Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

Will the physical goods be sent out with enough time in advance so that they arrive as close as possible to the 26th?

For Europe and everything this side of the pond I assume Paradox will take care of that?

It is looking like everything will be shipped pretty close to release day for folks in the U.S.. International deliveries may be a couple of weeks after release, unfortunately. Once we receive confirmation of delivery from Paradox we will let you guys know.

Will there be package tracking?

I will have to ask Paradox about that one. I am not sure.

@BAdler: is there a set date at which we won't be able to buy add-ons? Or is the add-on shop for backers gonna last forever? :)

We haven't talked about an exact cutoff, but for digital goods we could theoretically sell them to backers forever. I will have to ask Darren about it.

• Like 1

Will the physical goods be sent out with enough time in advance so that they arrive as close as possible to the 26th?

For Europe and everything this side of the pond I assume Paradox will take care of that?

It is looking like everything will be shipped pretty close to release day for folks in the U.S.. International deliveries may be a couple of weeks after release, unfortunately. Once we receive confirmation of delivery from Paradox we will let you guys know.

This is really disappointing, I thought the reason for sending the game out without the game disk was so that we would get the game pretty much on time, I live in the uk and was expecting all but the game disks to arrive around the 26th. Now its a few weeks after, then the game disks a few weeks later, hasn't someone already stated the all the physical aspects of the rewards are complete, is this not true?

Understandable.

Just so everyone is aware, the physical rewards are all finished (and signed, for those items that required signatures). I realize you aren't looking for excuses, but we had some pretty serious issues shipping into the port of Los Angeles due to labor unions shutting down the docks. It was resolved, but it put a crimp into our shipping plans. We are trying our hardest to get those items shipped to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the reply, you should really put this kinda info into the KS updates then people would understand, as all the info in the last KS update I had seen a while before the update. Would it be possible to get pics of all the physical stuff etc, next to each other so we can have a look at what we are getting. I'm surprised pics haven't been released before now. I know you guys are doing your best and appreciate it, but would be nice if the backers got a little more info before other websites and press.

Just so everyone is aware, the physical rewards are all finished (and signed, for those items that required signatures). I realize you aren't looking for excuses, but we had some pretty serious issues shipping into the port of Los Angeles due to labor unions shutting down the docks. It was resolved, but it put a crimp into our shipping plans. We are trying our hardest to get those items shipped to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks for this, Adam.

You say we're not looking for excuses, but actually I greatly appreciate having this kind of information. Having your goods shipped later because of known reasons is one thing; having them shipped later without knowing anything as to the reason is another. So once again, this is much, much appreciated :)

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Physical rewards are all shipping from California? I was thinking that the deal with Paradox would allow you to ship stuff from other locations. Europeans may end up paying customs.

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Will the recipes in the e-Cookbook I'm supposedly getting be both tasty and cheap?

I haven't tried them, so I don't know if they are tasty. I would never doubt Tim, though.

As the test subject for every recipe in the book, I can verify their tastiness.

• Like 11

WOW, COUPLE OF WEEKS after release for Europe?

Needless to say that this is highly disappointing and unsatisfying. If that was known a few weeks back I'd voted for joint shipping of the physical package and the DVD. I'm actually kind of speechless right now because I've pretty much expected to have my game pack here at release day, being able to look stuff up in the compendium while playing, look stuff up in the map and just enjoy my physical goodies while the game is new and fresh and stuff. This is actually pretty unacceptable... crying.gif huh.png

It's pretty sad that my expensive signed copy is kind of worthless in two ways now. I'm not able to enjoy my goodies at release or during the first "couple of weeks" after release (during the time in which I've planed to play and finish the game....) and the sealed (?) package doesn't even contain a DVD with the game files because we had to decide on that via public voting before we even knew that the stuff wouldn't arrive on release day...seems like we Europeans are ****ed again without compensation, thanks.

Yeah, I'm kind of furious now, sorry.  :getlost:

And to be honest, I've bought stuff from the US before on ebay and elsewhere. I never took longer to ship to Europe than 1 to 2 weeks. Just make it possible, I don't care how.

Edit: Note to myself: next time Obsidian will eventually do a KS don't go higher than the basic version for just a digital key.

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 3
35167v4.jpg

Needless to say that this is highly disappointing and unsatisfying. If that was known a few weeks back I'd voted for joint shipping of the physical package and the DVD.

It's pretty sad that my expensive signed copy is kind of worthless in two ways now. I'm not able to enjoy my goodies at release or during the first "couple of weeks" after release (during the time in which I've planed to play and finish the game....) and the sealed (?) package doesn't even contain a DVD with the game files because we had to decide on that via public voting before we even knew that the stuff wouldn't arrive on release day...seems like we Europeans are ****ed again without compensation, thanks.

The goods would have to be shipped today (or earlier) for a lot of people around the world for them to receive the boxed goods by the 26th. It's why I voted for option 2 because I know I wouldn't be receiving the box by the 26th.

And also to receive the box with no dvd after the game is released and then the dvd even longer is not something I was looking forward too. If I'm going to have to wait, I'd much rather wait for the complete item with dvd and sealed for my collectors edition. Not a sealed collectors edition with no dvd and for the dvd to turn up later. But then I suppose there's a lot of naivety from people who voted in the poll. 

• Like 3

Needless to say that this is highly disappointing and unsatisfying. If that was known a few weeks back I'd voted for joint shipping of the physical package and the DVD.

