Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

Ah, the woes of GOG gamers not being able to pre-load...

Sit down young man and hear a story of when I was young... which is... approximately 8 years or so ago.

We didn't have fancy Steam downloading all our stuff, we had to go out to a STORE (no not the supermarket, a video game store... what do you mean, you have no idea what that means?). We came home, and had to swap around 6 CD's (DVD's weren't used back then) to install our games.

Then it was time to load up our dial-in interwebs of the awesome 56k variety and download some patches of a massive 20MB for several hours.

When all that was then we booted the game, and looked into our box for a CD-key and manually type that in in a box before our game, hopefully, started flawlessly.

Yes, you young kids don't know how good you have it. *grumbles into himself and walks away murmering*

• Like 5

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Sit down young man and hear a story of when I was young... which is... approximately 8 years or so ago.

We didn't have fancy Steam downloading all our stuff, we had to go out to a STORE (no not the supermarket, a video game store... what do you mean, you have no idea what that means?). We came home, and had to swap around 6 CD's (DVD's weren't used back then) to install our games.

Then it was time to load up our dial-in interwebs of the awesome 56k variety and download some patches of a massive 20MB for several hours.

When all that was then we booted the game, and looked into our box for a CD-key and manually type that in in a box before our game, hopefully, started flawlessly.

Yes, you young kids don't know how good you have it. *grumbles into himself and walks away murmering*

This is what we call 'Advancement', if we set our expectations based on how things use to be, then I guess I stop feeling sorry for myself when I get ill, because i don't have the plague? 

When you played Baldur's Gate 2 and new how tough **** was going to be because of what disc you were on. 

Disc 2 - manageable

Disc 3 - getting a bit tough

Disc 4 - super HIGH LEVEL CONTENT

I seem to have been young at the same time as you and I know at least one game which surely inspired this post ^^

(yep, it's KotOR2)

Hehe. Pssh... I'll do you one better. When I was 5, we had to use NINE 3 1/2" diskettes to install King's Quest 6. And execute it from DOS. And you had to have the manual to get past the first 3rd of the game, u_u...

*waits patiently for someone to easily outdo that story with even worse, earlier gaming circumstances*

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Hehe. Pssh... I'll do you one better. When I was 5, we had to use NINE 3 1/2" diskettes to install King's Quest 6. And execute it from DOS. And you had to have the manual to get past the first 3rd of the game, u_u...

*waits patiently for someone to easily outdo that story with even worse, earlier gaming circumstances*

God, I remember when King's Quest II came out in '87, how floored I was with the EGA graphics at the time; 16 simultaneous colours!

I also can remember loading games from tape, but thanks to the power of nostalgia and slight dementia, I don't recall it ever taking "too long".

• Like 3

Heh I remember checking the mail everyday for my KQ2. Stupid bridle quest, what was up with that?

It took so long to install those old Sierra Games that I remember QFG4 had little entertaining stories to pass the time.

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 1

Heh I remember checking the mail everyday for my KQ2. Stupid bridle quest, what was up with that?

It took so long to install those old Sierra Games that I remember QFG4 had little entertaining stories to pass the time.

I think this is a good hallmark of the difference between early Sierra games and early Lucasarts games, Sierra had some illogical puzzles that could lead you to dead ends, whereas Lucasarts games always seemed to make sense logically (also the lack of failure states was nice, bar the easter egg in MI1).

QFG4's install time was huge, but then it also had full voice work for narration, so I'll give it that. QfG2 is by far my favourite of the series, though.

Yup, 6 GB for me too. And Steam said the game would only require 18 GB anyway. Don't know where those 36 GB come from.

I guess it's 6 GB for the download plus 18 GB for the installed game plus a few gig temp space while deflating files = 36 GB for the whole process, 18 GB afterwards.

I think this is a good hallmark of the difference between early Sierra games and early Lucasarts games, Sierra had some illogical puzzles that could lead you to dead ends, whereas Lucasarts games always seemed to make sense logically (also the lack of failure states was nice, bar the easter egg in MI1).

QFG4's install time was huge, but then it also had full voice work for narration, so I'll give it that. QfG2 is by far my favourite of the series, though.

'Rubber trees' god I busted a gut a that, just seconds after going 'Huh? I died'?

Jennifer Hale's first role was Katrina in QFG4 I was instantly in love. Granted I fell in love easily at 14.

QFG2 was such a bizarre anomaly, so much bigger and better and longer than any of the other games. I never got that. QFG4 was my second favorite one though.

at the moment i'm just reading through the manual and getting STOKED for tomorrow evening!

Where did you find a copy?

Here is a link to the manual from the Steam page of my game: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/291650/manuals/pe-game-manual.pdf?t=1427302221

Oh man, I didn't see that link on Steam...so thanks to you, now I have something to do while waiting for the release! :D

Bandit of the Obsidian Order
image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
animaliacustici.tumblr.com