the next week I can get an Acura RSX from Carmax.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?id=12429156

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Can you get a deal from your company to buy car they are going to wholesale? I know they wholesale their fleet cars after they hit their depreciation. It would be used, and used hard at that but it might be a cheaper deal than buying new if you can get and employee discount. 

Thomas Sowell

Can you get a deal from your company to buy car they are going to wholesale? I know they wholesale their fleet cars after they hit their depreciation. It would be used, and used hard at that but it might be a cheaper deal than buying new if you can get and employee discount. 

The employee discount on the cars we sell would be from a lot in kansas city I get a lower APR if I go through Hertz for financing (1.9, the same as I could get on a longer loan with Navy Fed) and a whopping 700 dollars off the total cost of the car.

Plus I'd never be able to find a stickshift

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hopefully within the next week I can get an Acura RSX from Carmax.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?id=12429156

That seems like a lot for a car that's 10 years old and with that sort of mileage on it. 

Actually, I just did a google search on Acura as I've never heard of it before. Acura is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Honda. The brand was launched in the United States and Canada in March 1986, marketing luxury, performance, and high-performance vehicles.

I'd have to ask, is it really worth the money?

Warmer now so I can resume my time honored practice of sitting on the step with my dog on my lap. This seems odd to many people but he enjoys watching people walk by. Could swear he tries hitting on women though, gives them a little bark, tail wag and a nod. Strange little dog.

Glad winter is passing, one problem with dachshunds is they don't mix well with snow and salt (especially the latter), being so low to the ground.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Warmer now so I can resume my time honored practice of sitting on the step with my dog on my lap. This seems odd to many people but he enjoys watching people walk by. Could swear he tries hitting on women though, gives them a little bark, tail wag and a nod. Strange little dog.

Glad winter is passing, one problem with dachshunds is they don't mix well with snow and salt (especially the latter), being so low to the ground.

That sounds normal to me, in SA most dog lovers do that 

Post a picture of him? I like Dachshunds 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That sounds normal to me, in SA most dog lovers do that 

Post a picture of him? I like Dachshunds

Sure, not a great photo

yh5TkFX.png

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He turned into a greybeard when he was 5. Is 10 now. Still has an over inflated ego :lol:

• Like 1

Imagine this scenario:

You play an MMO, it's full of idiots as expected, and eventually you stop playing. After you stop, you stay in contact with about ~5 people and talk with them regularly and even play other games with them, such as Team Fortress 2.

Over time, it can only be inferred that one of these five is....I cannot think of a nicer way to word this, but some kind of social autist. I don't mean that insultingly (except for the hints of that being laced with anger and frustration I guess), I mean I have serious suspicions this guy has some sort of mental issue.

Imagine that any time you play TF2, he's there. Like it doesn't matter what he's doing, what he's playing, what his previous engagements are: he's there. He's following you. And not only is he not following you immediately, but after some tests you did where you load up the game and **** around with your inventory for five minutes, he learned to OBSESSIVELY refresh your server game info to see if you're in a game, so he sits there monitoring if you play.  To make it extra annoying, his ping is atrocious (250, so a 2.5 second delay) and he's the only person you know that can manage to get worse at a game as they play it more, so while he's eager to be on your team, he's a constant liability. And dear lord, he's gonna make sure you know he's there, because at the start of every match, he will get in front of your face and obsessively melee you. If you turn around or spin in circles, he'll follow, as if he truly thinks you DIDN'T notice him or something. And when he's not being annoying in matches, he's asking for your assistance with some gamemode versus the computer (Mann vs. Machine). And he's asking every day. The moment you log on. And when you do finally help to shut him up, he's gonna make sure that on wave 4 of 6, he goes AFK to make coffee for 20 minutes, thereby leading the squad to kick him, meaning you must leave and start over in order to ensure he finishes.

The extent to which he will follow everything you do includes randomly looking up your reddit post history off and on and if you happened to invest some money in buying TF2 paints for €1 so you can resell them for €4-5 later, you'll find that his backpack not only has paints, but has the EXACT amount you bought. Imagine if you could state "_____ reminds me of this character from that show" and then log off, and you get this sinking feeling that he's going to adopt what you just said and change his steam name and profile picture to match that, and sure enough, he did, and you're so used to this that you knew it was gonna happen before it happened.

He himself is quiet and one dimensional, only ever speaking up to say the same joke for the 500th time or to say "lol" in response to something or whatever, and hasn't ever done anything to offend, though he's never done anything to showcase much depth of a personality. Yet my god, just the fact that you cannot BREATHE without this person watching your every move, stalking you, following you, or unwittingly being as annoying as possible.

