Update 91: Closing in on March 26th!

Hello everybody, I was pretty much dormant last few months but now, since the big day is closing on us, I wish to ask dev. team one thing and one thing only:

Is there a chance for secret "Quotes from Developers" easter egg returning? (my apologies if this was already answered)

Thank you for great update:-)

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

wait so the doc link is just the seven minutes we've already seen?

yes - this is the official update thread (#91) but it repeats some of the 'sneak peek' threads - there'll be another documentary sneak-peek of the next seven minutes in a week or two.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Will the physical goods be sent out with enough time in advance so that they arrive as close as possible to the 26th?

For Europe and everything this side of the pond I assume Paradox will take care of that?

It is looking like everything will be shipped pretty close to release day for folks in the U.S.. International deliveries may be a couple of weeks after release, unfortunately. Once we receive confirmation of delivery from Paradox we will let you guys know.

That is really dissappointing if it turns out this way. What's the point of having a poll about when to ship the game disks when it doesn't matter for a lot of people in the end? Paradox shouldn't treat europe like second class citizens, escpecially when we backed a good amount of the total money. They might as well ship the disk with the other stuff in that case. :getlost:

Not only will i have to wait because there is no preload on gog compared to steam, I also don't get my stuff in a timely manner? It's certainly not adding to the hype I was enjoying the last couple days.

• Like 1

Will the physical goods be sent out with enough time in advance so that they arrive as close as possible to the 26th?

For Europe and everything this side of the pond I assume Paradox will take care of that?

It is looking like everything will be shipped pretty close to release day for folks in the U.S.. International deliveries may be a couple of weeks after release, unfortunately. Once we receive confirmation of delivery from Paradox we will let you guys know.

That is really dissappointing if it turns out this way. What's the point of having a poll about when to ship the game disks when it doesn't matter for a lot of people in the end? Paradox shouldn't treat europe like second class citizens, escpecially when we backed a good amount of the total money. They might as well ship the disk with the other stuff in that case. :getlost:

Not only will i have to wait because there is no preload on gog compared to steam, I also don't get my stuff in a timely manner? It's certainly not adding to the hype I was enjoying the last couple days.

I agree, the original poll specified that the idea was getting it close to release day, or waiting and get everything later. They went with getting it close to release day, but for people in europe it looks like there wasn't a choice to begin with. Just the illusion of one.

• Like 1

So international backers get the game dvd in their box since the shipment will be delayed anyways? I'm a bit confused now.... Wasn't the plan to get the physical stuff to backers on time for release? Don't get me wrong I don't mind and I understand that things do change but I think I have to ask.... "Why didn't you go with "physical stuff will be shipped a few weeks after release", If I remember correctly the reason for replacing the documentary dvd was that you wanted to include the release day. Now the physical stuff will be shipped later and the reasoning for the dvd being excluded and the game discs being shipped seperatly aren't valid (at least for international backers) anymore.

I understand that you probably had good intentions and that things probably changed your plans but I can understand if people get upset. It would have been easier to just ship after release (most people familiar with kickstarter know that it takes a while for physical stuff to arrive) and thus include the dvd and the game discs in the boxed versions (=happy collectors and dvd backers). There is probably no way to change this now but maybe for your next kickstarter ;D?

• Like 1

Holy crap, I didn't realize you guys were in serious trouble when you ran this KS or I'd have pledged more than the $198 I did. I am seriously considdering buying a Royal Edition on GOG just to support you guys even though my pledge already contains everything. If you guys ever go under it'll be the end of the gaming industry. The gaming industry is in a sorry state as it is when traitors like Bethesda can't be held accountable for what they owe great developers like you guys.

1zq6793.jpg

I've noticed I haven't recieved e-mail when a new update was up for several updates now. Is this common to everyone? Obsidial always used to sent me e-mail when they had a new update.

When an update is posted on Kickstarter, it send emails. Seems like KS have some problem sending emails.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

It may be that in Europe that they have to do things differently due to shipping issues or something else it's not typically the distributors fault when it comes to these things. Sometimes Europe gets things before we do. They probably wanted to send everything out at once it would be really hard to time it all out at once for everyone to get everything at the same time also to ship things in bulk takes a great deal of money so unless the Disks are made in Europe also than it will be really expensive to ship over seas the faster they ship it to you the more it costs type deal they may not have the funds for that.

If disks are being made in Europe than it's up to those making the physical goods in Europe to get them out on time at the end of the day money is always the big concern. Depending on how broke they were or how bad of a state they were in 4 million and some change is great but for a decent size team who have families to feed the bills the cost of travel fee physical goods, ect and shipping fees.

