What you did today

Blarghagh

You could prove you can provide links by providing links to proof. original.gif

Yes...that would usually be the normal thing to do for someone who actually wants to support and convince others of their outlandish claims, wouldn't it...if the person actually had evidence and didn't instead just blow off anyone who dared question their asininity. ;)

I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs about dumpster diving for rotten, half maggot-devoured corpses while preparing food. An ill-advised choice on my part. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You could prove you can provide links by providing links to proof. original.gif

Yes...that would usually be the normal thing to do for someone who actually wants to support and convince others of their outlandish claims, wouldn't it...if the person actually had evidence and didn't instead just blow off anyone who dared question their asininity. ;)

I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs about dumpster diving for rotten, half maggot-devoured corpses while preparing food. An ill-advised choice on my part. :p

You might be annoyed at constantly being asked to back up your claims, but there is no good reason why you shouldn't be able to. It's going to take more than stating your conviction to convince anyone after all. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs about dumpster diving for rotten, half maggot-devoured corpses while preparing food. An ill-advised choice on my part. tongue.png

The one with them artificially breeding turkey's may have been the worst one I've seen. If I'd have been eating, I would have been sick.

Luckily I learned pretty quickly that eating and Dirty Jobs doesn't go well together. tongue.png

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No...no, they really don't. I had to stick through with it, though, because there wasn't anything else even vaguely interesting-seeming on...and I didn't feel like turning on a movie just for while I was making food. Rotting dumpster corpses it is! :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

http://www.walkthetalk.co.za/

Tomorrow  I am doing "Walk the Talk " which is a well supported event where you go on a walk to support various charities or SJ causes that you feel South Africa grapples with 

I'm doing the 15 km walk so I need be up at 5 am. Its actually better than providing a link to support your view...you commit to doing this walk  in RL which then in turn raises visibility :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I could have sworn I heard that on a Seinfeld episode but I couldn't find it. I did stumble across a this site which "debunks" what I thought was a joke the whole time. :lol:

You may be thinking of Kramer's Dominican cigar rollers...and not Cuban like he initially thinks....but I don't think they ever actually mention that particular myth. :p

Speaking of which, I wonder when Ill be able to get my hands on a good Cuban cigar. Rumor has it that they are rolled between the thighs of virgins. I don't even like cigars but Ill buy a Cuban just to try it.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I googled Cuban woman rolling cigar and the first hit I got was...

25jfrqv.jpg

Well you don't know if she isn't still a virgin.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I got perma-banned from Bethesda's forums.

Can fully respect it, just find it a tad queer. I've been a member for probably 9 years and have over 10,000 posts. Of those 10,000+, 5 of those earned me warnings, and of those three warnings, three were related to swearing. One was a link to a DSP video where DSP sucks at New Vegas, another was me swearing and thinking "it's ok because the forum filter will catch it" and they still got mad at me because my post was filled with the censor, and the last was me attempting to filter a word myself. Top that off with the fact that wtf Bethesda games are riddled with swearing, and I do find the decision to permanently suspend my account a bit odd.

Don't mind not being able to return so much, I just can't help but feel like this is a strict system that's being followed to the letter without anyone bothering to ask why it exists. I would hardly say someone with 10,000 posts and 5 objectionable ones is a blight on the community, yet I've been caught by the system in place and permanently removed for it. Granted, I am of course the one who insisted on continuing to try and throw a **** or two into my posts so I must take responsibility, but that does not mean that I still don't harbor criticisms of the system itself.

Just kind of a pet peeve of mine when a system has little imperfections like that. "Imperfections" is of course subjective, but again I find it difficult to make a case for "that guy with 9995 welcome posts and 5 objectional ones and an average of .5 objectional posts per year has totally gotta go."

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Would you believe, we have never actually perma-banned anyone. Excluding bots and the like. 

Sometimes we put people on moderated status on a more or less permanent basis, which means it might take a long time before you see a reply to your post.

I mean I'm not sitting here trying to say "omg their system sucks u guys r waaaaaaaaaaay better" cause as I said it's subjective but....

When I started law school, there was a very early lesson we got taught it state law. A lot of students forgot it quickly. Why? Because it was useless. It wasn't practical or useful knowledge for the exams. The exams would examine if we knew how to properly break apart a case, nothing more.

What the professor taught us is that if there's a law that's perhaps unconstitutional or you as a lawyer, politician or congress member feel that a law needs re-examining, there's a method to doing so. The very first part of re-examining a law? If...say, you have a client guilty of violating a law but feel the law itself serves no purpose....? You ask the why of it. You ask why that law was created to begin with, what it's purpose is, and what it's supposed to prevent. This system is presumably why there are ridiculous laws in random US states such as no putting ketchup on a PB&J sandwich, and yet no one ever gets arrested for these: because you cannot make a case for why that law exists to begin with. It does nothing to benefit society.

Unfortunately, again that knowledge isn't practical. In reality, a lawyer typically accepts normal cases where they can expect a certain outcome and process, while people shy away from the ones where the potential solution is "take this **** to a higher court by arguing with the judge about how frivilous the law is to begin with." No one cares about being able to do that because for the most part, the laws we have are already reasonable and sound, and many are content to leave it as "let's wait for a fringe case to come along that highlights the flaws or imperfections of a law, then we'll take that to the highest court who will then fix the problem." And that's a fantasy. Coming across such a case as a lawyer is a fantasy of sorts cause you get your name in the headlines and in history.