I am currently typing this because myself and another friend wanted to try TF2's matchmaking beta tonight. We thought surely he wouldn't follow us because he hates the competitive aspects of TF2; it's not his cup of tea. NOPE. Here's a man with 250 ping to his name and no mic with which to communicate to his team, and he's messaging you asking you to add him to your squad as you face up against experienced players that can achieve more than 1 kill per game. I'm a massive pansy and despite how blunt I am to strangers online, have not been able to tell him "you have the social skills and social awareness of a braindead cactus," so instead of saying "no wtf **** off, like hell I wanna play this mode with you," I'm just....not playing.

And I can't exactly cut ties with the guy without awkwardness because well of COURSE he'd follow as much as he could, and he happens to be a part of those 5 people I stayed in touch with, though NONE of them have to put up with this and only see him as a quiet guy and nothing more.

What the **** would you do in my shoes?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Stop being a pansy. This is your chance to grow as a person. Assertiveness waits at the end of this road, take it! It is yours!

Tell him directly what the situation is.

Why do you randomly put put two empty lines between some paragraphs, and one empty line between others? Your posts drive me crazy whenever I read them. ._.

Personally, I always have my Steam profile set to completely private, so I can get away with just blocking the undesirables (that for whatever reasons I can't/shouldn't remove), which prevents them from seeing I'm online or what I'm playing. However, for friends who are also friends with some of my other friends, it runs too much of a risk that they might be talking to one another and one might notice I'm online while the other will see that I'm not, so to be safe, I block all of them. This doesn't seem ideal in your case, because you like playing with your other friends that he is also friends to, but you can at least play stuff in peace.

(e): Also, ideally, yes, do what Malcador said. tongue.png I've done what I've described, but I've also done what Malcador has said, and it's generally much better to do it that way.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

@ Longknife: It sounds like the person is socially awkward so they onsessively repeat what "worked" for them in previous interactions. If youre at a breaking point cant you just unfriend them or something? Ive run into people like that before and I wind up pity-friending them because I feel like I'm their only friend. :lol:

@ Longknife: It sounds like the person is socially awkward so they onsessively repeat what "worked" for them in previous interactions. If youre at a breaking point cant you just unfriend them or something? Ive run into people like that before and I wind up pity-friending them because I feel like I'm their only friend. :lol:

And I really do appreciate it Gifted.  :D

• Like 3

I keep my Steam private because I like to play videogames alone and I hate all of you*.

Anyways the screen on my phone is popping out and my gfs work schedule isn't compatible with mine till the weekend.

*Not intended to be a factual statement.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've been looking at cars. I need to get me a ride that I can practice driving with, and one that my mate can drive to work with (Because **** riding 4 people in this, for 40kms) while I'm doing my tests and such.

Beeing a bit picky with cars there are really only two different alternatives; BMW 3/5 series (With the inline-6) or Volvo 100/200/700/900 series. Rear Wheel drive is a must.

BMW's have a good standard when it comes to equipment, just about every one I've looked at has AC and other niceties wich is more rare with Volvos, not to mention their engines are great. Volvo's are sturdier and easier to maintain and many of the spare parts that have been made since 1966 until 1998 are interchangeable. The downside is that they're much thirstier when it comes to petrol.

I've gotten my eyes on this -03 BMW 525i but I'm getting cold feet. I really would prefer a 3-series, but everything about that 525 is nice, except the price. It's even in the same general area.

I HATE decisions like this. :<

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Anyways the screen on my phone is popping out and my gfs work schedule isn't compatible with mine till the weekend.

I am going to assume 'screen on phone popping out' is code, given the second part of the sentence.   :brows:

• Like 1

Rear Wheel drive is a must.

I'm curious why? Doesn't rear wheel drive suffer in the winters? You mention rwd around these parts and people look at you like your lucky not to have rolled your car in a ditch. :lol:

Yeah, around here it's the least desireable

Free games updated 3/4/21

I am going to assume 'screen on phone popping out' is code, given the second part of the sentence.   :brows:

Afraid not, it's just my phone showing wear. I don't speak in code and it looks like it's (maybe) quickies until Friday.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Bingo.

If I knew the guy personally? If I could confirm, for example, that he has more friends, I'd let loose and speak my mind. But I don't know that, and I can't do that to someone who may otherwise be friendless.

Why do you randomly put put two empty lines between some paragraphs, and one empty line between others? Your posts drive me crazy whenever I read them. ._.

Thought you were asking why I put spaces at all and I was just gonna say "so it's not all blocky." Then I realized that you're apparently able to notice two lines vs. one and this somehow bothers you. MIGHT YOU BE A TAD BIT OCD, IF I MAY INQUIRE?

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?