P.S

Sorry for the many errors just waking up going to go back to sleep for 10 minutes lol

Edited by cresentdark

This is really disappointing, I thought the reason for sending the game out without the game disk was so that we would get the game pretty much on time, I live in the uk and was expecting all but the game disks to arrive around the 26th. Now its a few weeks after, then the game disks a few weeks later, hasn't someone already stated the all the physical aspects of the rewards are complete, is this not true?

I do complete agree to your point! As I am in Germany I also hoped to get the CE gamebox by 26th of March and not a couple of weeks later. Will the physical goods be sent to europe by ship? I payed 20 $ for shipping only, (190 $ in total).  For a small and light game box this is a lot of money. So I expected delivery will by via air mail.

Backers should be the first to get the physical goods instead of everyone else who has e.g. ordered via Amazon.

I am desperately disappointed!

• Like 1

This is really disappointing, I thought the reason for sending the game out without the game disk was so that we would get the game pretty much on time, I live in the uk and was expecting all but the game disks to arrive around the 26th. Now its a few weeks after, then the game disks a few weeks later, hasn't someone already stated the all the physical aspects of the rewards are complete, is this not true?

I do complete agree to your point! As I am in Germany I also hoped to get the CE gamebox by 26th of March and not a couple of weeks later. Will the physical goods be sent to europe by ship? I payed 20 $ for shipping only, (190 $ in total).  For a small and light game box this is a lot of money. So I expected delivery will by via air mail.

Backers should be the first to get the physical goods instead of everyone else who has e.g. ordered via Amazon.

I am also from Germany and really disappointed about this.

Could please a Dev clear this up for us?

And are we playin the Game at all  at 26th ??

Will we get keys to play it at release?

I am a slacker Backer with a Physical Order.

Edited by Louis2014

I can't wait to see the full documentary.

Fun fact:  I've already scheduled a day off from work for March 27th.  Once I get home from work March 26th I'll be all about PoE with no worries of having to go to sleep early to wake up for work the next day.  I may not go to sleep at all.  :wowey: *

* I'll probably go to sleep at some point, I'm too old to pull all-nighters

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Physical Orders include digital key for the game, which can be used either in GoG or Steam. So yes, you can play the game at 26th.

"The end comes soon. We hear drums, drums in the deep. They are coming."

Could still a Dev respond?

because its really confusing

adam or BAdler please?

Thank you in advance

That is really dissappointing if it turns out this way. What's the point of having a poll about when to ship the game disks when it doesn't matter for a lot of people in the end? Paradox shouldn't treat europe like second class citizens, escpecially when we backed a good amount of the total money. They might as well ship the disk with the other stuff in that case. getlost.gif

They mentioned in the update and thread regarding that poll that there would always be a distinct delay between US shipments and international shipments. This was option #2 in the update about the poll:

Alternatively, we delay shipping everything out to you once we have the final 1.0 version ready. For some parts of the world, this could mean a delay of some real significance. Not just a week or two, but multiple weeks after it’s released.

Now, I don't know the details, but it sounds like there are two things at play, here.

1) For reasons unknown (but probably actual reasons, since I don't see Obsidian being merely lazy/spiteful people who hate anyone but U.S. dwellers), getting everything together for a given person's reward and shipping it all the way to them internationally seems to take possibly 1-2 weeks longer than the exact same shipment within the U.S.

2) Finalizing the game disc for other language versions takes longer.

So, it seems as though international folk will still be getting their physical goods minus the game disc, itself, several weeks earlier than the game disc. But, overall, anything shipped outside the U.S. will be slower to arrive than the same thing shipped inside the U.S.

I get that that's crappy, but maybe we should learn the reasons before we imply Obsidian's efforts are lacking.

Maybe it's a Paradox/publishing thing? Maybe all the stuff's slightly different for various regions of the world? I dunno. I'd like to know, but I currently do not.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Brian Adler quote from Update 89: "Anyone who pledged to a physical reward tier will get a digital copy. You’ll be able to get a Steam or GOG.com key on our site and play the game at the same time as everyone else."

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So close but yet so far away. As in forever away for me as far as I can tell,. I loved Baldur's Gate it made me so happy and started me playing RPG's to this day; and its successors, but I am now disappointed in the fact that this 25GB game is download only. I can't dl that big of a file, I don't have access to an internet connection that fast. My internet will let me play FPS with 50 ping but it would take me over a month to get this game. Seems a shame.

Understandable.

Just so everyone is aware, the physical rewards are all finished (and signed, for those items that required signatures). I realize you aren't looking for excuses, but we had some pretty serious issues shipping into the port of Los Angeles due to labor unions shutting down the docks. It was resolved, but it put a crimp into our shipping plans. We are trying our hardest to get those items shipped to you as quickly as possible.

• Like 10