Mature discussion on LGBT/Feminists who want to censor games.

luzarius

My personal experience

Here is what I've learned from Dragon Age Inquisition.

A) Most feminists want censorship in games and NOT equality.

B) LGBT want censorship and want revenge on straight people for years of oppression.

C) LGBT/Feminists have made an attack against straight male gamers by purposely making Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man and making Josephine as ugly as possible, thus setting up straight male gamers to be called bigots & misogynists if they express a desire for more attractive women.

Bioware employees shows support for feminist Anita Sarkeesian who are calling for heavy censorship in games and NOT equality. I repeat Anita Sarkeesian does not want equality, she wants censorship.  When I see Anita rage, all I see are ex-girlfriends who didn't like me playing games on my computer.

Source: Bioware Employee's David Gaider & John Epler defending Anita Sarkeesian - http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=8 - John Epler is also mentioned, keep in mind John Epler is known for heavy censorship of forum posts on Bioware. It's not a surprise seeing him support feminists who are promoting censorship instead of equality.

FOR THE RECORD: I do not approve of anyone threatening females in anyway. If I see that in real life, I will respond and protect the female with my life. I also respect a women's right to free speech.  Unfortunately Bioware forum moderators respect a feminists and LGBT's freedom of speech far more than a straight male persons right to speak.

Objective Evidence

- Brothel removed from DAI even though present in DAO, DA2.

- Desire demons removed from DAI even though present in DAO, DA2.

- 98.3% of women in DAI have been hit with the ugly stick except for morrigan, leliana and isabela (she's in the multiplayer now).

- Cassandra Pentaghast modeled with a male skull, instead of a female skull.

- Most straight male gamers complaining about the PC of Dragon Age Inquisition get their posts locked, end up getting multiple warnings or get flat out banned.

- Please report any other content removal that may relate to feminists and lgbt's getting their way.

When you remove content people have come to expect from a series, your product will fall under the category of bait & switch.

Goal of this post

a) To prove that most feminsts & LGBT want censorship in gaming based upon Dragon Age Inquisition political correct design. They want cenorship and NOT equality.

b) To help give companies an idea of the various kinds of gamers that are present in the community.

c) To prove to the community that straight male gamers want equality and not censorship when in fact feminists & LGBT are demanding censorship.

d) To let my fellow straight male gamers know that if you are called a bigot or misogynist, just don't give a ****.  We know how much we love the ladies.

I've been called a bigot and a misogynist, but I've yet to meet a feminist or LGBT who actually tried to understand a straight male gamers point of view.

Let the mature discussion commence.

DISCLAIMER

I give permission to anyone to go full blast on me, you can call me names, use profanity and basically just be your true self. I will not be affected by this in anyway.

Edited by luzarius

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

What the **** am I reading.

Here, let's summarize my entire post into a single image.

cassandra_pentaghast_ugly.jpg

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Hey, the world has many unattractive women that we have to deal with. I guess computer games should to. As far as the brothels and stuff being removed, that's what mods are for. Have you even SEEN some of the stuff made for Fallout? You can turn your character into a drug addicted junkie prostitute with fully visualized sex scenes. 

Besides I always figured somewhere between one area transition of another my character was stopping and "taking care of business" somewhere.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

In DA women can shoot LIGHTNING FROM THEIR FINGERS.

Is this a misrepresenation of women, portraying female sexuality as inherently dangerous, OR IS IT JUST A FANTASY SETTING?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My personal experience

Here is what I've learned from Dragon Age Inquisition.

A) Most feminists want censorship in games and NOT equality.

B) LGBT want censorship and want revenge on straight people for years of oppression.

C) LGBT/Feminists have made an attack against straight male gamers by purposely making Cassandra Pentaghast look like a man and making Josephine as ugly as possible, thus setting up straight male gamers to be called bigots & misogynists if they express a desire for more attractive women.

