Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Blarghagh

I know they are completely unrelated, but every time I hear the word midichlorians, I keep thinking of photosynthesis.

Best thing they could do would be to ret-con them out of existence.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Clone wars is better in every way than the prequels. Even I was surprised, and I'm not the greatest fan of the Star Wars universe. Its likely to be better than this film too.

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I would say that Qui Gon never mastered path of immortality as his body didn't become part of force during his death like Obi-Wan's did in New Hope. Qui Gon was just poor jedi, which is why he couldn't even win wannabe sith like Maul.   :)

He's the worst Jedi...

i. Weak Force Sense

Obi-Wan Kenobi: I have a bad feeling about this.

Qui-Gon Jinn: I don't sense anything.

ii. Can't defeat two droids (and before that failed to open the door)

Qui Gon Jinn : We cannot defeat these droids, we must escape!

iii. Failed Jedi Mind Trick on a random merchant

Qui-Gon Jinn: I have 20,000 republic dataries...

Watto: Republic credits? Republic credits are no use out here. I need something different, something more real...

Qui-Gon: I don't have anything else, but credits will do fine. [waves his hand, attempting to use the Jedi mind trick]

Watto: No, they won'ta.

Qui-Gon: Credits will do fine. [tries the mind trick again]

Watto: No, they won'ta! What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks won't work on me; only money. No money! No parts! No deal! And no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that.

iv. He's the reason for everything happened in Episode 1 to 6

Qui-Gon Jinn : Finding him was the will of the force, I have no doubt of that.

Jedis can sense the future, surely he can see what Anakin would become, Yoda have sense it, everyone sense it, but he don't, like the first point he have a weak Jedi sense. Finding the boy lead to the fall of Jedi Order and the Republic...

Oh yes, he's the one who found Jar-Jar Binks, and that lead to the authroization by the Senate for the creation of clone army in which lead to the fall of Republic...

Edited by Qistina
  • Like 2

Or maybe Light Side people know when it's time to let go and Dark Side people will claw and scratch their way back using only their hate and dark side connection? It fits.

Exactly what Darth Sion, Lord of Pain did in the Sith Lords if I remember correctly.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I would say that Qui Gon never mastered path of immortality as his body didn't become part of force during his death like Obi-Wan's did in New Hope. Qui Gon was just poor jedi, which is why he couldn't even win wannabe sith like Maul.   :)

He's the worst Jedi...

i. Weak Force Sense

Watto: Republic credits? Republic credits are no use out here. I need something different, something more real...

Qui-Gon: I don't have anything else, but credits will do fine. [waves his hand, attempting to use the Jedi mind trick]

Watto: No, they won'ta! What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks won't work on me; only money. No money! No parts! No deal! And no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that.

Jedis can sense the future, surely he can see what Anakin would become, Yoda have sense it, everyone sense it, but he don't, like the first point he have a weak Jedi sense. Finding the boy lead to the fall of Jedi Order and the Republic...

Oh yes, he's the one who found Jar-Jar Binks, and that lead to the authroization by the Senate for the creation of clone army in which lead to the fall of Republic...

yes, but jar jar is a sith and could be using his powers to dull Qui Gon's senses... he is always around Qui Gon since the start of the movie

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

yes, but jar jar is a sith and could be using his powers to dull Qui Gon's senses... he is always around Qui Gon since the start of the movie

No, he's an Illuminati Jew... :p

Qui Gon have become a pawn of Sidious from the begining because Sidous have seen it all...Sidious planned everything based on premonitions but sometimes he just taking advantage of situations.  It is quite the failure of Jedis themselves cannot forsee it...that Sidious have been around them and they can't sense he's a Sith Lord...

I just wonder how powerful Sidious really is

• Like 1

Or maybe Light Side people know when it's time to let go and Dark Side people will claw and scratch their way back using only their hate and dark side connection? It fits.

Exactly what Darth Sion, Lord of Pain did in the Sith Lords if I remember correctly.

