What are you playing now?

I will vouch for the cipher as a pretty decent class to play. Good "spell" user and a good tank at the same time.

That's what I figured.  I've found Grieving Mother to be possibly my best companion...  Well, not her ringy dingy charms, those are really annoying, but she's incredibly versatile.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just finished Chapter 2 in the Witcher.  I "failed" the autopsy quest, so even though I figured out the big secret, I wasn't able to acuse the right person in the main quest.  A little disappointed.

Also got kind of annoyed with getting drunk at Shani's party, then having to walk alllll the way to the inn/fireplace on the other side of the map to lose the effects of getting drunk.  Took like 10 minutes, real-time, to get there.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I remember that while doing the autopsy quest, I accidentally did the alternate way of discovering the mystery and found I was no longer required to play doctor. That quest was more than a little confusing, but I appreciate not just having the one way to get through 'correctly'.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

If I do another playthrough at some point, I'll probably try a solo run.  I've grown to despise the pathfinding in the game with every fiber of my being.  With a solo run at least I'd only have to deal with holding the hand of one imbecile instead of six.  Also, a solo, high stealth build would give me the best chance at bypassing as much combat as possible, and the less combat I have to do the better.

I've tried starting solo runs (just on Normal...) but I lose interest pretty fast. Solo for me is kinda dull in these games. Nothing to do with challenge/difficulty. Maybe I just prefer more mindless/action for solo, without all the story padding. I still haven't gotten a Pillars "2nd run" past Act1. Lots and lots of new chrs. started, none get past that point. Kind of gave up for now. Maybe in a few weeks.

Right now I'm not playing anything. After playing survival games a while, then Pillars, I'm back to being largely uninterested in gaming at all, period.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah...yes, if I started up again, there's no way I'd try anything harder than normal. Hard is doable, no doubt about it, but such a chore. I don't envy anyone who played through on PotD. *shudder*

I finished PoE on PotD last night. It gets absolutley awful at later levels, when stats are boosted and you find yourself grazing for little damage most of the time.

Did all the companion quests and then moved to a custom party(Cipher PC, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue, Wizard, and Priest), afterwhich I noticed the game got a lot easier.

Like Keyrock, I made the mistake of doing almost every sidequerst and task(skipped Od Nua after a bug prevented me from accquiring a piece of the blade). The game gets gruelling after a while and the writing cetainly isn't enough to save it. While Baldur's Gate Trilogy(any game from the series) miht have been unbalaced as hell, at least you could throw a fireball or quickly shred your foes. In PoE however, the combat tends to be stretched out as your tanks graze enimies for single digit damage while your backrow fires away with guns or spells.

I could get into more problems with the game, but the RPGCodex review summed up a lot of my problems with it. As it is, I don't know if I will be returning for the expansion or sitting it out.

For now, I think I will try a massive playthrough of BGT when I get out of finals.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Just finished Chapter 2 in the Witcher.  I "failed" the autopsy quest, so even though I figured out the big secret, I wasn't able to acuse the right person in the main quest.  A little disappointed.

Also got kind of annoyed with getting drunk at Shani's party, then having to walk alllll the way to the inn/fireplace on the other side of the map to lose the effects of getting drunk.  Took like 10 minutes, real-time, to get there.

Thi is why you keep a goodly supply of Wive's Tears upon you at all times, the recipe can be obtained from a Woodcutter in the Swamp in Chapter 2 if I remember correctly. I just wobbled my way to Kalktein's residence and rested there however, much closer.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

To spice up the swamp i'd recommend not taking Gramps immediately to the Melitele shrine, as the old chap has much to say on various other places, and ideally not attaining either of the Swamp Tower books before talking to him and Vaska. Both of these characters give subtle hints on their previous vocations that add a little depth to the otherwise grindy experience, and with Vaska hint at what is to come in the fourth chapter.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've just found some time to play games again and enjoyed Alpha Protocol for the first time this week. My perception of games has changed, haven't played for two years at all. I think it is a great interactive narrative, I enjoy the way the story is being told.

I liked AP a lot, one of my favorite Obs games for sure. Underrated, though many, even here, will disagree.

Still hopeful that SEGA will dust off the IP and fund a sequel, some day.

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The complete douchebag Michael Thorton bro it up with Steven Heck and **** everybody else playthrough is the definitive Alpha Protocol playthrough.

I'd do anything for a se/prequel where you play as SIE.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I remember that while doing the autopsy quest, I accidentally did the alternate way of discovering the mystery and found I was no longer required to play doctor. That quest was more than a little confusing, but I appreciate not just having the one way to get through 'correctly'.