Bioware employees shows support for feminist Anita Sarkeesian who are calling for heavy censorship in games and NOT equality. I repeat Anita Sarkeesian does not want equality, she wants censorship.  When I see Anita rage, all I see are ex-girlfriends who didn't like me playing games on my computer.

Source: Bioware Employee's David Gaider & John Epler defending Anita Sarkeesian - http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=8 - John Epler is also mentioned, keep in mind John Epler is known for heavy censorship of forum posts on Bioware. It's not a surprise seeing him support feminists who are promoting censorship instead of equality.

FOR THE RECORD: I do not approve of anyone threatening females in anyway. If I see that in real life, I will respond and protect the female with my life. I also respect a women's right to free speech.  Unfortunately Bioware forum moderators respect a feminists and LGBT's freedom of speech far more than a straight male persons right to speak.

Objective Evidence

- 98.3% of women in DAI have been hit with the ugly stick except for morrigan, leliana and isabela (she's in the multiplayer now).

- Most straight male gamers complaining about the PC of Dragon Age Inquisition get their posts locked, end up getting multiple warnings or get flat out banned.

- Please report any other content removal that may relate to feminists and lgbt's getting their way.

When you remove content people have come to expect from a series, your product will fall under the category of bait & switch.

Goal of this post

a) To prove that most feminsts & LGBT want censorship in gaming based upon Dragon Age Inquisition political correct design. They want cenorship and NOT equality.

b) To help give companies an idea of the various kinds of gamers that are present in the community.

c) To prove to the community that straight male gamers want equality and not censorship when in fact feminists & LGBT are demanding censorship.

d) To let my fellow straight male gamers know that if you are called a bigot or misogynist, just don't give a ****.  We know how much we love the ladies.

I've been called a bigot and a misogynist, but I've yet to meet a feminist or LGBT who actually tried to understand a straight male gamers point of view.

Let the mature discussion commence.

DISCLAIMER

I give permission to anyone to go full blast on me, you can call me names, use profanity and basically just be your true self. I will not be affected by this in anyway.

I see you are still going on  about this

I am prepared to have this debate with you despite the fact I see you as bigot who hides behind the view " you want to have an open debate "

For the record I am proud supporter of the LGBT community and I am committed to gender equality 

First question, is your overall point about the fact that there are no aesthetically pleasing options around Romance arcs  for a heterosexual, white male in  DA:I ?

Or is this nothing to do with Romance but you feel all the characters  within  DA:I are just ugly ?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Brothels are a key part of the next-gen RPG experience. Any game designer not putting whores in is one I don't need to bother with.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A) Most feminists want censorship in games and NOT equality. (...)

Bioware employees shows support for feminist Anita Sarkeesian who are calling for heavy censorship in games and NOT equality. I repeat Anita Sarkeesian does not want equality, she wants censorship. (...)

(...) feminists who are promoting censorship instead of equality.

(...) most feminsts & LGBT want censorship in gaming (...) They want cenorship and NOT equality.

(...) in fact feminists & LGBT are demanding censorship.

I hate it when people do this.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

1) Does anyone else think there is too much effort made to make interpersonal relationships in video games a little too lifelike? I mean, c'mon man it's a video game!

2) Does anyone else think its a little silly to get worked up over every design decision and the real or perceived reason behind them? I mean, c'mon man it's a video game!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Don't think they're really that lifelike now or will be. Really hard to do a relationship that progresses in that manner as the time the developer allows isn't that much (say, 30 hours for an Epic™ game). They certainly do try though, lots of their consumers are looney bins :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hot chicks are soooooo passé. Ugly is now the new beautiful, you silly kids.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't know if it's just me getting old but I have yet to play a computer game (with the possible exception of PoE) that I enjoyed as much as the old IE & Fallout 1 & 2 games. The new games are beautiful to look at but just seem so empty, so soulless. Even characters are clichéd and the interaction between them so contrived. It's hard to get worked up over something you just don't care much about.

Thomas Sowell

1) Does anyone else think there is too much effort made to make interpersonal relationships in video games a little too lifelike? I mean, c'mon man it's a video game!