Most doctors wouldn't recommend massive doses of hate as treatment.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There was a game where mitochondria rebelled against human cells

Parasite Eve was a brilliant game, not the best but one of Square's better titles. I really wish they'd re-release it on PC. The combat system and weapon modding were both well designed and the New Game Plus was basically a separate game where you had to ascend a tower building fighting enemies on every floor.

He's the worst Jedi...

i. Weak Force Sense

https://youtu.be/_Z29OVZLbZk

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Epic firing stance by Han there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Qui Gon was just poor jedi,

I think the movie tried (and failed) to establish that this had become the prevalent norm at the time. That only a handful of Jedi were actually any good, the order suffered with complacency, arrogance, extreme orthodoxy or downright heresy - mirroring the equivalent development of almost all real world religious warrior cults.

Fortune favors the bald.

Heh.

Times - George Lucas on why He had Greedo Shoot First

Deep inside a compelling Washington Post profile of George Lucas is the Star Wars creator defending perhaps his most infamous bit of Special Edition tinkering: having Greedo shoot Han Solo first rather than the scruffy-looking smuggler taking a pre-emptive action.

Lucas says Han shooting first in the Mos Eisley cantina — which is what happened in the original edit of 1977’s debut Star Wars film — ran against the character’s principles. “Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer?’” Lucas asks. “Because I was thinking mythologically — should he be a cowboy, should he be John Wayne? And I said, ‘Yeah, he should be John Wayne.’ And when you’re John Wayne, you don’t shoot people [first] — you let them have the first shot. It’s a mythological reality that we hope our society pays attention to.”

In our recent interview with Harrison Ford, the actor refused to take a side on the Who Shot First debate. “Knock yourself out,” he said. “Have fun with it.”

Fans have long maintained that Lucas was just flat-out wrong on this one. The shooting established Ford’s character as somebody not to be messed with, and in the scene it’s pretty clear that Greedo is going to kill Han regardless (“Over my dead body” / “That’s the idea”). So Han waiting for Greedo to take a shot at him while at point blank range doesn’t make any sense.

But Lucas won’t read that, or your comment below, because he also admitted in the interview that he has “assiduously avoided the Internet since 2000 — no Facebook, no Twitter, no e-mail even.” The first of the oft-derided Star Wars prequel movies, The Phantom Menace, was released in 1999, so that was probably indeed a good time to bail out. Read that whole WashPost story here.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, not sure killing a dude who is pointing a gun at you, is intending to hand you over to someone who will kill you is cold blooded.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Han shot in self defence and that much is obvious to anyone with more than 1 brain cell. Lucas just wanted to make the scene retard-proof

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Yeah, not sure killing a dude who is pointing a gun at you, is intending to hand you over to someone who will kill you is cold blooded.

Greedo wasn't even going to hand him over alive to Jabba, it was pretty clear Greedo was intending to kill Han right there and then, so definitely not cold blooded to shoot first.  Cold blood would have been Greedo just sat there enjoying a cool beer, and Han just wanders in, see's him sat there and grabs the green ****er, garrotting him from behind while shouting "Die you green bastard!"

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Why is this even a topic? I'm pretty sure no one on the set cared about this detail when they were making the film. I don't understand how someone can obsess about an utterly irrelevant sequence in a children's movie.

Its like the: is Deckard a replicant? discussion, utterly ignoring the point of the film to look for hidden meanings that don't make sense.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Why does Greedo look so messed up at 0:56?

Original Greedo:

a65bf44447.png

0:56 Greedo:

4febc34ecf.png

That is some bad editing.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Why is this even a topic? I'm pretty sure no one on the set cared about this detail when they were making the film. I don't understand how someone can obsess about an utterly irrelevant sequence in a children's movie.

Its like the: is Deckard a replicant? discussion, utterly ignoring the point of the film to look for hidden meanings that don't make sense.

Mostly as he changed it. Like the walkie-talkies instead of guns in E.T..