What's on the idiot box?

Blarghagh

I don't think that restriction had a huge effect on Arrow. They chose to kill off Waller by the showrunner's own admission so it was basically no Deadshot*/ Boomerang/ Deathstroke and perhaps Cupid instead of Harley. They're all losses but shouldn't be that serious- after all, they got Ras al Ghul to use and then monumentally asterisked him up, and had Deathstroke for an ep and did a terrible job there too. It's also a historical policy; Smallville had, what, no flying and no suit restrictions? and that was supposed to be Superman rather than a relative B lister like (Green) Arrow.

The current policy is a mess protecting a misfiring cinematic universe to the benefit of neither. Having said that, there have to be some restrictions- Gotham should get 1st dibs on Batman characters etc.

*well, non Earth 2 version since Floyd was in Flash.

Person of Interest is going out with a bang. Every episode in this season has been better than last and only three more left. This is how you end a series.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The Season Finale with Rex Tyler was great. JSA incoming for next season. :yes:

I'm guessing the rumor Matt Ryan's John Constantine was going to be one of the main cast members next season isn't true

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was pretty disappointed to hear that Limitless was not going to be renewed. It was enjoyable for me; particularly the quirky nature of the protagonist. One of the few I've wanted to keep up on, besides Walking Dead.

I wouldn't mind seeing a dystopian horror CP series that combined technological elements of Limitless, Second Chance, and Continuum, with some quirky and interesting characters.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'm guessing the rumor Matt Ryan's John Constantine was going to be one of the main cast members next season isn't true

I like Matt Ryan's portrayal of Constantine but I don't think it fits with the super hero TV shows. Really needs to be his own show or part of another supernatural show imo.

I like Matt Ryan's portrayal of Constantine but I don't think it fits with the super hero TV shows. Really needs to be his own show or part of another supernatural show imo.

I wouldn't mind CW cancelling Supernatural and replacing it with a Hellblazer show. I was under the impression Legends of Tomorrow was going to be an anthology show with a rotating cast and JC was going to be part of a supernatural themed second season.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I really can't stand Supernatural anymore. Ever since the final of season 5 it just went downhill with only a few good episode somewhere in between. Started watching season 11 now just-because and again, everything seems to be repeating. It's getting tiresome.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The season that just ended was actually pretty good. They had to make up for the atrocious last season

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think the last season of Supernatural that I watched had Lilith or the leviathans as the big bad

They built up Lilith only to kill her in a random episode, so stupid. This season dealt with the Darkness, God's sister who he locked away in order to create the universe. Upcoming season looks like its dealing more with the Men of Letters, which is one of the better concepts they have come up with post-season 5.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

First pictures of American Gods for those who might not have seen...

xoel4jmgc6s8sqir7ndh.png

syxqd6utysl4qxw0bcpx.jpg

Entertainment Weekly has unveiled two new photos, featuring Mr. Wednesday (played by Ian McShane), Shadow Moon (played by Ricky Whittle), and Mad Sweeney (played by Pablo Schreiber)—with Shadow Moon and Mad Sweeney going toe-to-toe in front of the glory of Jack’s Crocodile Bar:
It’s a recreation of a scene early on in Neil Gaiman’s iconic novel, where Shadow is only just entering the weird and wonderful world of the gods, proving himself to Wednesday in his bust-up with Sweeney the leprechaun. Producer Bryan Fuller told the site that the set is the “tonal landgrab” for what American Gods wants to get out of its aesthetic:

It was one of the sets that we were the most excited about and an opportunity to do a tonal landgrab for what we are and what the style of the show will be. [Jack’s] is a kind of hillbilly chic aesthetic for Shadow’s entrée into the world of the gods.

And man, it looks pretty fabulous so far. American Gods is set to hit Starz next year.

With the current casting, this does look like it could be gold.  Gillian Anderson as media, Ian McShane as Mr Wednesday, Peter Stormare as Czernobog, Orlando Jones as Mr Nancy...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

our initial reaction to a few o' the announced choices were ambivalence.  were gonna be almost impossible to get shadow correct based on the physical descriptions.  numerous characters in the book mention that they don't know what is shadows ethnic background. light eyes, dark skin and a somewhat grizzled don't-f@#*-with-me trucker/biker/lumberjack vibe.  physically, mr. nancy is old, short and skinny.  doesn't take much effort to make an actor appear older, though is rare done well.  gotta be able to dapper and sardonic for mr. nancy.  orlando jones is skinny-- leave it at that. czernobog is old, eastern-european, and having grey hair. the man is all rough edges and blunt force. peter stormare can do the rough edges part o' the character. media first appears to shadow from a tv broadcast o' an old i love lucy episode. will be kinda fun to see gillian anderson doing lucy ricardo.

am a big ian mcshane fan.  in the books, mr. wednesday coulda been described as a 6'6, 300 lb mexican man in his early twenties and we still woulda' approved o' ian mcshane.  mr. wednesday is a morally bankrupt conman extraordinaire who manipulates... everybody.  he is burt lancaster doing elmer gantry, but w/o any conflicts o' conscience. 

dunno. the book got a bit messy and lacked focus at times.  is not our favorite gaiman.  is possible that it will actual do better in episodic tv format.  each cast member and unique american locale will have time to shine w/o distracting from the core story. as we noted already, a few o' the casting choices don't strike us as intuitive, but none o' the choices is necessarily bad, and we will give almost anything with ian mcshane a shot. showrunner bryan fuller were responsible for wonderfalls and pushing daisies, both o' which we loved unabashedly. kinda liked dead like me, and we heard hannibal were okie dokie. *shrug*  am optimistic. not even need qualify as cautious optimistic.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Pumped, I got three seasons of Batman: The Animated Series on disc. Haven't seen full episodes for tens of years.

was there ever blu-ray for btas? on dvd we got the volumes 1-4, which is kinda confusing as it includes season 1, 2 and the new batman adventures... or that is how we recollect. 

we actual took a date to see mask of the phantasm when it played in theatres.  needless to say, we didn't date long, but we still got fond memories o' seeing btas batman on the big screen.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No blu-ray ... 4:3 2.0 is the show's final resting place, suitable as it is. I just watched the first of the best episodes, Poison Ivy's intro ... so good.

What, a college junior, star athlete, taking a date to an animated comic book movie ... paradoxical.

All Stop. On Screen.

Been looking forward to that starting almost as much as the Twin Peaks continuation.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man