I agree with the bolded.  Different options are always best.  I should clarify that I was disappointed in myself since I kind of breezed through the autopsy not really paying close enough attention to the dialogue options, thus resulting in me missing out on the "optimal" quest resolution.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Thi is why you keep a goodly supply of Wive's Tears upon you at all times, the recipe can be obtained from a Woodcutter in the Swamp in Chapter 2 if I remember correctly. I just wobbled my way to Kalktein's residence and rested there however, much closer.

Yeah, I read about Wive's Tears online, but I never figured out where to get them.

Yeah, I read about Wive's Tears online, but I never figured out where to get them.

Two ways that I know of: The first is to talk to all the lumberjacks in the swamp, one of them will give you Wive's Tears and some other quite good equipment for around three hundred Orens I think, as he wants to go home early but not miss out on his pay. The second is to talk repeatedly to the barmaid in the New Narakort in chapter 3, eventually she'll give you the recipe, though you may have to give her a set of gloves first so keep some handy.

Tea for the teapot!

IIRC the autopsy body is rigged. Only by reading the right books and asking the right questions you can prevent being fooled.

CDPR chickened out anyway. Imagine if failing to unmask Javed leads to instadeath ambush outside the Tower.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Trying to clean up my massive list of partial playthroughs, so alternating between Saints Row IV and Legend of Grimrock 2 right now. Just arrived in the "castle area" and not really feeling like figuring out the spikey floor puzzle (given its speed it's gonna be die&reload style puzzle solving, not my favourite, especially sine the LoG2 loading times aren't exactly instant)

EDIT: and only minutes later I retry that bit and ace it. Heh.

Edited by marelooke

Noticed Path of Exile now has purchaseable Awakening beta keys (via supporter packs) so I bought a pack, loaded up the beta (separate install), made a lvl 1 guy and started playing. Noticed a waypoint was moved, that the balance for Act1/normal is indeed altered a bit, and that yes, the passive tree now has slots for gems - but not very many can be easily/sensibly reached per chr, seems like. beat up the first Butcher-like partial-boss and quit.

...not sure I'll play the beta more. A peek into it is enough. I'd rather wait until June when I can use my lvl60's to check out Act4, vs. having to start allll over again just to see it in the non-permanent beta.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The first Witcher game isn't drawing me in as much as the second one did.  I can't even pinpoint exactly why it is.  Maybe the story?  Maybe the awkward combat?  Maybe it just seems more tedious to move around the map?

Whatever the case, I like the Witcher 1, but I loved and could replay the Witcher 2.

Well, I finished Pillars.  I tried the final battle twice on Hard then just switched to Easy and beat it.  I'm sure I would have gotten through it on Hard eventually, but I was so tired of the game at that point that I didn't give a **** about any achievements or sense of pride for finishing on a higher difficulty, I just wanted it to be over as soon as possible.  It's a game I started out liking and wound up hating by the end.  I get the expansion "free" because of my pledge, but I don't know if I'll even play it.  Maybe after I cool off for a while my feelings will change, but right now I'd rather have my toe nails ripped off with pliers than play Pillars any more.  Finishing the game feels like a thousand monkeys just jumped off my back.  I'm free.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well, I finished Pillars.  I tried the final battle twice on Hard then just switched to Easy and beat it.  I'm sure I would have gotten through it on Hard eventually, but I was so tired of the game at that point that I didn't give a **** about any achievements or sense of pride for finishing on a higher difficulty, I just wanted it to be over as soon as possible.  It's a game I started out liking and wound up hating by the end.  I get the expansion "free" because of my pledge, but I don't know if I'll even play it.  Maybe after I cool off for a while my feelings will change, but right now I'd rather have my toe nails ripped off with pliers than play Pillars any more.  Finishing the game feels like a thousand monkeys just jumped off my back.  I'm free.

mC7cTyN3.jpeg

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I hate the Kikamore (sp) boss battle at the end of Chapter III in the Witcher.  Mainly it's due to the poor controls.  I had a hell of a time turning my character around and using Aard to knock down the pillars.

I'm just way too used to using a console controller.  Using the mousepad feels incredibly awkward to me now.

mC7cTyN3.jpeg

I too force myself to play through games that I'm getting zero enjoyment from.

.... no, no wait! It's the other way around. I *stop* playing games that I'm getting zero enjoyment from. Phew, I'm just silly like that.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0