2) Does anyone else think its a little silly to get worked up over every design decision and the real or perceived reason behind them? I mean, c'mon man it's a video game!

As far as point 1 is concerned I would say you may not feel like this under the following circumstances

• You come from a minority gaming group like the LGBT  community
  • You enjoy Romance and battle to find games that cater for your demographic and Romance arcs

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Romance in video games. Ugh. What a mess that has become. I'd like to go back to 1998 when BI was designing BG2 and tell them what this will ultimately turn into. On top of the fact that the Jaheria romance will always be a buggy mess this romance thing turned into a huge crap storm that drives everyone nuts for incomprehensible reasons. Of course they were just the first. If it hadn't been them it would have been someone else.

Skyrim did it best. Here is my amulet of Mara, now I can marry whoever the heck I want and it doesn't matter because they all say the same s--t.

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Vidya romance is awful and needs to be purged with nuclear fire.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

• You enjoy Romance and battle to find games that cater for your demographic and Romance arcs

Not sure one being a minority group really means your longing for detailed relationships with fake characters any less weird. I can see them getting worked up over things in games, though people are offended by so much we'd need a bevy of examples, heh.

Also, what do you mean cater for your romance arcs - isn't that the same as your demographic ?

Skyrim did it best. Here is my amulet of Mara, now I can marry whoever the heck I want and it doesn't matter because they all say the same s--t.

:lol:

Most promancers aren't that favorable to the Skyrim way of Romance implementation 

John Milton 

Most promancers aren't that favorable to the Skyrim way of Romance implementation 

Hey they got it in, it took almost no effort, no one could be offended by it, and it can be easily skipped. I'd say they nailed it!

No pun intended

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Objective Evidence

• Had the brothel ever added anything other than some quest pieces (that could have been placed elsewhere) and a place to waste your money?  I've never seen the point, to be honest.
  • Imshael was a Desire Demon in DAI
  • I'd be interested in seeing how you can make an objective calculation of this percentage (personal taste is not objective)
  • And...?
  • Who cares about what happens on the bio boards when not on the bio boards?
  • Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I say lets unleash Bruce on Japanese dating sims... Just to make sure he has all the romance in games he could ever want..  :shifty:

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You people need to find some real problems... if noone would feed any attention to the likes of AS (i had to look it up who that is and still dont really get what's the case) who are nothing but attention whores, cunning ones since they monetize their rambling, but still attention whores who no one in the world of sane people would give 2 Fs about. But there we have some people I won't describe due to extensive usage of derogatory adjectives needed for it, who gave the attention and started to bloat simple ramblings into such a scale that evebtually it reaches some PR people and minor media hence needs to be somehow addressed. And in the age of everyone being obsessed in the PR of not even being hinted as discriminating you get such results from huge companies that need to report to their shareholders...

Not sure one being a minority group really means your longing for detailed relationships with fake characters any less weird. I can see them getting worked up over things in games, though people are offended by so much we'd need a bevy of examples, heh.

Also, what do you mean cater for your romance arcs - isn't that the same as your demographic ?

So GD was asking  " Does anyone else think there is too much effort made to make interpersonal relationships in video games a little too lifelike"

My response basically being  no because this thread is really about Bioware games and the way they have endorsed inclusion specifically around the LGBT community

The objective from Bioware  is to provide Romance and characters that offer heterosexual and homosexual  options ( and this includes dialogue and not just Romance dialogue) . But yes the options still need work to make them more realistic for many people but this is a work in progress. So in other words they aren't lifelike yet so work still needs to be done

And what I mean by demographics is there are really two angles that the LGBT community is asking for , they want to interact and meet people in the game that come from the LGBT community ( like in real life )  and they want  gay Romance options. These are two different but similar objectives. The former applies to your demographic and the latter applies to  a Romance arc

I hope this makes sense :)

John Milton 

I say lets unleash Bruce on Japanese dating sims... Just to make sure he has all the romance in games he could ever want..  :shifty:

John Milton