Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

Update by Brandon Adler, Lead Producer

pe-cal-580.jpg

Hello, backers. We are closing in on our release date. It is a pretty exciting time, but you are probably wondering about the process to redeem your game (and other rewards) on our Backer Portal. In this update we will discuss the basic process of reward redemption on the Backer Portal and in the next update we will get in depth and provide instructions for you. We also have some cool stuff to show off like a teaser of our documentary, new screenshots, and our PAX Panel.

Let's jump in!

Pillars of Eternity Documentary: Part 1

We have a treat for you guys. We've got our hands on a cut of the first 15 minutes of the Pillars of Eternity documentary. We are splitting it into two parts and you can find the first part below.

pe-doc-part1-580.jpg

Tell Me More about Confirming Pledges

Don't mind if I do.

Step one, and this is very important, make sure you have gone through and confirmed your pledge if you haven't already. Almost all of you have already done this, but there are a few folks that still haven't confirmed their pledge. If you don't confirm your pledge (including adding a shipping address for physical goods) we may not be able to fulfill your rewards in a timely manner.

If you need more information about how to confirm your pledge check out Update 69. It goes into full detail about pledge management in the Backer Portal section.

If you have a survey that you never completed, please do so. If you have in-game rewards (like an NPC, an item, or even backer credits) we most likely will be unable to fulfill those rewards because the game is close to releasing, but we will do our best to get those rewards into patches or the expansion pack.

So, let's say that you have completed your pledge confirmation. What do you do? Well, not much right now. On the week of release we will give you another backer update that goes into detail on how to use our reward redemption system on the Backer Portal. This will show you how to download all of your rewards. If you would like a preview of the system, it is explained in detail in Update 83. Just check out the Wasteland 2 section and it will describe how key redemption works.

New Screenshots

Over the past couple of weeks we have released some new screenshots on our forums.

Our first screenshot pack featured Raedric's Hold. The Raedric line has held dominion over the lands surrounding Gilded Vale for generations, and its formidable keep stands as a bulwark against the dangers of the Dyrwood.

pe-raedrics-hold-580.jpg

Our second screenshot pack featured wurms, drakes, and dragons! Young dragons begin as wurms and grow into drakes as they adapt to their environments. Once mature, they adapt even more extensively as their coloration, ornamentation, and (to a limited degree) body structure will reflect their chosen territory, as will some of their attacks and defenses. Check out the Sky Dragon below.

pe-sky-dragon-580.jpg

Backer Beta

For those of you folks in the Backer Beta we have good news. We are releasing an updated Backer Beta version later today. You will find lots of bug fixes and plenty of game polish. This will be the last update we post for the backer beta, so if you have any feedback you would still like to give us, make sure you head to our forums and let us know.

PAX East

pe-pax-east-stream-580.jpg

The Pillars of Eternity crew gave a panel at PAX East. We were able to show off some companions, discuss the Stronghold system, and explore a cool new dungeon. If you weren't able to catch it, you're in luck because it was streamed. Check out the footage on YouTube.

Kickstarter: Seven Dragon Saga

pe-tsi-580.jpg

If you are like me, I am sure you are a huge fan of the Gold Box Dungeons and Dragons games. We have some pretty exciting news for you. TSI, the spiritual successor to SSI, has just launched a brand new Kickstarter.

In Seven Dragon Saga you shape the wild and dangerous Drakelands with your choices. Impress with noble deeds. Coerce with threats and violence. Or simply lay waste to the empire's enemies without mercy or regret.

The game will feature tactical, turn-based combat and a dramatic storyline with plenty of side content to explore.

Show those guys some love and let's get a great new game funded.

Okay, that's it for now. Next you hear from us we will explain how to redeem your rewards in detail.

• Like 29

Any specific ETA on BB release for today Brandon? Going to spend the entire day on it and lurk on these forums at the same time, should be fun :)

March 26th can't come soon enough! Screw Bloodborne, PoE all the way baby!

Edited by TrueMenace
  • Like 1

Calibrating...

Any specific ETA on BB release for today Brandon? Going to spend the entire day on it and lurk on these forums at the same time, should be fun :)

March 26th can't come soon enough! Screw Bloodborne, PoE all the way baby!

It will likely be later in our afternoon. 4 or 5 hours from now.

• Like 2

Raedric's Hold looks amazing, I love the architecture and the little details you guys have added is impressive. I am looking forward to the release, I have some money spare and plan on getting a second copy for my son.

Now I am off to watch those videos, hopefully they do not have many spoilers, I have been so good to avoid as much information as I can since the Kickstarter, but it is almost at a point where I can wait no longer.

Backer Beta

For those of you folks in the Backer Beta we have good news. We are releasing an updated Backer Beta version later today. You will find lots of bug fixes and plenty of game polish. This will be the last update we post for the backer beta, so if you have any feedback you would still like to give us, make sure you head to our forums and let us know.

Veri gud :D

Can't wait to see the beta folks discuss the new build. I dare to hope you'll be showcasing any new portraits and icons in your beta update post? ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Backer Beta

Can't wait to see the beta folks discuss the new build. I dare to hope you'll be showcasing any new portraits and icons in your beta update post? ;)

Josh Sawyer posted new portraits on his Instagram actually!

https://instagram.com/jesawyer1975/p/0IwsuZpxx2/

• Like 5

Calibrating...

Man, those look pretty kick ass!

Kaz is incredibly talented.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Backer Beta

They look awesome!

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Just wanted to say hello, and thanks for reminding me to confirm. >.< I ran into a login issue previously and didn't have the time to deal with it when it occurred. All set now, looking forward to the game coming out just after my birthday. ^-^

Hi, sorry if this is not the right place, but I was just wondering, did the backer survey have a section where we confirmed the distribution platform for digital purchases? I filled it in ages ago and don't remember now. I don't recall picking either steam or gog, and I have seen nothing else since.

Will we get to choose when we redeem the key via the product page in our profiles?

Thanks in advance