New Soulbound weapons that have special abilities depending on the class using, and will get stronger over time

I wonder if they offer pacifist / diplomat methods for upgrading. Id hate for some players to be forced to kill everything in the game just to improve their weapons.

New Soulbound weapons that have special abilities depending on the class using, and will get stronger over time

I wonder if they offer pacifist / diplomat methods for upgrading. Id hate for some players to be forced to kill everything in the game just to improve their weapons.

Actually this makes sense to me.  A sword is meant for killing things so a blood drenched soulbound sword should I think be stronger than one seldom used.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I would be fine with both approaches being valid for different weapons, or giving different bonuses, but think that I'd be less satisfied with the Disposition approach simply because Dispositions in the game is so goddamn wonky. Without tags, you'd never know if something is Aggressive or Cruel, what is Rational (because derp), and forget about Passionate being anything other than Chaotic Stupid or Benevolent.

There definitely should be a dialogue/dispositions pass of the main game and some strictly defined rules regarding what is what and how it should be represented in dialogue. Right now it's extremely arbitrary and each writer seems to have had it's own ideas here and there.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

why would a pacifist want weapons upgrading?

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Why would a pacifist want a soulbound weapon?

Soulbound Healing Shiv?  ;)

FF XII AI making system? We can only hope...

Back when FF XII came out a lot of people complained about the AI playing the game for them but no one complained about it not working. It was a card/slot based AI building system where you specified conditions and responses and listed them based on priorities, so if two or more conditions were fulfilled the AI would perform the one with the highest priority. This "make your own AI"  system plus the AI OFF button and the current controls on POE would make for an awesome combination.

I kinda expected something like the old infinity games, pick the AI package from those available plus a few extra options and roll with it.

Why would a pacifist want a soulbound weapon?

Soulbound Healing Shiv?  ;)

[...]

Just reminds me of Borderlands, which I'm playing with my girlfriend at the moment, and the act of shooting someone in the head to heal them. "I'M HEALING YOU, I'M HEALING YOU! BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!". :lol:

Wasn't it also in IWD2 where you could summon a healing staff that you whacked people with to heal them? Good times.

We definitely need a Eldoth's Benevolent Shiv +4, stabbing the hell out of someone, blood everywhere, healing them.

"I'll be fine. The doctor said all the bleeding was internal. That's where the blood's supposed to be!"

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg

A weapon that gets defensive and spellcasting abilities when upgraded (like Dak'kon's sword when you're treating him well)?

Exactly, and it would be darned unfair to make pacifists and diplomats to kill to upgrade their weapons. Isnt there a way to not kill mooks anyway (capture them and put them in your prison)? So, whatever you do to not kill in those cases can be made game wide where you simply beat them unconscious with the flat of your blade, or like. Otherwise, like kill xp, this will literally force people to kill every living thing on the face of Eora.  :yes:

• Like 1

Something to consider: when they said use they may not have meant literally.  I would not be surprised if it simply meant that whenever the character earned xp their weapon would also gained the equivalent increase in power (perhaps their own 'weapon xp').  So it wouldn't be literally using the weapon but rather having one equipped whenever they gained xp.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

From Josh's instagram:

N9sceKc.png

kQpU22g.png

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Being official promotional material for the expansion, my educated guess is that they'll release it as a wallpaper sooner or later.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Anyone else think that they should have Eder use the larder door shield in official art?

IDK - he doesn't always get it in my games - my paladin is currently using it  :disguise:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Anyone else think that they should have Eder use the larder door shield in official art?

God, I hated this item! A door for a shield! And you had to it carry aroud half the game till you found a proper replacement. 

Edited by Eisenheinrich

God, I hated this item! A door for a shield! And you had to it carry aroud half the game till you found a proper replacement.

I thought it was funny at first. Then I realized that it's not a joke item and that it's actually one of the best shields, and proceeded to promptly piss me off.

I actually stopped using it before I found a good replacement, simply because it was annoying me that much.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

No one-handed implements? No Bash as a Talent tree? I am disappoint.

also, josh observed that there were numerous unforeseen implementation issues in poe that prevented a more robust stronghold feature.  he seemed to think that improvements to the stronghold would come about IF a sequel were developed.

That still doesn't explain why they haven't solved the infinite money sink problem. Taxes need to be based on passage of time, and facilities upgrades need to be based on the passage of turns. This does not require a whole ton of dev resources.

It's only fitting.

We are only missing a barbarian, so I guess it could be some sort of monster. As long as it isn't some sort of rainbow bear...  :banghead:

What? Okku was the best. Rainbow Bear forever plz

I don't think the writers on either KOTOR fully understood the universe they where writing in.

Is that why they're the only good entries in the EU?

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I don't think the writers on either KOTOR fully understood the universe they where writing in.

Myself being german I think germany is quite a good entry in the European Union. Your mileage may differ, of course.

HA! 

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

As for the Stronghold I can understand the problem and maybe the impossibility of adding new buildings and personally I do not think we need more buildings.  I think we need more people to give a feeling of life to the to the Stronghold.  

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Myself being german I think germany is quite a good entry in the European Union. Your mileage may differ, of course.

HA! 

They should call me Mario, because I just got one up'd.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

*see's what you did there*

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams