What's on the idiot box Part 4 (or something)

LadyCrimson

Am I the only one that thinks Rick and Morty has the potential to be the best god damn animated sitcom since the Simpsons? Geniusly written.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

My wife started watching Dexter on Netflix and Ive slowly gotten sucked in. Currently up to S2E9 and its really good.

Dexter is amazing.,.,,,it had a cult following over here. I had assumed everyone in the USA had seen it but I forget all the cable offerings you have 

In South Africa our primary cable network buys all the best shows from across companies like  AMC, Showcase and HBO so  we end of watching not as many as you do but generally the best ones 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Different kind of idiot box, but I've been watching TI5 on Twitch and it's been so great so far.  The best part is that it's just getting started and there have already been a handful of ridiculously entertaining matches, including a crazy comeback from over 20k down.

Edit:  Holy ****, I just watched the most ridiculous match.  It went 95 minutes long, just about everybody wad 6-slotted and had no room, so for 2 Roshans in a row the Aegis went to Crystal f'n Maiden  :lol:  Templar Assassin had so much money that she bought 2 divine rapiers and had the courier leave them in the fountain in their base for like half an hour.  There were 2 freakin' divine rapiers just sitting there doing nothing for half an hour.  In the final battle everybody had buyback, so there were like 9 deaths and 9 buybacks and at the end Templar Assassin died, bought back, dropped a couple items, picked up both rapiers, boots of traveled right back into the battle and just OBLITERATED everybody that was still left alive.  It was madness.  :wowey:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Geez Louise but  Ray Donovan is a really, really good series...season 3 is out for those unaware 

The phlegmatic and stoical nature of Ray I find highly entertaining 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Rowdy Roddy Piper is dead. Hulkster is all thats left of my childhood heroes!

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Hulkster is all thats left of my childhood heroes!"

Bad news for you then! According to WWF he no longer exists. They have basically wiped him off the face of the wrestling plnet. They fird him, they humiliated him, they even banished him from the HOF, news, and history .

\I guess he said some un PC things in thats ex tape of his (gotten illegally) so he's being treated like a cold blooded murder.

I don't approve of what he said but it's ridiculous how people's priorities are screwed up. Says a lot that the biggest crybabies are all whities as all the black wrestlers who hung out with him still have his back and defended him.

But, yeah, bottom line, as far as the WWF and the PC types go Hogan is dead. :(

As for Piper,   may he rest in peace. One of the greats for sure (P.S. he was actually one of the whities who defended Hogan in an interview just a few days prior to his death and a lot of the hypocrites now 'mourning' him attacked him for it because that how pieces of crap work).

RIP Piper!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Rowdy Roddy Piper is dead. Hulkster is all thats left of my childhood heroes!

Yeah Roddy and Dusty Rhodes are pretty big blows to my Childhood and Teen years.

Mister Wrestling II is still with us, so there is that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Rick and Morty still the most intelligent show on television right now and **** you if you're not watching.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Rick and Morty still the most intelligent show on television right now and **** you if you're not watching.

Doesn't air in Canada so I wait for the whole season to hit, download it, and binge it.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Doesn't air in Canada so I wait for the whole season to hit, download it, and binge it.

Yeah  same as here in South Africa, I had never  heard of it to be honest  :blink:

John Milton 

Yeah  same as here in South Africa, I had never  heard of it to be honest  :blink:

Its about a simpleminded kid who has crazy sci-fi adventures with his socially inept super-genius grandfather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFev2BmnhE

This was probably my favorite moment from season 1.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watching this Star Trek: Next Generation HD series on your esteemed advice gentlemen, three observations so far: The quality dips and crests from nadir to zenith on almost every episode, it seems that either the writers, the producers or the directors had varying takes on the approaches one should take and this resulted in massive variance. Patrick Stewart holds the whole thing together with an ease and charisma that really shows how unconvincing some of the other cast are, perhaps a little harsh but i'm failing to warm to the auxillary members. Please tell me that Wesley Crusher is not in too many episodes, that child is unbearable.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The writers try to force you to like Wesley. He buggers off to Starfleet Academy for a couple seasons before coming back though

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watching this Star Trek: Next Generation HD series on your esteemed advice gentlemen, three observations so far: The quality dips and crests from nadir to zenith on almost every episode, it seems that either the writers, the producers or the directors had varying takes on the approaches one should take and this resulted in massive variance. Patrick Stewart holds the whole thing together with an ease and charisma that really shows how unconvincing some of the other cast are, perhaps a little harsh but i'm failing to warm to the auxillary members. Please tell me that Wesley Crusher is not in too many episodes, that child is unbearable.

I shall say that the first season is generally more dire then the rest. The introduction of Q is really the high point, but once the 2nd season starts and Riker has a beard, the rest of it all starts to gel quite nicely.

Also, as Marina Sirtis was fond of saying "the intelligence of Deana Troi's dialogue is in direct contrast to the amount of cleavage her costumes display" - One of the reasons she fought to have Troi put into a normal Star Fleet uniform several seasons in. In general they did manage to cut down on having the "I feel great aaaanger" type of lines she had to pull out.

Wesley does get turned into a general deus ex machina for awhile, but they do send him off to Starfleet Academy at some point.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's odd Data is more convincingly human than that child and his acting. As an ensemble piece I don't think it measures up to the original series so far, but i'll keep watching. Realised Q was the voice of Trias the Betrayer, though it took a while to figure out.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yes, watched the first two series I think, really didn't grab me. I never got the feeling of desperation or the alarm that the crew should be feeling, stranded with limited resources on the far side of the galaxy, especially not with the captain sat in that impeccably clean comfy chair. Once again the crew seemed to be largely non entities as an ensemble cast, I really didn't care for any of them. The Doctor seemed interesting though as a holograpjic construct, though a bit ripped off from old Smeghead Rimmer in Red Dwarf.

Edited by Nonek

Tea for the teapot!

You have to give Wesley credit for knowing he is a terrible actor, and sticking to playing only himself for the rest of his career.   :thumbsup:

He does do a great cheesy evil hacker in Leverage across multiple episodes as well. 

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You have to give Wesley credit for knowing he is a terrible actor, and sticking to playing only himself for the rest of his career.   :thumbsup:

I liked him on Eureka

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg