[FIGHTER BUILD] for Path of the Damned, Trial of Iron, with RP inspired by evil Teal'c

CRUEL/AGGRESSIVE/STOIC EVIL TEAL'C

zvvthh.jpg

Difficulty: Path of the Damned

Mode: Trial of Iron

Race:

- Island Aumaua since the extra weapon set comes in handy. 

1st weapon slot - Hatchet (+5 deflection), Large Shield (+16 deflection) (use this slot when you're tanking when lots of enemies are hitting you)

2nd weapon slot - Single Weapon with Accuracy bonus(spear,dagger,rapier,etc - use this slot when no one is attacking you for the increase in accuracy)

3rd weapon slot - Heavy Hitting Ranged Weapon or Single Handed DR Reduction Weapon (use this slot as utility based on the situation)

- The Living Lands +1 Might

Class: Fighter

Role: Heavy Tanking (Full Party) - No custom made companions.

Might: 21

Con: 17

Dex: 3

Per: 17

Int: 3

Resolve: 17

Take: Knockdown

Take: Laborer for +1 Athletic & Mechanic

Take: Rapid Recovery

Take: Defender

In order of priority increase Mechanic, Athletic, then a little bit to survival, lore and sneaking. I like having multiple utilities at my disposal.

ARMOR: Brigandine, Plate, Heavy Armor, etc

Tactics:

- IMPORTANT: Have Eder or your DPS ready to move behind enemies to flank them, this lowers enemy deflection so you can land more hits.  You have to be right behind the enemy then look for the flanked status on the enemy. This is important especially if you're playing POTD difficulty for the fights at the start of the game (camp). If you don't flank, you're just prolonging the fight which means more damage to your health.

- FOOD, use food before fights that give damage reduction (ale) and +10 endurance minimum.  Food is cheap eat and drink hearty before battle!

- Use Hatchet & Large Shield when tanking, Hatchet gives you even more deflection. If no one is attacking you then switch to a average or fast speed weapon with accuracy. This same concept applies to any other tank or offtank in the party.

- Use choke points when you can with tanks in front (duh), focus fire one enemy when possible (duh).

- Pull with a ranged weapon and make sure you and Eder are both engaged before moving in any other character. It's more important to control a fight rather than rushing to do DPS.  I repeat, use your tank and Eder to position the enemies, once the enemies are attacking your tanks, THEN you can start using your other characters (moving them, attacking, healing, etc).  Side note: If you have a rogue then pull with powerful ranged weapon for sneak attack.

- I REPEAT, make sure your tanks are engaged with all the enemies before you use your other companions for anything. Once the enemies are settled in their positions, then make your DPS/Healing move.

- Priests basic combo is that consecrated ground healing thing he puts down and the armor of faith buff that increases the party damage reduction, A priest best attack is the Iconic projection which heals and damages enemies, spam the hell out of that.

- Once you feel that you're controlling the fight to a certain degree, then move the wizard to the side and behind of the enemy to use that Fan of Flames (or similar spells) to AOE dmg down the enemy. 

- Wizard can place slicken oil to the left & right of the tanks to make sure enemies can't just go around your tanks to attack your weaker companions in the back.

- Tanks in front, your priest in center of party, wizards behind priest, rogue waiting patiently for moment of opportunity, don't just rush your rogue in letting him die early on.  Once a rogue gets behind an enemy and that enemy is "Flanked", he's screwed even on POTD difficulty.

Summary

This build is about tanking unbelievably well in hopes of controlling the fight as much as possible which gives you the freedom to maneuver and use your DPS companions.

Good luck and please critique this build.

Edited by luzarius
  • Like 1

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Thanks it's working quite well so far.

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

I finally died to a group  of shades/shadows on POTD TOI. The good news is my tank's endurance didn't go down beyond 3 no matter how many shades and shadows were hitting him. Although eventually my tanks health ran out (not endurance, his health over a period of like 3-4 minutes of him fighting solo, but still this is a tried and true build for a supreme tank.

Next time I need to employ the following strategy when dealing with shades/shadows:

2uz3txw.jpg

Edited by luzarius