What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Replaying the Witcher 1. I downloaded two mods for it, the Book of Knowledge (which has Vesemir give you three books with all the monster and plant codexs and all potion formulas; no more pesky books and scrolls for me!), and the Rise of the White Wolf mod that adds textures and completely changes the GUI into something sleeker and similar to the Witcher 3.

So far I've been having a blast. The new GUI looks great and they gave Triss' outfit an actual neckline. XD

The hallucinogenic dart is like the "press x to win" weapon in AC: Syndicate.  Especially in those missions where you have a large group of enemies and one of the criteria is to eliminate them all without triggering an alarm.  Shoot one of their "heavies", and see him mow down most/all of them, then he dies of a heart attack when the drug wears off.

Only mission, so far, that it's not effective in is any mission where one bad guy has to be kept alive/kidnapped.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The hallucinogenic dart is like the "press x to win" weapon in AC: Syndicate.  Especially in those missions where you have a large group of enemies and one of the criteria is to eliminate them all without triggering an alarm.  Shoot one of their "heavies", and see him mow down most/all of them, then he dies of a heart attack when the drug wears off.

Only mission, so far, that it's not effective in is any mission where one bad guy has to be kept alive/kidnapped.

I agree with this totally.  Times where I need to take out a single target in a group where 10 are walking around and surrounding the individual, I just pop a few guys with the dart and bam, everyone drops.  :w00t:

I like using it in those Templar hunt missions, where you have to kill the lead guy, but the criteria is you have to do it without being spotted.  I just shoot him with the dart, and his men end up trying to kill him (or he kills them all, then dies after the drug wears off).  Voila!  No one spotted me.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It was the same way in Black Flag.  I think they were called berserker darts or something in that game.  You just hid in the bushes, shot a dart into the beefiest enemy around and he'd just kill like 3 dudes before they killed him.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Super easy.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No no, game over. :D You'll see when you play.

I only finished character creation so far.

I am a Clever Jack, apparently most attuned to Inigo and Gold.

I didn't get that far. I wanted to be superman and splattered on the ground. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

No no, game over. :D You'll see when you play.

I only finished character creation so far.

I am a Clever Jack, apparently most attuned to Inigo and Gold.

I didn't get that far. I wanted to be superman and splattered on the ground. :D

You can do that? I thought the "dive" option was kinda fishy, so I tried to desperately not die.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Playing Darkest Dungeon.

My Man-At-Arms is wearing two magical eye-patches.  Not entirely sure how that works, but one negates the negatives of the other leading to a great positive effect on the character. And I guess since the dungeon is dark the fact that he's now effectively blind is ultimately of little consequence.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Finished both Dying Light and 12 is better than 6. Dying Light was decent, their efforts in writing comedic characters just failed badly and the game got a bit boring towards the end.
12 is better than 6 is a indie shooting game like Hotline Miami. Got really damn boring after a while and the actual plot was quite short and not that great.

Now playing Dungeon of the Endless with my cousin and my Sunless Sea playthrough is still on some midpoint hiatus. Just too much to do and kinda losing focus on what I should really do and in what order :p

Hate the living, love the dead.

Here's my Xpadder profile if you're interested, for 360 pad.

Colored buttons are used for 1-4 abilities. RB is 5 (switching position), LB is ESC to quit out of dialogues.

Right trigger for left mouse button, left trigger for right mouse button. 

Up arrow is Shift, left arrow ctrl. Right stick moves the mouse cursor, left stick is for WSAD. Since you can quickly select abilities using the quick keys, you never have to move your mouse too much and clicking on characters is easy enough as they're huge. The most annoying bit is dragging characters into slots and switching between dungeon map and inventory, but it's not that bad.

Still AC Syndicate.

I should probably get back to playing the main story missions.  After messing around with the side content for a while, my characters are up to level 9.  The story missions I'm currently at suggest level 5.

On a side note: I hate any missions/tasks related to riding on a carriage.  Shooting enemies is near impossible, as the aiming is difficult and they don't ever miss when they're shooting at you with their guns.

I took a few days off from Satellite Reign.  It's a fairly long game.  I've mostly been playing Attractio.  Hilariously bad voice acting aside, I'm really enjoying the game.  The puzzles are challenging enough to get my cognitive juices flowing, but I've yet to encounter any puzzle that's gotten me really frustrated.  I feel the difficulty curve is pretty good so far.  Hopefully the difficulty keeps ramping up and I run into some truly devious puzzles toward the end of the game. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe I got lucky, but I'm 4 missions into Darkest Dungeon (counting the tutorial trip in the woods) and the game didn't seem as big of an unfair prick as before.
Except my starting Crusader hit lvl 2, has around 80 stress, can only pray for relief and the stupid caretaker decided to occupy just that spot. *grumble*