The goods would have to be shipped today (or earlier) for a lot of people around the world for them to receive the boxed goods by the 26th. It's why I voted for option 2 because I know I wouldn't be receiving the box by the 26th.

And also to receive the box with no dvd after the game is released and then the dvd even longer is not something I was looking forward too. If I'm going to have to wait, I'd much rather wait for the complete item with dvd and sealed for my collectors edition. Not a sealed collectors edition with no dvd and for the dvd to turn up later. But then I suppose there's a lot of naivety from people who voted in the poll. 

On tops, i think it's quite unfair to let people of various pledge levels vote on the same thing.

It's not a huge deal to get a regular physical game pack without DVD if you can get a digital code at release.

But a $500 signed collector's edition is a completely different league. People really buy that because they want to COLLECT it. Part of collecting is having an unbroken, unsealed box. A box that won't contain a game DVD now.

That way Obsidian really gave a big **** you to their biggest fans, to those who really paid a lot during the kickstarter. Sure, we're just a few, who cares about us. It's a majority poll so let's listen to all those $60 DVD box customers (or just anyone on the forum no matter which box they've pledged for or whether they've pledged for anthing at all...) how they decide how much the collector's edition will be worth in the end...

And now we don't even get the boxes on time. That's so ****ed up, I'm really kind of speechless. Huge disappointment for me and probably for most other high tier backers, additionally here in Europe...

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 1
35167v4.jpg

On tops, i think it's quite unfair to let people of various pledge levels vote on the same thing.

It's not a huge deal to get a regular physical game pack without DVD if you can get a digital code at release.

But a $500 signed collector's edition is a completely different league. People really buy that because they want to COLLECT it. Part of collecting is having an unbroken, unsealed box. A box that won't contain a game DVD now.

That way Obsidian really gave a big **** you to their biggest fans, to those who really paid a lot during the kickstarter. Sure, we're just a few, who cares about us. It's a majority poll so let's listen to all those $60 DVD box customers (or just anyone on the forum no matter which box they've pledged for or whether they've pledged for anthing at all...) how they decide how much the collector's edition will be worth in the end...

And now we don't even get the boxes on time. That's so ****ed up, I'm really kind of speechless. Huge disappointment for me and probably for most other high tier backers, additionally here in Europe...

Agree I don't really see the whole point of that vote, yes we will get the game on time (digital version) but so will Joe blogs who bought it off amazon, firstly I was peeved that the physical edition of the strategy guide was going to include  "exclusive bonuses" as this was not even mentioned (will the digital version have these) as this was not available as an add on to the KS, its gonna have my name in but I have to buy it from the shop to get all the exclusive things from the sounds of it.

Then the physical goods are going to be delayed. 

This was my first ever KS and I took a huge leap of faith as spent over $300 on this. 

I do think its all going to be worth it, as the game looks and plays amazing, but the end of this KS has left a me disappointed.

Edited by axan22
  • Like 1

It's also pretty sad that some people see kickstarter as an excuse for unprofessional behaviour. Being familiar with unprofessional behaviour doesn't mean that it is excusable or "ok". It's not. If you can't get out stuff to people on time although you already postponed the release by quite a big margin you don't seem to care much about people's investments into your company and product, sorry. Other companies wouldn't take the luxury of letting their biggest customers and kind-of-investors just standing in the rain, you know. They'd bite the bullet and ship their product via Express Airmail or whatever and take the costs for it. But it seems that with kickstarter there also came a kind of "hey, we're indie, don't treat us like normal companies" philosophy leading to unprofessional behaviour...

And I'm not even talking about the "hey, let us destroy the value of the products of our biggest contributors" by a simple forum voting in which not even 10% of our customers took part and in which actually everyone who is registered on the forum (backer or not) could take part. Excessively unprofessional behaviour, sorry.

That's just how I see it.

35167v4.jpg

@BAdler: is there a set date at which we won't be able to buy add-ons? Or is the add-on shop for backers gonna last forever? :)

We haven't talked about an exact cutoff, but for digital goods we could theoretically sell them to backers forever. I will have to ask Darren about it.

Sounds like a good idea to me :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Yeah I'm kinda miffed too. I was expecting to get my physical goods by the end of the month.. But a couple of weeks later? The person in charge for shipping the goods to other parts of the world messed up in my opinion. Should have gotten that stuff out earlier when you knew your deadline, especially after postponing it for several times.

Update by Brandon Adler, Lead Producer

pe-cal-580.jpg

I wish I had Your sh00p skillz.

Edit: Can we get a HR version for wallpaper?

I made you a personalized wallpaper.

http://imgur.com/Pl48uwj

If I knew the wallpapers would only be for specific users, I never would have backed.

You, sir, are only helping the decline of the RPG. First it's wallpaper. Next it will be food rationing.

• Like 3

I understand the dissapointment. Hell, I am dissapointed myself. I also expected to get my goodies at lunch but If the docks are on strike the docks are on strike. There's not much Obsidian can do in that situation but wait. We'll receive the goodies a couple of weeks later...well, it's not the end of the world. By then the game should have received a patch or two, so your playthrough should be more bug free.

Again, I understand the people that paid 500+ dollars for the signed edition and I agree with them. If there are 300 signed editions, Obsidian should have made a poll for them because they are real collectors. They paid a ****load of money and probably they wanted their thingy sealed. Should have been a good thing to ask. But I also understand Obsidian cause If they make the exception for the 500 tier people, then 65 and the 100  tier people and so on can say "hey, why them and not me?" and then the ****storm continues. Probably there was no good move for Obsi on this one. :(

Edited by namelessthree
  • Like 1