But yeah, I cannot help but look at my ban and wonder "why the hell hasn't anyone at Bethesda looked at their system and determined warnings should expire over time," or "why the hell does swearing remain a bannable offense when their own posterchild Todd Howard makes it a habit of going up on stage at press conferences and dropping F-bombs? They can't seriously expect people to not expect a very relaxed attitude towards swearing offenses even IF it is presented in the forum rules...?"

More than happy to accept responsibility, accept the ban and remove the forums from my browser tab, but hell yes I clicked the "contact the administrator" button and voiced my criticism of the system as a whole. :p

It's k anyways cause Fallout 4 is gonna suck massive donkey **** anyways OH SNAP OH SNAP YEAH I WENT THERE

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

I don't like boards that are too rigid. We try to be as open as... well, the guidelines that Obs set for us allow, really. It helps that the guidelines are guidelines and they say "interpreted by moderators". Plus the annoying thing about banning is that even armed with just a browser you can set up a million vpns and get around it. Banning usually just means hunting down alts after. It's much easier to make sure we can catch bad material before you guys see it. :) Occassionally the wrong thing still slips through, though.

My only regret is that I didn't get to post this before my ban:

Oh and I won't lie....maybe I'm super sensitive (not something I think people suspect while talking to me), but it actually does bum me out to be banned. :c

Turns out my ban was for very sarcastically mocking how flawed and stupid someone's logic was in an argument I made. If anyone's curious enough you can easily spot it in my post history there (I'd link but I can't view ANYTHING on that forum now) and should be my third-to-last post or so (second?), but yeah.

It doesn't bum be out in the sense that like, I'll miss posting there (was posting less and less and don't plan on purchasing FO4), but rather....Iunno, sometimes I just feel MISUNDERSTOOD, if I can sound like an angsty teenager for a moment. :p  Example of what I mean: recently I've been fed a lot of clips of Game of Thrones on Youtube. A character I had immense respect for was Tywin. Tywin is a total ass and does some pretty mean ****, but the man is ****ing right a lot of the time. He's harsh, he's insulting, and he makes you mad at him, but by god he's right. Saw a comment that said "I hated Tywin, but I respected him. I respected the ever-living **** out of him." Yeah, that's what I think too. Characters like Tywin or Caesar in New Vegas are characters I have immense respect for.
    These are the types of people that'll call you an idiot, they'll shout at you if they think you're tremendously wrong, they'll be blunt, bold and downright rude, but everything they're doing is in good faith. They're as bold as they are because they want to see improvement. Improvement from themselves, their friends and allies, and even the person they're currently insulting.

But both of these characters are unpopular, and likewise, so am I. :p Not in real life. Nah, in real life I'm too much of a pansy to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm the type of person that it emotionally pains me (talking physical pain here) to emotionally hurt someone, so I can't do it and only confront someone if I feel it's absolutely needed, but otherwise I try to be gentle or passive with conflicts. Online though? I know people won't get their feelings hurt, nor will my input be valued as much, so I don't hold back. And online? I'm notoriously infamous in communities. :D

But yeah, it's a bit upsetting to think about, because it often bothers me to see people more focused on how I said something rather than what I said. It's as if I said "you can't combine caesium with water you retarded half-wit" and instead of actually, yknow, listening and not doing it, people just get SOOOO emotionally upset that they do it, and then omg they blow up because the advice and the point itself was sound. Yes I realize I can avoid the tone to get them to not react emotionally, but I suppose it bothers me that people do so frequently react so emotionally. I want to get past that. I want to see people so accustomed to that dramatic and hyperbolized speech that it's filtered out and instead we focus solely on what's said and not on how it's said.

Maybe that's idiocy on my part, but stilll....a bit saddening to me to know that characters like the Tywins or the Caesars or my online self are so infamous, when wtf I still feel I had plenty of value to say and never even meant that biting sarcasm in my post to be malicious, personally hateful or hurtful. Was meant as more mocking sarcasm and a "this wasn't your brightest moment huh? :D" rather than as an "OMFG UR SO STUPID AND WORTHLESS YOU SHOULD JUST GO KILL YOURSELF" kind of tone.

Edited by Longknife

t's k anyways cause Fallout 4 is gonna suck massive donkey **** anyways OH SNAP OH SNAP YEAH I WENT THERE

I get the feeling it won't be great either. The dialog wheel and pc voice acting gives me a poor impression.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I recently overcame a debilitating condition. For a few years now, my master bedroom TV was only displaying in 720p while all the other TV's in my house displayed 1080i. This was greatly preying on my mind. Then the other day I happen to glance at the cable box and there in the front is an inconspicuous button labeled "format". I press it a few times and notice the TV cycle through 720, then 420, then with trembling hand, 1080i. HUZZAH! I was so excited I felt compelled to go downstairs and drag my wife up to see! She dutifully nodded her head and walked away but Im excited. No more watching that crappy 720p like a chump. :lol:

• Like 2

Why do Brits say sport instead of sports and maths instead of math? Is it just us being unique? I never really paid that much attention to it before but I've been hanging around more expats and it sounds odd to my ear and really stands out

Other than that just school and work and work and school

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I saw a classic long double barrel side-by-side shotgun with external hammers at my favorite gun shop. Love at first sight. My starving piggy bank is good for another 600 bucks and I've found enough excuses to buy one so....yay.

A classic double barrel shotgun is pure beauty, especially today with all the plastic and soulless blocky form-follows-function designs. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wonderful heat here, 31 C and little wind and a hot sun sure make for a fun walk home

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonderful heat here, 31 C and little wind and a hot sun sure make for a fun walk home

You got it nice, the past week it was 39 c here, this week it's a mellow 31-34 c... Though it wasn't that bad as I'm on vacation and don't have to go out, so I just put the blinds down and turn on the 2 AC on max.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP