Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

PC master species?

PC Ubermensch?

Advocates of the platform exhibiting superiority?

Council of undisputable and noticable technological superiority?

Kryptonians?

Betters?

I like PC Ubermensch, since it still carries Nazi connotation for middle finger purposes.  I mean, they'll likely ban whatever new term becomes popular that replaces PC Master Race, so might as well serve them some **** yous before the hammer of censorship comes down again.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Is a dumb joke, think Yatzhee meant it as a slight in any case as complexity in games is bad to him or something. Much ado about nothing, but that seems to the meat and potatoes of games journalism these days :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is a dumb joke, think Yatzhee meant it as a slight in any case as complexity in games is bad to him or something. Much ado about nothing, but that seems to the meat and potatoes of games journalism these days :lol:

Well yeah, of course it's a joke, you'd have to be a thick headed writer for PC Gamer or an admin at NeoGAF with a stick up his/her arse to not see it's a joke.  I mean, I own a Wii U which I dearly love and I'll still toss out the PC Master Race term here and there for lulz.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Lords of the PC?

Masters of Gaming?

The Evolved?

Proponents of Increased Graphical Superiority?

Appreciated and Revered Sons of Extreme Sophistication?

PC Eminences?

Tyrants of the Mouse and Keyboard?

Maestros of Modding?

Steam Superiors?

Titans of Increased Technological Superiority?

Gods of Graphical Fidelity?

Deities of the Desktop?

Fanatics of the FPS?

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Lords of the PC?

Masters of Gaming?

The Evolved?

Proponents of Increased Graphical Superiority?

Appreciated and Revered Sons of Extreme Sophistication?

PC Eminences?

Tyrants of the Mouse and Keyboard?

Maestros of Modding?

Steam Superiors?

Titans of Increased Technological Superiority?

Gods of Graphical Fidelity?

Deities of the Desktop?

Fanatics of the FPS?

Okay, I really like that one, since it acronyms into T.I.T.S.   :lol:

Yes, I do have the mentality of a 12 year old.  Why do you ask?

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I was really hoping people wouldn't notice the acronyms i've been including.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Council of undisputable and noticable technological superiority?

You sly mother****er! :lol:

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Really hoping that one would catch on.

Tea for the teapot!

http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/2sh34s/phil_savage_tells_valve_to_make_tf2_exciting_again/

Threads like this and their top comments remind me people care.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I was really hoping people wouldn't notice the acronyms i've been including.

Did you spend a lot of time coming up with those?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Few minutes, inspiration struck.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

So PC Gamer has been removing comments regarding that journalist whose girlfriend works at Ubisoft thing.

Does nobody in games journalism know what the Streisand Effect is? They just blew that up.

Why is it so difficult to appologize, promise to do better,  do better, and move on? Even the Italian mob had better ethics than these people.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So PC Gamer has been removing comments regarding that journalist whose girlfriend works at Ubisoft thing.

Does nobody in games journalism know what the Streisand Effect is? They just blew that up.

Why is it so difficult to appologize, promise to do better,  do better, and move on? Even the Italian mob had better ethics than these people.

That'sa spicy meatball.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Stop the presses! New important information about the effects of videogaming on society!

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/01/15/heres-everything-feminist-frequency-can-teach-us-about-the-effect-of-video-games-on-society/

//Apparantly there was a segment on ABC's Nightilne about gamergate yesterday, which was later posted on youtube. Thundef00t had a comment that generated over 1000 likes, which got deleted. TB weighed in, his alos got deleted. Sargon of Akkad wondered what was going on....and his comment was deleted. I would like to thank the owner of the account for making sure that we cannot hear ungoodspeak.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Silly me, i forgot to add the TB's tweet that got deleted:

https://twitter.com/EchoOwl/status/556040416139960320/photo/1

The video itself (check the description! Yikes!) "In an effert to reprogram the video game industry..."

Saved in case of they are changing it: https://twitter.com/masterninja/status/556061930251890689/photo/1

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

That's why GG won't win, ridiculously easy for Sarkeesian when utilizing outside media. She should be grateful for this, I tell you :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

//Apparantly there was a segment on ABC's Nightilne about gamergate yesterday, which was later posted on youtube. Thundef00t had a comment that generated over 1000 likes, which got deleted. TB weighed in, his alos got deleted. Sargon of Akkad wondered what was going on....and his comment was deleted. I would like to thank the owner of the account for making sure that we cannot hear ungoodspeak.

4h85iHo.png

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I get removing comments if its just trollish behaviour or profanity, but those were all sensible comments..

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I get removing comments if its just trollish behaviour or profanity, but those were all sensible comments..

92b.jpg

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands